Express yourself

+
Been in the forum for a while but never got to do this. Might as well do it now, no?

Firstname in RL : Diego
Birthday : July 1983
Family status : Living with my girlfriend. Hoping for her to become my fiancee soon!
Job / education / school: I studied Chemistry at University, and now work in a pharmaceutical development company.
Dream job: Project leader/supervisor in a chemical development lab (I´m a Chemistry geek, as you can see).
Hobbies: Videogames (duh), reading books. I´m quite of a cinephile as well. Used to play football and paddle, but due to lower back problems I had to stop.
Things you hate in RL: Violence in general, hypocrisy, corruption.
If you were a gardening tool, which one and why: A shovel, as it can be used to find buried treasures!
Who do you wish to meet once in life (RL): Tough one... It´s probably between Paul McCartney and George Lucas.
If you have 1.000.000 Euro/Dollar/your currency, what would you do with it: Buy a nice house and use the rest to travel around the world as much as I can.
Why do you love The Witcher: Because of the world where the story takes place, with its grey morality, its political intrigues and its compelling characters
Favorite character in TW (max 2) : Roche and Philippa.
If you could be a monster in TW, which one and why: A troll, so I can have my own bridge and charge people who want to cross it. What´s there not to like?

Firstname in RL : iain
Birthday : March 1980
Family status : effectively married
job / education / school: computer technican support.
dream job:working with nature. small holder, raising livestock, growing plants, bartering with others.
Hobbies: gaming, reading, music, playing guitar
Things you hate in RL: inconsiderate people, greedy people, pompous people
If you were a gardening tool, which one and why: pruner, so I can be in amongst all the lovely flowers
Who do you wish to meet once in life (RL): J.R.R. Tolkien, J.K. Rowling, Pink Floyd, Madonna, Geralt of Rivia
If you have 1.000.000 Euro/Dollar/your currency, what would you do with it: move to the countryside, and set up a small holding.
Why do you love The Witcher: It is gritty and real. Geralt is not perfect and is as vulnerable as the people he protects. The world has no right and wrong, just choices and consequences.
Favorite character in TW (max 2) : Geralt and Dendelion. This might change as I have started to read the books. I have a liking for Nenneke.
If you could be a monster in TW, which one and why: Dragon. I love Dragons.

Last edited:
Please forgive me, I'm really bored. I need distracting...

• Firstname in RL : My friends know me mostly as Deej
  • Birthday: October 13th
  • Family status : Very happily married. :)
  • job / education / school: I have an office job, it's nice, I like it. Graduated high school, still young enough to be considering college.
  • dream job: Anything involving gaming. I also used to enjoy playing around with html code when I was a kid (long time ago, but...) maybe I'd be good at creating websites or something like that.
  • Hobbies: Gaming (shooters, RPGs, anything interesting), reading (dark/medieval fantasy, horror, comics), drawing, fishing, hiking, camping, being pretty dorky in general.
  • Things you hate in RL: I don't like spending a lot of time thinking about things I hate..
  • If you were a gardening tool, which one and why: I have no earthly clue. :D
  • Who do you wish to meet once in life (RL): There are quite a few metal artists I would love to meet IRL. I've seen Max Cavalera at a concert, didn't really meet him, but close enough. Dave Matrise, Kirk Windstein, Louis Benjamin Falgoust II, Kristoffer "Wrath" Olivius, Jens Kidman, Joe Duplantier, etc, etc... I list vocalists, but the entirety of band members for each group would be cool. I'm sad I haven't been able to attend any events in which the devs from CDPR were present.
  • If you have 1.000.000 Euro/Dollar/your currency, what would you do with it: Hm... Most importantly I think I'd invest in a decent, but modest house, set aside the money to pay for taxes on the house/land for generations to come. Probably plan out a means of being able to live off of it for life and pass some money down, too. Not that I wouldn't work, but just in case. If getting a lot of college education fits into the whole living off of it and passing it down, I would do that, too.
  • Why do you love The Witcher: I've always loved the medieval fantasy genre, and I've always loved the darker, horror genre. The Witcher is an amazing blend. I also like the cultural influences. It's based off of some really good literature. The Witcher has really kept me captivated since I started playing the first one.
  • Favorite character in TW (max 2) : Geralt.... Zoltan Chivay... Dandelion... Yarpen Zigrin... Iorveth... Saskia... I can't just choose two, that's crazy!!
  • If you could be a monster in TW, which one and why: One of the Vodyanoi.

Last edited:
Firstname in RL : Synne (Seu-nah).
Birthday : June.
Family status : I live alone and very, very far away from any family I still have.
Job / education / school: I translate and proofread for a living.
Dream job: Anything pertaining to behavioral neuroscience?
Hobbies: Gaming, music, art.
Things you hate in RL: ...People who chew really loudly. Also, irrational people who loudly voice their incredibly uneducated opinions in places where masses of people are easily influenced. That's really specific, I know, but damn.
If you were a gardening tool, which one and why: ...A hoe.
Who do you wish to meet once in life (RL): A handful of internet friends I've made over the years, probably.
If you have 1.000.000 Euro/Dollar/your currency, what would you do with it: Pay off any remaining medical bills, buy a small place to live, and then whatever's left over will go in a savings account I won't touch unless it's for something super necessary.
Why do you love The Witcher: Because the world and lore are really fascinating.
Favorite character in TW (max 2) : Philippa.
If you could be a monster in TW, which one and why: A shapeshifting dragon. But really, who wouldn't want to be a shapeshifting dragon?

Last edited:
Birthday : May 1988
Family status : single
job / education / school: computer science student
dream job: project manager in game development
Hobbies: riding my bike, reading, drawing, PC gaming, board/card/pnp/other gaming
Things you hate in RL: being disappointed by people, people expecting me to conform to social pressure and asking me why not or trying to convince me
If you were a gardening tool, which one and why: spade, I just think they have a certain elegance
Who do you wish to meet once in life (RL): Noone famous, I am not into idols or anything.
If you have 1.000.000 Euro/Dollar/your currency, what would you do with it: hm, too little money to start any of the projects that I would like, so I guess get a nice flat and save the rest of the money
Why do you love The Witcher: Complex motives, the dirt and every abomination of the human mind imaginable
Favorite character in TW (max 2) : Marloeve, Siegfried
If you could be a monster in TW, which one and why: Fleder, those guys are awesome

Birthday: August 1989
Family status: Single
Job / education / school: Logistics officer, forklift driver
Dream job: Well, I have this thing in my mind a long time ago. I would like to lead an medieval kind of inn, but this is not all. The ppl would able to play PnP RPGs, do some medieval fightning stuff, and like that.
Hobbies: Gameing; reading books, comics; collecting stuff; airsoft; pnp RPG
Things you hate in RL: ----
If you were a gardening tool, which one and why: Wood cutter axe, because with that the ppl can kill zombies.
Who do you wish to meet once in life (RL): The CDPR team, Mads Mikkelsen, John Haughm
If you have 1.000.000 Euro/Dollar/your currency, what would you do with it: Probably I would save it for later.
Why do you love The Witcher: Because it is so close to real compare to the another fantasy series. Because it is slavic, it have grey characters.
Favorite character in TW (max 2) : Geralt, Jackdaws
If you could be a monster in TW, which one and why: Werewolf, 'case I love wolves.

Edit: Pardon, I have already write to here, my bad.

Firstname in RL : Matthias Smet
Birthday : 14 March. Same day as Einstein btw. This has ofcourse absolutely no meaning, but I like to brag about it. :D
Family status : I'm single and don't see that changing anytime soon.
Job / education / school: Currently studying physics, but I think I'm gonna switch to engineering cause I can contribute more to our society that way and the studies are broader.
Dream job: Doing research in science or technology.
Hobbies: Listening to classical music, reading scientific or philosophical books and ofcourse play games and watch movies.
Things you hate in RL: Ignorant people and a computer that doesn't do what I want it to do.
If you were a gardening tool, which one and why: A watering can, because it is used to care for the plants and give them life.
Who do you wish to meet once in life (RL): They are already dead.
If you have 1.000.000 Euro/Dollar/your currency, what would you do with it: Buy a nice modern eco-friendly house away from the city, and give some to my university for investments and research, and save the rest if there is anything left.
Why do you love The Witcher: It has a great story.
Favourite character in TW (max 2) : Dandelion and Geralt (I know, it's as original as it can be :p)
If you could be a monster in TW, which one and why: A higher vampire. I didn't read the books, but from the information I gathered they are like gods. :p

Last edited:
I can't believe I didn't see this thread earlier, I must be going blind! Anyway here's my details!

Firstname in RL: Alan-John ( I just go by Alan)
Birthday: 25 April 1989
Family Status: Single :(
Job/education/school: currently unemployed
Dream job: I honestly don't know
Hobbies: Gaming, reading millitary history books, hunting, target shooting, watching movies, graphic novels and playing with my cat.
Things you hate in RL: Politicians, political and religious fanatics, journalists, my dad's side of the family (don't ask).
If you were a gardening tool, which one and why: I guess I'd be a watering can. Just help the plants grow to provide sanctuary for people in need of peace
If you had 1.000.000 in your currency, what would you do with it?: Buy upgrades for my parents house to make their lives easier.
Why do you love The Witcher: It's just the setting that does it for me, so familiar, yet so different from other fantasy settings.
Who do you wish to meet once in real life?: Everyone here! No, seriously!
Favourite character in TW (max 2): Zoltan and Geralt of course!
If you could be a monster in TW, which one and why: An intelligent dragon, because they're cool!

Last edited:
I can't remember if mine is on here but things have changed anyway so... :D

Firstname in RL : Abigail (Abi)
Birthday : 30th July 1995
Family status : Nearly single (working on it...)
job / education / school: 2nd year Psychology student at the University of Sussex!
dream job: Psychiatrist (not gonna try though) or gardener, or rich housewife 0:}
Hobbies: Gaming, arty stuff (threading bracelets, watercolour, pencil drawing, making a replica Keyblade atm....)
Things you hate in RL: People who say "Psychology isn't a science." (Well I damn hope you never need drugs or help for mental illnesses then, wouldn't want to be treated with research that's not scientific...)
If you were a gardening tool, which one and why: Probably said this before, but something sharp. To hurt people >.>
Who do you wish to meet once in life (RL): I don't idolise anyone so... no one.
If you have 1.000.000 Euro/Dollar/your currency, what would you do with it: Buy a house, maybe get a doctorate!
Favorite character in TW (max 2) : Triss

Things you hate in RL: People who say "Psychology isn't a science." (Well I damn hope you never need drugs or help for mental illnesses then, wouldn't want to be treated with research that's not scientific...)
Well, tbh they would be right. Psychology on itself is an applied field which uses scientific studies, but from a theoretical perspective it is not a science on itself. It is something like engineering. Engineers apply the science of chemistry and mostly physics to create, but they do not create the science which they use itself.

Except psychologist research is often scientific - published in psychology journals by people who call themselves psychologists, often with psychology degrees and such...how is, for example, a replicable, rigorously tested study into the effect of particular hormones on stress any less a scientific study than the effect of different hormones on a physical disease? The things that qualify something as a science can vary, but this has a basic list;
http://www.realclearscience.com/art...eparates_science_from_non-science_106278.html

Psychology (or at least the aspects that I study the most of) has all of these in its research AND application, but to say that it just applies knowledge is fairly uninformed.

Of course I could have misunderstood what you meant but the normal point people make is as if psycholgists don't do scientific research and DISCOVER new things...which is utter nonsense. Anyway, this is off topic so I shall say no more :)

Last edited:
Let's have a thread about science and philosophy of science. I have a lot to say, including about psychology.

I can't remember if mine is on here but things have changed anyway so... :D

Firstname in RL : Abigail (Abi)
Birthday : 30th July 1995
Family status : Nearly single (working on it...)
job / education / school: 2nd year Psychology student at the University of Sussex!
dream job: Psychiatrist (not gonna try though) or gardener, or rich housewife 0:}
Hobbies: Gaming, arty stuff (threading bracelets, watercolour, pencil drawing, making a replica Keyblade atm....)
If you were a gardening tool, which one and why: Probably said this before, but something sharp. To hurt people >.>
Who do you wish to meet once in life (RL): I don't idolise anyone so... no one.
If you have 1.000.000 Euro/Dollar/your currency, what would you do with it: Buy a house, maybe get a doctorate!
Favorite character in TW (max 2) : Triss

When this thread got resurected and I posted my answer I read through the pages. You already posted there. Have a look it could be interesting how your answers changed. ;)

Let's have a thread about science and philosophy of science. I have a lot to say, including about psychology.

Oh no, I'm going to be utterly destroyed...

@Mataresa : I would look...but I'm lazy so can only apologise for posting twice :p

EDIT: Well I found my old one...looks like I was all about the hot guys and killing people :D Interesting how people change.
Anyway I'm outta here I promise! (though that was on topic ish)

Last edited:
I want to do this too :3

Firstname in RL: Ciri View attachment 6005 ....or something like that.
Birthday: August 1st
Family Status: Single
Job/education/school: Japanese student~*~*~*
Dream job: Ambassador to Japan or an author (of a best selling book)
Hobbies: Besides gaming? Learning languages, reading, writing, running, horse-riding, karate, baking, shopping, dancing...
Things you hate in RL: People that are sexist/homophobic/racist. So basically the same as online.
If you were a gardening tool, which one and why: I don't do gardening so I don't know. The cute fairy statue? It's not a tool but neither am I so...

If you had 1.000.000 in your currency, what would you do with it?: Give enough to my parents so they can retire, and send them on a holiday somewhere nice. I would buy a gaming PC and fuck loads of clothes. I would buy a giant house with giant gardens and some ponies. And I would set up a charity so that I can do more than just donate a lump sum of money but instead continue generating money to help people.

Why do you love The Witcher: Because Geralt is pretty and I'm a shallow bitch I love the books. I think Sapowski's writing is so refreshing and funny, without being cliché and I appreciate his writing a lot in the fantasy genre. I love the games because they're challenging but fun, beautiful to look at, and CDPR are brilliant at turning the characters from the books into fantastic characters in the games.

Who do you wish to meet once in real life?: John Stuart Mill or Florence Nightingale. But if we're talking fictional characters, I can't choose T_T
Favourite character in TW (max 2): Iorveth and Geralt.
If you could be a monster in TW, which one and why: I'd be a Witcher >8D

Attachments

• Cirismile.png
    Cirismile.png
    8.9 KB · Views: 38
Except psychologist research is often scientific - published in psychology journals by people who call themselves psychologists, often with psychology degrees and such...how is, for example, a replicable, rigorously tested study into the effect of particular hormones on stress any less a scientific study than the effect of different hormones on a physical disease? The things that qualify something as a science can vary, but this has a basic list;
http://www.realclearscience.com/art...eparates_science_from_non-science_106278.html

Psychology (or at least the aspects that I study the most of) has all of these in its research AND application, but to say that it just applies knowledge is fairly uninformed.

Of course I could have misunderstood what you meant but the normal point people make is as if psycholgists don't do scientific research and DISCOVER new things...which is utter nonsense. Anyway, this is off topic so I shall say no more :)

You know, you make some good points. I think I might even change my mind about it. Ofcourse it all comes down to how you define science and what you regard as being scientific. Maybe psychology is a science, just not an exact science like physics or chemistry etc.. I'm gonna look into that and do some research.

Last edited:
You know, you make some good points. I think I might even change my mind about it. Ofcourse it all comes down to how you define science and what you regard as being scientific. Maybe psychology is a science, just not an exact science like physics or chemistry etc.. I'm gonna look into that and do some research.

Psychology is definitely a science. Is exactly a science like physics and chemistry. All reasearch in psychology are done with the scientific method. Read something about Wilhelm Wundt (the "father" of experimental psychology) or John Watson. Or Jean Piaget, the founder of "genetic epistemology" which gave a great contribution to the developmental psychology.

Firstname in RL: Guilherme
Birthday: May 3
Family Status: Single
Job/education/school: Graduated in Foreing Relations/ Working with Foreing trade (importing stuff here to Brazil, trying at least lol)
Dream job: CEO at a Defence Company
Hobbies: Gaming, Cooking, Sharpening Knives (to cook :D), reading (fiction, security, history, languages), study our planet and how ti works, getting out with friends, being with my family. That's all
Things you hate in RL: Stupid people, racism, ignorance, black and white conversations
If you were a gardening tool, which one and why: Don't have a clue :/

If you had 1.000.000 in your currency, what would you do with it?: Give some to help my parents, pay a good business specialization course to me, maybe in other country. The rest I invest

Why do you love The Witcher: Because it's not a black and white thing. It's very complex, full of motives, narrative and emotions. Everyone have their desire and objectives. There's no right or wrong, only choices and consequences. That's why I like it so much. It reflex the real world in a manner we try hard to hide from ourselves. I started playing The Witcher 1, them played The Witcher 2 and started buying the books. Just finished reading the 4th one (although I pratically know pretty much all the history. I read all the wikia on internet hahaha)

Who do you wish to meet once in real life?: George Martin :D . If you are saying a fictional one, Yarpen from The Witcher.
If you could be a monster in TW, which one and why: A Golden Dragon! Powerful, mythical and even noble creature that can fly, breath fire and change to other forms.

Well here it goes:

Firstname in RL : N/A
Birthday : March 24
Family status : Single

job / education / school: Young animation student at the moment
dream job: One day to be the creative director of my own games

Hobbies: art (contemporary and old masters both), drawing, gaming, history—in specific Mesoamerica, Incas, Japan, Egypt, enjoying good fiction

Things you hate in RL: obnoxious people, irresponsibility, and feeling like being pigeonholed into doing the same thing as everyone else
If you were a gardening tool, which one and why: Uhh…water sprinkler. Never gardened before.

Who do you wish to meet once in life (RL): Erin Pizzey

If you have 1.000.000 Euro/Dollar/your currency, what would you do with it: Go abroad and get a good education at a good school and then live in an eco-friendly house—whether that living in a furnished cave, a hobbit home, or a boathouse.

Why do you love The Witcher: Everything except its UI. The character designs, the characters themselves and the writing, the small hub world kind of exploration and yet how everything seems so local and like a community. *gush*

Favorite character in TW (max 2) : Can’t pick just two. Phillipa, Letho, Iorveth and Roche.

If you could be a monster in TW, which one and why: Noonwraith. Quite fits on how I see myself, a gloomy looking person with a positive outlook on life.

Last edited:
Top Bottom