Low Fps on very good system, problem with Witcher/System, help find please :D

+
Low Fps on very good system, problem with Witcher/System, help find please :D

OS: Vista 32bit SP1Processor: AMD Phenom 9600 2.30ghzRam: 3 gigs DDR2Video: Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTXWhat I know:This game, from the very start cutscene to the battle ahead, get's 15-30 fps. No matter the settings I try, even lower resolutions, textures, etc, do not seem to impact it but by about 5-10 fps. Which tells me something is defiantly wrong.Things I have tested include various other games with no problems. (F.E.A.R., Condemned, Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2 Episodes 1+2, Neverwinter Nights 2 (expansion also),) All get very very good framerates, even NWN2, which runs on the Aurora engine also (although I know both games it is heavily modified.) Also, I have tried a huge number of different video drivers, including the newest beta from nvidia and even Third party ones, like Omega. All of which were installed and uninstalled correctly with no changes to my frames per second. I have all updates from Microsoft, including SP1. I have my game patched to the newest.So something in The Witcher, and my system, is hampering my FPS. I have no freaking clue what it is. But I paid 50 dollars for this game, and would like to be able to play it seeing as how I far surpass even the Recommended System Specs.I would attach a copy of my dxdiag, but it says upload folder is full, contact an admin o_O

Ok well scratch NWN2 from the list. Seems once I got outside I have the same problem. 20 fps and settings doesn't seems to effect it. So it must be something to do with the engine used for these games and my system.

If you can't even name what components are in it, what makes you think it's halfway good enough? Just because it's still fairly new? Nope. That doesn't count. http://www.thewitcher.com/community/en/game/system_requirements.html The Witcher Minimum requirements:Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2, Vista (Operating System must be up to date with the latest fixes)Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 +28001 GB RAM for Microsoft Windows XP / 1536 MB for Microsoft Windows Vista128 MB Video RAM or greater with DirectX9 Vertex Shader/ Pixel Shader 2.0 support (NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or ATI Radeon 9800 or better)8.5 GB available hard drive spaceDirectX 9.0c compliant soundcard, plus speakers or headphonesDVD-RomRecommended requirements:Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2, Vista (Operating System must be up to date with the latest fixes)Intel Core 2 Duo 2.13 GHz or AMD X2 5600+2 GB RAMNVIDIA GeForce 7900 GTX or ATI Radeon X1950 PRO8.5 GB available hard drive spaceDirectX 9.0c compliant soundcard, plus speakers or headphonesDVD-Rom

TheKiwi said:
If you can't even name what components are in it, what makes you think it's halfway good enough? Just because it's still fairly new? Nope. That doesn't count. http://www.thewitcher.com/community/en/game/system_requirements.html The Witcher Minimum requirements:Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2, Vista (Operating System must be up to date with the latest fixes)Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 +28001 GB RAM for Microsoft Windows XP / 1536 MB for Microsoft Windows Vista128 MB Video RAM or greater with DirectX9 Vertex Shader/ Pixel Shader 2.0 support (NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or ATI Radeon 9800 or better)8.5 GB available hard drive spaceDirectX 9.0c compliant soundcard, plus speakers or headphonesDVD-RomRecommended requirements:Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2, Vista (Operating System must be up to date with the latest fixes)Intel Core 2 Duo 2.13 GHz or AMD X2 5600+2 GB RAMNVIDIA GeForce 7900 GTX or ATI Radeon X1950 PRO8.5 GB available hard drive spaceDirectX 9.0c compliant soundcard, plus speakers or headphonesDVD-Rom
I apologize, I had trouble posting my topic because I kept trying to add the DXDIAG as an attachment, and it kept giving me an error, so I guess in retyping my message I forgot to put my computer specs back into the post.OS: Vista 32bit SP1Processor: AMD Phenom 9600 2.30ghzRam: 3 gigs DDR2Video: Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTXThat better?

I'd recommend downloading CCleaner and JKDefrag. Go into safe mode and run CCleaner to clear your clutter, and then registry errors. Run it multiple times until 0 files and 0 errors. Then run JKDefrag.This allows the best results as the minimal amount of services and files are running and locked. Better defrag as well. You can even get a little better results by shutting off your page file prior to restarting in safe mode, running the defrag, and then setting it back up to "4096" as min/max before restart.

Vaernus said:
I'd recommend downloading CCleaner and JKDefrag. Go into safe mode and run CCleaner to clear your clutter, and then registry errors. Run it multiple times until 0 files and 0 errors. Then run JKDefrag.This allows the best results as the minimal amount of services and files are running and locked. Better defrag as well. You can even get a little better results by shutting off your page file prior to restarting in safe mode, running the defrag, and then setting it back up to "4096" as min/max before restart.
I use CCleaner all the time, but I will give what you said a shot.

Top Bottom