Post Your Desktop!!

+
Ah, so there was a thread about desktops. I even did a search, I did! Plus this thread's fairly old, and it's hard telling how a given forum views necroposting. No matter.

My initial thought?
View attachment 5587

The image I currently have as my background is actually the fourth in a series of "Magic: the Gathering Hotties" I've been using since '08, and it all started with her :heart:.

Attachments

• 406px-Sinister.jpg
    406px-Sinister.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 62
Your're using DOS? I didn't think there was anyone here with such nostalgia! :troll:

Nope.

Debian GNU/Linux (64-bit). It can do things Win 7/8 can only dream of :)

Granted, I took a picture of a fullscreen terminal for the fun effect. The actual desktop looks more like Gilrond's.

You have an excellent taste in games good sir! By the way, how is Survarium? I haven't seen much of it since it was announced

It is still in closed beta, and only one just the Teamplay (pvp) game mode is avaible. Although evolving patch by patch and it will be good. For now, unplayable for me, because I have terrible ping and I don't know why.

I guess holding off and waiting for it to be finished is the best thing to do.

Well, maybe I can give you a key, but it will be open eventually. In russia already open so... I don't know what's going on with my net connection, but 2 months ago I have no problems at all. Note that, they have servers only in Russia, but when the game will be open beta worldwide there will be European servers for sure, but I don't know for sure the US.

Well, maybe I can give you a key, but it will be open eventually. In russia already open so... I don't know what's going on with my net connection, but 2 months ago I have no problems at all. Note that, they have servers only in Russia, but when the game will be open beta worldwide there will be European servers for sure, but I don't know for sure the US.

Yeah, I think I'll wait until the game is released to the public. At least then they'll have the bugs ironed out and more game modes to play. Thanks anyway! :)

I prefer a clean desktop without all the icon clutter. In KDE one can use a "Dashboard" (Ctrl+F12) where all kind of widgets can be placed to avoid cluttering the main screen (like the icons from "desktop" folder). In such case you also need to set "use separate widget set" for the dashboard and desktop. But I increasingly use the KDE launcher (Alt+F2) simply quickly typing what I need to run. Semantic search (KDE Baloo) picks the launchers pretty well.

Last edited:
So long as it doesn't obstruct the view of my beautiful ladies, I don't really mind my desktop clutter too much.

Top Bottom