• Option 1: Sword of Destiny-Version

Votes: 323 52.4%
  • Option 2: Debut-Version

Votes: 68 11.0%
  • Option 3:VGX-Version

Votes: 70 11.4%
  • Option 4:Summer Conference-Version

Votes: 129 20.9%
  • Other (Freel free to post your suggestion)

Votes: 26 4.2%

• Total voters
The only real differences (imo) between Geralt's TW2 face, and TW3's is literally: he's complexion, he's hair, and beard.

Imo people are freaking out over nothing. Considering you can (apparently) customise 2/3 of these. If Geralt had the same hair, and no beard as second game. He would look almost identical.

Albeit, without the complexion of somebody who looks like they're about to drop dead of illness at any moment.
---
@Kornerkid83, that image is super fake, & photo shopped lol.

Last edited:
The only real differences (imo) between Geralt's TW2 face, and TW3's is literally: he's complexion, he's hair, and beard.

Imo people are freaking out over nothing. Considering you can (apparently) customise 2/3 of these. If Geralt had the same hair, and no beard as second game. He would look almost identical.

Albeit, without the complexion of somebody who looks like they're about to drop dead of illness at any moment.
---
@Kornerkid83, that image is super fake, & photo shopped lol.

To be honest, that's also a main issue for me.

Geralt in TW3 just looks not pale enough (he had the complexion of an ill/dead person - like you said, he looked almost like undead in TW2, and I loved it) and the beard actually has grey and back areas which goes against lore where he lost all pigmentation. He is the white wolf, the the grey wolf.

Sorry, CD Project, but with the current design of the witcher, you are creating a "Disneyland-Version" of a once cool and dangerous looking protagonist - too fat, too civilized, too soft. I'm still blown away by the incredible graphics your game will deliver. But aks yourself: Is this still Geralt of Rivia, the White Wolf? Or is your current version of him just a medieval dandy, whose name also could be "Hamster Cheeks"? I for myself definitly know, which version I'd like to play ...
View attachment 5596 View attachment 5597
The Real Witcher + Hamster Cheeks

Attachments

• Real Witcher.jpg
    Real Witcher.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 95
  • Hamster Cheeks.jpg
    Hamster Cheeks.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 97
Sorry, CD Project, but with the current design of the witcher, you are creating a "Disneyland-Version" of a once cool and dangerous looking protagonist - too fat, too civilized, too soft. I'm still blown away by the incredible graphics your game will deliver. But aks yourself: Is this still Geralt of Rivia, the White Wolf? Or is your current version of him just a medieval dandy, whose name also could be "Hamster Cheeks"? I for myself definitly know, which version I'd like to play ...
View attachment 5596 View attachment 5597
The Real Witcher + Hamster Cheeks

Nothing more to say... this is evidence.

I too think that the Geralt from the demos doesnt quite look the same White Wolf we all know and love.
Cant but my finger on it though. Something about the eyes, brows and roundess of the face I quess.

Also CD Project seems to put more and more colour to Geralts skin game by game. Now He sometimes looks too much like an ordinary guy and not the heavily mutated freak he is supposed to be in the eyes of others.
It is true that in the books many people didnt regognize Geralt as a witcher right away but closer examination always seemed to reveal unnatural paleness and mild signs of mutation.

Yeah Geralt's Face does look quite chubby, since it's still time I hope that they make it a bit thinner like in the first few trailer (see pic below).

View attachment 3800

Last edited:
What screenshot comparison? One is the boxart for TW2, Geralt's actual in-game model looking nothing like it. I get that fuzzy beard might make Geralt's face seem different, more round, but it isn't.

He seems to be too healthy for a mutant, IMO.

View attachment 5601
View attachment 5602

This so much.
I mean look at the pictures, both ingame.

I mean, I agree that Geralt's face might not be "too fat", it's pretty much okay, a beard really changes how one looks (I myself are evidence of that), but his face looks too HEALTHY, not pale enough, his eyes don't shine yellow/orange/cat-like (not obvious enough) and his hair is partially pigmented instead of white.

That is all I want to change:

- No blood-red cheeks
- Undead-Like, Unhealthy Paleness of his face.
- White Hair, no pigmentation (he lost it, remember?)
- The eyes need to be more obvious (though this is the smallest problem of those 4)

To be perfectly honest, the way it is at the moment in TW3, I myself (I - as a normal human being) look less health than Geralt does. My eyes have darker rings and my face is paler than his.

Last edited:
Bringing this one up for the last time, I think CDPR did certainly have their thoughts on how Geralt should look (and probably behave) during the development. Since this picture is from a mid-2013 article (and apparently only used there, maybe the editors were shown an early version or something), I assume they choose the "well-fed hamster cheeks" ;-) because he looks more like a hero, and that sells better. In this picture, he looks very grim and unfriendly, merciless if you ask me.
Maybe a bit offtopic, but I think this screenshot looks legit, judging fron the armor etc, and we might recognize that situation and the tree-like creature once the game is out :)

Attachments

• 1072550_10151575272864331_1560978403_o-1024x579.jpg
    1072550_10151575272864331_1560978403_o-1024x579.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 61
View attachment 5606

Newest version from the cosplay guide. It looks like some of your concerns were heard
Yes I admit in shot C, Geralts cheeks do look as if he has cottonballs in his mouth.

I'm telling you if CDPR Team can surprise us with some unlockable Geralt/skins from TW2&TW1 all will be well.
Then we all can play as the Geralt we have come to know and love, be it W1/W2/W3. Like I said devs would have to modify the looks in shuch a way that it blends well with the new graphics engine and lighting of the world. I think all they would have to do is make two more in game Geralt models that are reminiscent of the Geralt models from TW1&TW2 but with the new updated graphics and animations of Geralt from TW3. It's virtually just a couple off extra paint jobs over the new Geralt model, the only thing I would worry about is the cutscenes of Geralt. I doubt they would go and redo all of them by hand just to make it match the previous styles of the past cutscenes, it wouldn't look right or make sense. Damn it, I don't know if something like this could ever work now. I am really starting to doubt this awesome idea the more I think about it, oh well if it happens it happens. I still like the new Geralt, yes he looks a little bit different but that's to be expected. So who knows, if we ever do get the chance to play some souped up versions of Geralt from TW1 & TW2 in TW3 I will not be disappointed;)

Top Bottom