Ciri Fan Art Thread

+
Geralt's heart doesn't truly belong to Yen since he has lost his memory and was in a deep relationship with Triss for quite a lot of time.
I, personally didn't like Yennefer at all. I hate this kind of women.

I'll wait and see how Yennefer is presented in the Witcher 3.

But I'm about to skip the whole romance content all together and just let my Geralt wander off
into the sunset with Ciri, living a dangerous and restless witcher life together.

They don't fit into society anyway, and normal relationships don't seem to work for them.
So they might aswell accept their fate and hunt monsters until the end of time....

IMO the only true witcher here is Geralt. So, he could finally get her into bussiness.
Ciri hasn't really killed anything beside humans.
PS: I define a true Witcher by:
- a Steel Sword
- a Silver Witcher Sword
- knows how to use sings
- went through Trial of the Grasses (and is FULLY mutated)

IMO the only true witcher here is Geralt. So, he could finally get her into bussiness.
PS: I define a true Witcher by:
- a Steel Sword
- a Silver Witcher Sword
- knows how to use sings
- went through Trial of the Grasses (and is FULLY mutated)

That is true.

To me being a witcher is more like a job description: witchers protect humans from monsters.
All that you listed are just tools of the trade, but they DO define what a witcher needs to succeed.

That being said, I believe that Ciri has what it takes.
She doesn't need to be put through mutations because she was already born with powers.

-she has a silver witcher sword (look at the cosplay guide)
-she had a steel sword ('Swallow' , but she seems to have lost it. Still, silver cuts humans just as good.)
-she has a witcher medallion
-she knows magic much stronger than signs
-she defeated master swordsmen (i.e. Bonhart, Eredin)
-she learnt all about monsters in Kaer Morhen (she had lessons)
-she ran The Killer daily at Kaer Morhen and bested it like other witchers with mutations did

...the only thing she misses are the mutations, which Geralt wanted to put her through.

But it was prevented by a certain sorceress because it would have made Ciri infertile and foiled
the lodges plans regarding the Lara Dorren gene.

So ....yeah. To me Ciri is a witcher, although a very unexperienced one.
But I have no doubt that Geralt will vesemir her to his best abilities ~*

That is true.

To me being a witcher is more like a job description: witchers protect humans from monsters.
All that you listed are just tools of the trade, but they DO define what a witcher needs to succeed.

She doesn't need to be put through mutations because she was already born with powers.

-she has a silver witcher sword (look at the cosplay guide)
-she had a steel sword ('Swallow' , but she seems to have lost it. Still, silver cuts humans just as good.)
-she ran The Killer daily at Kaer Morhen and bested it like other witchers with mutations did

...the only thing she misses are the mutations, which Geralt wanted to put her through.

But it was prevented by a certain sorceress because it would have made Ciri infertile and foiled

1. Silver is a VERY soft material. Doesn't cut through armors, chainmails as good as steel. (Silver can get damaged, even though silver
swords weren't 100% pure silver)
2. Ciri didn't master The Killer.
3. In books, it's mentioned that Ciri is as skilled as very young witchers.
4. She doesn't necessarily know much about monsters, as lessons she took and drawings she saw are pure theory. To know something you must have some expierience with it.
Ciri didn't fight with monsters - Ciri slowly loses knowledge about monsters.
PS.: She got quite lucky with Bonhart. :)

"Seasons of Storms" should be a prequel. I haven't read it yet, it recounts an event of Geralt's story before the story of the original saga. Someone here maybe read it and could tell better than me. It can't continue Geralt's story, coz the original saga in fact ends with The Lady of the Lake. In TW2 flashback it is said what happened to Geralt and Yennefer. The only "so called sequel" we know so far are in fact the games themselves. We can continue the dicussion in the italian thread, if you want, coz we're going off topic now here
There are some "flashbacks" (or "fhashforvards") from the future. In one of them
Hard spoiler
Geralt meet young Nimue in her way to Aretuza, more than 100 years after events from games and Saga. He is rather more experienced than before (use two swords at the same time).

1. Silver is a VERY soft material. Doesn't cut through armors, chainmails as good as steel. (Silver can get damaged, even though silver
swords weren't 100% pure silver)
2. Ciri didn't master The Killer.
3. In books, it's mentioned that Ciri is as skilled as very young witchers.
4. She doesn't necessarily know much about monsters, as lessons she took and drawings she saw are pure theory. To know something you must have some expierience with it.
Ciri didn't fight with monsters - Ciri slowly loses knowledge about monsters.
PS.: She got quite lucky with Bonhart. :)

I just have one thing to add:

Steel swords can't cut through heavy armors, chainmails.
At best they dent the armor which causes severe injuries to the person wearing it.

But that is irrelevant because a witchers fighting style does not aim at armor, but uses precise strikes
against weak spots such as arteries, the lung or the heart.

If someone comes wearing an armor they get greeted by an Igni and boiled like a sausage.

There are some "flashbacks" (or "fhashforvards") from the future. In one of them
Hard spoiler
Geralt meet young Nimue in her way to Aretuza, more than 100 years after events from games and Saga. He is rather more experienced than before (use two swords at the same time).

Thanks a lot
So are informations in the Witcher wiki wrong? Coz there it is said that the story is set before "The Witcher" short story but before some of the events of The Last Wish book. http://witcher.gamepedia.com/Season_of_Storms

@SMiki55
I couldn't help but read that. Thanks for posting it!
Good to have some clarification regarding Geralt's fate after Lady of the lake.
Now I want to read it even more, hope the translations come soon.

@secondchildren
No, SMiki55 stated there are "flashforwards" that tell the events that happen in the future of the main story. The previous books did this as well.

Thanks a lot
So are informations in the Witcher wiki wrong? Coz there it is said that the story is set before "The Witcher" short story but before some of the events of The Last Wish book. http://witcher.gamepedia.com/Season_of_Storms

The main story is indeed set before "The Witcher" short story.
But some scenes are placed in the future. Remember "Babtism of Fire" and an old man telling about Geralt's story?

Spoilers from Saga.

No. <- that

I know that in the books it is implied that Ciri has feelings for Geralt, but those aren't mutual.

Where? Only thing of that sort that I remember was when little Ciri was jealous when she met Yennefer. So far Geralt was only for her, and now new woman appears which can take some of Geralts attention from her. But it was about jealous daughter who doesn't like new stepmother kinda feeling, not love towards Geralt with sexual context. It was brief, not sexual, and unimportant. Grown up Swallow is fully aware and have nothing against Yen and White Wolf relationship, which is best shown in the bathtub scene at the end of Lady of the lake.

So in TW3III there is no place even for "rejected affection"

Yes she is conclusion of controlled and uncontrolled experiment spread over generations. In some way she deserves to be call "mutant" more than witchers are. But, Witchers are mutated in very precise, calculated and purposeful way. To fulfill very specific and demanding stuff so you can't put equals sign between her powers and witchers mutations.

She took it from a dead body, didn't earn it. It was very symbolic scene, meaning that she is a complete warrior now, able to do amazing stuff like reflect arrow with her sword for example. But not a witcher.

She is able (assuming, that her "rejection of magic, was purely mental blockade - and I agree with that version) to learn much stronger magic than signs (but so are witchers as Vilgefortz explained) . As far as we know she know very basic stuff, that she learned from Yen. She never completed her magic education.

Yes, she did. She is outstanding fencer. But is she on witcher level? It's debatable. On one hand we have her reflecting an arrow with her sword (ability associated only with witchers), killing Bonhart (which was not luck but pure skill, and ability to take advantage from better position). On the other hand, we have Coën who says that she will never be as fast as witcher, and Geralt, who instruct and corrects her after seeing her defeating few men (near the end of saga).

She took lessons. We have no idea, if she mastered all of witcher knowledge. Personally I doubt that.

So? Was it such an achievement, to learn how to control your breath?

...the only thing she misses are the mutations, which Geralt wanted to put her through

This and all above..

It wasn't "prevented". Witcher never wanted to put her through trials in the first place. Triss theorizes about that during her journey to Kaer Morhen, but quickly abandon that idea (as she was called to temper Ciris "prophetic trends").

No she isn't. No trials, no witcher specific mutations, no monster slaying experience, not enough training.

I just have one thing to add:

Steel swords can't cut through heavy armors, chainmails.
At best they dent the armor which causes severe injuries to the person wearing it.

But that is irrelevant because a witchers fighting style does not aim at armor, but uses precise strikes
against weak spots such as arteries, the lung or the heart.

Witcher do block with sword. Silver one isn't exactly best suited to do so. Silver is good against monsters, not other fencer.

If someone comes wearing an armor they get greeted by an Igni and boiled like a sausage.

Igni from games, maybe, igni from books not so much. Besides, Ciri didn't know how to create and use igni. :p

Last edited:

Ciri didn't fight with monsters - Ciri slowly loses knowledge about monsters

Wrong. She has. A Vyvern and this monster thing at the desert with a little help of her friend.

No she isn't. No trials, no witcher specific mutations, no monster slaying experience, not enough training.

It's true. She is not a witcher. She is something more.

Last edited:
Gotta agree with @Nars here. Great, detailed post. I agree on every point made.

There's some additions I'd like to make. Triss stopped the Witchers from giving Ciri "mushrooms" that would enhance her muscle developement. Mutations never took place, and I don't think the witchers were seriously considering such a thing, before consulting a Sorcerer.

Ciri can fence amazingly good. She is fast, agile and really really creative, regarding that. That is how she managed to "beat" both Bonhart and Eredin. She is not however as fast as a witcher. She is not as strong as a witcher.

That is mainly due to two reasons.

One, because she did not get mutated. The mutations did just that. They made an already strong and fast man, even stronger and faster.

Second, she is not a man. She is much shorter than Geralt, and much lighter. Regarding monster fights, that is a blessing and a curse, depending on the monster she is fighting.

Let's not forget that in the short story about Geralt's and Yennefer's wedding, even if it is not cannon, Ciri almost died fighting a monster. She is inexperienced, and her skills are lacking. Even if the monster was a water monster.

Let's not forget that in the short story about Geralt's and Yennefer's wedding, even if it is not cannon, Ciri almost died fighting a monster. She is inexperienced, and her skills are lacking. Even if the monster was a water monster.[/SPOILER]

I think that might have changed though.

Because Ciri now uses a silver sword, as indicated by the cosplay guide.
I'm sure that she has a reason to use such weapon.

And who knows what she has been doing these past years ?

@Nars - wonderful post !

Besides, Ciri didn't know how to create and use igni. :p

Oh, she can use either Igni or something more powerful than that.
One of the ladies of the woods mentioned Ciri burned her and ran away.
In the presentation however it was explained to the audience that she burned her with magic.

So yeah... it's either a sign or a fire spell.

Last edited:
I think that might have changed though.

Because Ciri now uses a silver sword, as indicated by the cosplay guide.
I'm sure that she has a reason to use such weapon.

And who knows what she has been doing these past years ?

@Nars - wonderful post !

That's true. :)

I guess we'll have to wait and see CDPR's version of the character. I can't say I'm very fond of complete changes, but I may actually like their version just as much.

That's all we can do really. Wait and see. :p

And one thing that I forget to mention in regard of Ciri's fencing skills. Sapkowski in Saga had one motive that indicates, that this particular character is very, very good fencer. It was one vs many. Geralt's most memorable moment was Blaviken, Bonhart had fight with Rats, and Ciri had lake and arena.

And yes, it is very interesting, how Ciri developed through all this years. I mean, she had chance to meet Merlin himself. I'm curious if Reds will refer somehow to her psychic abilities. You know, magic, psionics, fencing. *Cough* Character development. *Cough*

Top Bottom