What do YOU want to see ?

+
I'm....I'm so torn! There are so many good thoughts and arguments both ways about having more spoilery stuff and non-spoilery stuff. I'll admit, I can't pick a side, I want to see more and I don't want to see more.

The choices! The choi-

Cognitive dissonance is a bitch...

I can feel the schism of ambivalence in this thread...

Community, assemble !

I'm aware that many of you might still be busy trying to disprove the existence of Ciri's bra or discussing
important topics such as shoes with heels.

But I'm writing this thread on behalf of our friend @scratcherpen , who proposed the idea of letting the community decide
what kind of gameplay footage we'd like to see next (of course that is mainly more Ciri and more Yennefer).

In coordination with our beloved hype train conductor @Marcin Momot , we made this thread happen.
So let us give the REDs some feedback~

What kind of the Witcher 3 gameplay footage would you like to see next ?

Would you like to see a certain game mechanic explained in detail ?
Does underwater combat tickle your fancy ?
Do you yearn for PS4 footage of the Witcher 3 ?

Don't hesitate to share with us whatever you'd enjoy to see !
Thank you for your attention. Ciriously.

The next gameplay footage I want to see is me playing the game myself.
A little birdy told me that the more time cdpr team devs spend making and publishing gameplay demos for us,
the less time they spend polishing the game for us. I believe we are in for the long haul guys & gals untill late February.Yeah, they might announce a few more things along they way, but now is a great time to just let them be when it comes to asking for new footage. Yes.. I think we will see that Yen CGI but I doubt anytime soon. MY 2CENTS;)

I agree that we have seen enough of the main quest now.

I kind of want to see examples of finding a point of interest and what kinds of things you can expect to find there. Failing that then I vote for a side quest, maybe a monster contract from start to finish to get a better example of fighting some dangerous monsters. The griffin was cool and all but it was cut off early and seemed to me like it was made easier for presentation purposes. I want something unabridged.

I am going to amicably disagree.

Whom would this video be aimed at?

Newcomers to the series do not know enough to care about those characters. I could be wrong but, on the other hand, seasoned players are likely either well aware of that emotional quadrilateral or eager not to have it spoiled for them. I think it'd be a tough sale to a larger audience, a gender-centric dev diary. It's not that pressing or popular a theme to deserve a video some, what?, 4 months ahead of release.

My idea wasn't really concenrated around Yen, Triss and Ciri's gender. Rather on the fact that from all the characters that are closest to Geralt - a phrase so often repeated by the devs when they describe Geralt's final, personal journey - all happen to be women.

And the reason for this trailer would be exactly the one you mentioned - that newcomers, which we will get plenty with TW3, don't know enough to care. So, if Geralt's search for his loved ones is suposed to be the main theme of the game - as stated by the devs - they should make something so newcomers will at least start to care and get ANY idea about the female trio.

So yes, I tried to look at the new possible content from outside the seasoned Witcher fan lens.

I will give some general directions for what I think the next gameplay should be about:

1) Variety
Different and contrasting things in general. Combat? then show many different styles of attacks, use all signs not just the most normal ones like igni, aard and quen, dodge with different moves, show more environmental opportunities like the gas in the swamps, show physics and etc.
Exploration and world? show different weather types, storms, snowing, at night with no full moon, at dusk, many varied places like mountains, in small towns, in the sea, ominous caves and hideouts, the streets of Novigrad at night, show varied animals and how they interact between each other.
Characters and story? show varied characters, they dont need to be known ones or important ones, dwarves, trolls, elves, men, women, monsters, show the cinematic conversations between characters riding while talking, or walking in the city, different situations like quest talk, intrigue, heated discussions, threats.
Just dont let the game fall into a specific place, dont let it look like its an understandable and predictable thing, make it strange and irregular, impossible to say if its "this kind of RPG" or "this other kind", cause its The fucking Witcher 3, not out yet, and unprecedented.

2) Impressive scenes, shocking ones.
Show scenes that arent about letting you know what fans already know they will get, but rather that surprise us and force us to wonder what the game will really be like, and that they look amazing of course, with significant clear things happening that we can say "oh its the part where X happens". This can be anything from story events like in the witcher 2 trailers, or simple scenes of packs of horses running in the wild, a storm destroying your boat, flashy combat parts like Geralt using Aard from his horse to knowckdown an enemy rider, new gameplay mechanics that havent been presented yet, etc.

3) Strategical RPG elements
Show a lot of stuff regarding the strategical systems of the gameplay, short but sweet footage of combining plants to make potions and/or upgrading them, varied armor sets and how we change them replacing their separate parts with monster parts or something else, skill tree with some clear abilities shown and then cut to a scene in which Geralt uses them, crafting items and using some of those in combat like varied traps footage and bombs, show statistics and how we can change them a bit, customization of all kinds and some of its effects, Witcher senses and how they help uniquely in different situations.

4)Open world life
Show and talk about everything regarding the living open world, how people behave, why, how many animals are in the game and how's their AI, how do they interact with each other, try to resume in a video things like corpses attracting monsters of a specific kind to an area and now posing a threat to villagers, what happens when monsters get close to towns or a city, show what they all do in different weather conditions, and what do they mean for the player.

5)Type of footage
I personally don't think that its a good idea to show long raw uncut footage like the 37 minute demo, it gives trust and more direct understanding to viewers, but in exchange you guys reduce hype by turning the game into something more common, more mundane, like when we will play it. Whatever next gameplay you show, I suggest do it in medium to long trailers, 5 minutes minimum aprox., and get to a point, whether its presenting only one aspect, or showing new content in general for the first time. Avoid just demoing the game like any random lets player messing around in a quest, present your whole game in each of the videos, make the trailers something in the name of it, a video that I can send to a friend and tell him "here, this is TW3" without having to explain that not all quests are like those in the 37 min demo, or that combat can change, or that you're not always using the same armor, or that its not all swamps and the city.

I want fans to be pleased and continue to be engaged but also new players to be in awe with these suggestions.

Last edited:

Jupiter_on_Mars

My idea wasn't really concenrated around Yen, Triss and Ciri's gender. Rather on the fact that from all the characters that are closest to Geralt - a phrase so often repeated by the devs when they describe Geralt's final, personal journey - all happen to be women.

And the reason for this trailer would be exactly the one you mentioned - that newcomers, which we will get plenty with TW3, don't know enough to care. So, if Geralt's search for his loved ones is suposed to be the main theme of the game - as stated by the devs - they should make something so newcomers will at least start to care and get ANY idea about the female trio.

So yes, I tried to look at the new possible content from outside the seasoned Witcher fan lens.

But that's the game's job.

TW3 is said to be self-sufficient in this regard. It is said to have a newcomer-friendly, quite encompassing prologue, plus all the in-game information a complete stranger to the series might need. Additionally, since these relationships are central to the story, let in-game storytelling handle them, in the pacing and extent that best suits the narrative, as opposed to jam-packing it all in a 5 minute expository trailer most newcomers won't be interested in anyway,

Let's face it. Important as those characters are, they lack the immediate appeal of a feature on, say, combat, alchemy or exploration. And I will reiterate that a video on three women, titled «Women of the Witcher» has every chance of being mistaken for a gender-centric clip. That's not the role I'd bestow upon promo material 4 months before launch. There are more pressing tasks.

Anyway, I think we both have made our points clear.

Last edited:
Most have been mentioned, but here's my list:

- Skellige, just random wandering, maybe climbing a higher mountain, fighting the Yeti or something along those lines
- I want to see 'my' boat falling to pieces on the wild open sea
- Video about the weather system and day-night cycle
- Random encounters, wildlife
- Combat on the highest difficulty
- I definitely don't want to see any more quests or (in-game) characters before release

Last edited:
No Vats system? :'(
Bad news...

Than i just really want to see how Geralt combat abilities change through the game... We just get +5 to dmg and new animation or something better? Like Shield Charge in Skyrim.

Top Bottom