Penalties For QUitting

+
Penalties For QUitting

There needs to be some penalty for players who drop out mid-game. It's bad (sad) enough that there is rarely more than 2 or 3 people in the public lobby, but in my last 4(!) games, everyone but myself quite after the first or second turn. And it wasn't a matter of them being dropped due to a bug - they all took the time to type "bye bye" first.

Makes me not even want to bother.

The "bye bye" actually seems to be an automatic message as far as I can tell, but yeah, this leaving is happening to me, too.

Actually, if you think about it there is no interaction between players in the game (each player goes for their own quest and cannot influence other players), so playing alone is practically the same than playing with people... the only difference is the "pressure" of finishing your quests faster than other players, which isn't very relevant in my opinion,
plus, this is a beta with no competitive focus at all, so I don't see the point in inserting penalties.

PS. Yeah, the "bye bye" is generated automatically whenever a player leaves the game.

well in my case i had a blackout in my area so i left the game without really wanting to leave.

in any case, the bye bye thing is annoying.

perhaps, some sort of reward for finishing the game.

I lean in favor of this, but only in the full release. I have noticed that some people will quit the game as soon as they see their dice roll. I guess they think their number is too low and don't want to get stuck picking last, out of fear that their favorite (Yarpen/Geralt) will be taken away from them. It is very annoying, and I can see this trend continuing on into the full release if something isn't done about it. Something small like you can't queue for 5-10 minutes and then +5 for each time they quit out that isn't due to a bug or connection issue. Not sure what can be done in the beta though.

I think it would be a good idea to have as a penalty of some amounts of VPs for each quitter. Those amounts will be shared to those who keep playing this game.

As for the quitting in beta, it's indeed logical due of the bugs and glitches that you may encounter. The only solution to fix the bugs and glitches is to quit by yoursellf. The bugs and glitches do NOT affect everyone in the game. Only an individual person in each game.

The other thing for them to quit during the starting roll dice is due of the small player quantity. Sometimes, they do want to have the game as 4-played, and/or by themselves alone with another person of their friend list.

During the beta there will be no penalties - we will think about some fix after the game is released and stable :)

There needs to be some penalty for players who drop out mid-game. It's bad (sad) enough that there is rarely more than 2 or 3 people in the public lobby, but in my last 4(!) games, everyone but myself quite after the first or second turn. And it wasn't a matter of them being dropped due to a bug - they all took the time to type "bye bye" first. Makes me not even want to bother.

No. What a poor idea.

There is no logic to putting a penalty in for this. Other than catering to our/your mood.

Further, adding that penalty will result in everyone else ""not even want to bother"" - then we actually will be all alone in the lobby waiting for ppl who aren't coming because a ridiculous penalty is such a turn off.

Insight and patience are needed when beta-testing, and again when playing turn based multi-player games.

PS: the "bye bye" is automated - they didn't take any time; so some/all of those may have been 'technical' in nature...
--

Top Bottom