Our Community Fan Translations

+
Well, I think so, I never heard about it before, but since I'm spending some time in Poland I see it everywhere, so I guess it has to be the newest. But how much it is related to the "main saga" then, I wonder?

Season of Storms is indeed the newest book about the Witcher by Andrjez Sapkowski. It is a standalone book, that does not mess with facts that happened in the Saga or the short stories.

Also, Sezon Burz takes place before the events of the books in the Saga. Around the same time of the short stories told in the Last Wish.

Season of Storms is indeed the newest book about the Witcher by Andrjez Sapkowski. It is a standalone book, that does not mess with facts that happened in the Saga or the short stories.

Also, Sezon Burz takes place before the events of the books in the Saga. Around the same time of the short stories told in the Last Wish.

Thanks. So maybe I'll buy it to all the other books happening to hide in my backpack ;)

Nope, the correct order would be:

The Last Wish
The Sword Of Destiny
Blood Of Elves
Time Of Contempt
Baptism Of Fire
Tower Of The Swallow
Lady Of The Lake

The books not available here have an official English translation that you can buy.

Last edited:
Is there an editable version of Tower of the Swallows anywhere?

I'm finding it distracting with all the grammatical errors and misspellings, and can tidy it up a bit.

Is there an editable version of Tower of the Swallows anywhere?

I'm finding it distracting with all the grammatical errors and misspellings, and can tidy it up a bit.

im surprised someone hasnt done that already. I just finished and sadly i must admit it was at least on every other page something had a spelling or a grammar error. And now im starting with the final book, which already on the 3rd page has something as obvious as "buy" instead of "by".

Thanks, I'm currently working on the (copy & pasted) text in InDesign. (Nearly at the end of my first read-through

I'm not sure whether to re-set the document as a PDF directly from there, or to repeat the edits directly into the PDF...

I've tidied up formatting, spelling and pagination.
Not too sure about output as Mobi/Epub and the requirements there, as I was doing typesetting with print and PDF as targets. Would welcome input about the requirements of e-book readers to give a good result, but I can figure out 'something' easily enough, and tweak if required from the INDD.

Done a first pass over both "Tower of the Swallows" and "Lady of The Lake".

I've caught most of the spelling errors, and homonym replacements, but I'll go over the texts again before uploading.
I have to re-instate the 'thought' formatting in the latter as well, but this is done already for Tor Zirafael.

Re-reading should be a lot smoother without the jarring effect of mis-steps. Overall the translations are helpful though, and a much easier place to start from than any foreign language edition.

I can't guarantee that I haven't inadvertently changed meanings in subtle and unintentional ways, but I have tried to not change anything if the original is readable, and to just tidy up clumsy idiom where possible, and to replace obviously misplaced words.

I have re-flowed the text for myself, as I prefer paragraph rather than line formatting, and need to go over Lady of the Lake to ensure that I haven't broken any formatting present in the original document.

I expect to upload my modified versions before the weekend as PDF versions.

@Lieste
About "Lady of the Lake":
Song of Free Company in original Polish version is remaking of song of Bar Confederation.
Altrough lyrics by Sapkowski are pretty-well compatible with original sound, English translation is definitely not.

Polish lyric by Sapkowski:
Żadne nas berło ni tron nie pozyszczy
Nigdy z królami nie będziem w aliansach
My u dukata, co jak słońce błyszczy
Na ordynansach!

Niczym są dla nas waszych przysiąg roty
Sztandarów waszych ni rąk nie całujem
My dukatowi, co jak słońce złoty
Wierność ślubujem!

Śloz nie wyleją kochanki ni żony
Gdy ziemię przyjdzie nam obłapić krwawą
Bo my za dukat, jak słońce czerwony
W bój idziem żwawo!

English incorrect version:
No sceptre nor throne do we serve,
No alliances with kings,
We serve the coin, like the golden sun,
At its order, we swiftly obey!

We do not take your oaths,
We bow to no flag nor kiss hands,
We serve the coin, which shines like the sun
Our oath we give eternal.

We do not mourn wives or lovers
When bleeding on the earth
Because the coin, shines like the sun
For this we fight…

Lyrics from translation is completly uncompatible with original sound of song of Bar Confederation:

When I get to it I'll see what I can do, but I will probably leave it more or less as-is... unless you have a specific lyrical structure you want to propose.

I don't have a poetic ear, so am not over-confident in my ability to retain meaning while conforming to rhythm and tone.

It's taking a bit longer to proof read ~ so I'll probably only get the Tower of the Swallow uploaded this weekend, and add Lady of the Lake early next. There were some malformed styles, so I'm checking these are ok, before returning to grammar and spelling.

FIRST OF ALL you guys are awesome. Seriously. I just tonight finished the last translation and wanted to thank you and everyone who has worked so hard on them! Both my husband and I really appreciate having had the ability to read this series :D

:cheers: :victory:

Quick question - I've looked far and wide, but even google fails me - is there anywhere a translation of Droga, z której się nie wraca? It seems to be the only thing I haven't found, and after finishing Something More (yes, I went out of order, sorry >.<), I really want to know more about Visenna. Just curious!

Thanks again!! <3 <3 <3

guys but season of storms is start 's for new saga or not ?
From what I have understood, it comes before Blood of Elves regarding the timeline, but I don't really know where between the short novels.
I can't wait for it to be translated...

Also, I don't know how I could have missed it, so a huge thank you for 'Something Ends, Something Begins' to its translator and cassandra31eee (as I assume this short story will not be edited...).

Last edited:
guys but season of storms is start 's for new saga or not ?

From what I have understood, it comes before Blood of Elves regarding the timeline, but I don't really know where between the short novels.
I can't wait for it to be translated...

Also, I don't know how I could have missed it, so a huge thank you for 'Something Ends, Something Begins' to its translator and cassandra31eee (as I assume this short story will not be edited...).

OK!

So, there are short stories of the book "Last Wish". Chronologically, the stories there, are the first ones. The last two stories, chronologically, are called "the Witcher" and "the Voice of Reason", the former being the story about the Striga, and the latter being the framing story of the book.

Here is a sort of a diagram, that shows the chronological order.

1. "A Road of No Return", which is a story about Geralt's parents.
  2. "The Last Wish" short stories, except "The Witcher" and "The Voice of Reason".
  3. "Season of Storms"
  4. "The Witcher" short story, from "The Last Wish" short story collection.
  5. "The Voice of Reason" short story, from "The Last Wish" short story collection.
  6. "The Sword of Destiny" short stories.
  7. "Blood of Elves"
  8. "Time of Contempt"
  9. "Baptism of Fire"
  10. "Tower of Swallows"
  11. "The Lady of the Lake"
  12. "Something ends, Something begins", which is a non canon story.

Hope this helps. :)

Top Bottom