The Perfect Yennefer

+
^ its not that similar ..
and also, Yennefer as described by the books is not that beautiful. She ousually use potions and glamours to enhance her beauty.

Last edited:
and also, Yennefer as described by the books is not that beautiful. She ousually use potions and glamours to enhance her beauty.

Also in the books, Triss is never showing her cleavage because of scar. Yet in games we see her breasts and no scar at all. Yen from E3 trailer is not a super model, but still looks very atractive. I know that this is very subjective matter, this is just my opinion. If CDPR will ruin my waifu this will be end for me. No, just kidding. Triss is my waifu. I prefer redheads. Now Im afraid what they will do with Triss. If they ruin her also, Im out.

Attachments

• Im fed up with this world.jpg
    Im fed up with this world.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 110

Wrong universe... ;)

It's true that sorceresses use magic to enhance their looks. But because of that magic they ARE beautiful, Yennefer included. It's an illusion but a good one.

I have ONE question for CDPR: why do all your main characters for Witcher 3 look more or less like American or Western European people now (e.g. Geralt and Yennefer)? Witcher is a Polish and therefore SLAVIC fantasy (you should actually know that best) and the characters should have a Slavic look. Please, don't sacrifice the lore and origins of the series for a pointless "we need to sell the game to those Americans" marketing strategy... :(

Last edited:
I have a counter-request. Please, CDPR, don't listen to demands for characters to look like any individual's idea of what they should be. Especially not demands that they have some stereotypical "Slavic look". As to the latter, any American should know that there are millions of descendants of Slavic immigrants in the US today, and the only way you can tell them apart from any other American is that they sometimes have surnames the rest of us can't pronounce. (Well, that, and they celebrate Dyngus Day in Buffalo.)

Last edited:
I trust the developers, till now The Witcher games were beautiful and this last title seems even better. Both Yen and Triss will be beautiful, I like new Geralt's face, I like everything more or less. For sure Yen's outfit (without skirt) is really beautiful. I see a lot of criticism in the forum and it's right, everything is matter of debate, but let's have a little faith. I think Yen from the trailer was great, but form the differences of perspective, lightning etc. could turn out that it's the same model.. and the cosplay one (if not the same) is not bad either.. and btw models are probably definitive, I think that was said by developers a good while ago. :)
Probably in the next months we'll have a better idea about how the characters look

I have a counter-request. Please, CDPR, don't listen to demands for characters to look like any individual's idea of what they should be. Especially not demands that they have some stereotypical "Slavic look". As to the latter, any American should know that there are millions of descendants of Slavic immigrants in the US today, and the only way you can tell them apart from any other American is that they sometimes have surnames the rest of us can't pronounce. (Well, that, and they celebrate Dyngus Day in Buffalo.)
I live in a community with a lot of Slavic descendents here in Germany and I can tell you firsthand that most of them indeed have a certain look/physiognomy in general (of course each person looks different). Of course that applies most to first-generation immigrants. And that's not a stereotype. Or is it stereotypical to ask for a Chinese guy in a Hongkong action game like Sleeping Dogs?

But maybe Amercian was the wrong word. I call them North-Western Europeans instead.

Last edited:
Well, at least the main characters could have a Slavic "touch". And I don't think that the size of the world is a problem here anyway.
I get where you are coming from, but this is also a huge fantasy world, filled with elves, magic, and monsters, even if it work itself came from a Slavic location. Just because an author writes a story in a certain region doesn't mean that's the look he envisioned for his character necessarily. If he or CDPR based on it an alternate, medieval Europe, then there are many different looks you can find throughout the region and no saying how people would look in said alternate world. They've really got complete artistic freedom at that point.

This just dawned on me. I don't think anyone's mentioned her before. But.. what about Emily Blunt? She's definitely got some of that Yennefer spark. For me, it seems that way at least.

I get where you are coming from, but this is also a huge fantasy world, filled with elves, magic, and monsters, even if it work itself came from a Slavic location. Just because an author writes a story in a certain region doesn't mean that's the look he envisioned for his character necessarily. If he or CDPR based on it an alternate, medieval Europe, then there are many different looks you can find throughout the region and no saying how people would look in said alternate world. They've really got complete artistic freedom at that point.
It's just a shame that they make it another "generic" Western game imo. I mean, how many Western RPGs do we already have with Western looking characters. It's a very sad decision to make Witcher another one of them for whatever reason. And while you're right that it's a fantasy world the lore includes a lot of Slavic mythology and fairy tales so it's not that far fetched to think that Sapkowski actually thought of characters with a Slavic "touch" at least...

This just dawned on me. I don't think anyone's mentioned her before. But.. what about Emily Blunt? She's definitely got some of that Yennefer spark. For me, it seems that way at least.

Ahem, no. Really no imo. She's completely different to how I've imagined Yen.

And while you're right that it's a fantasy world the lore includes a lot of Slavic mythology and fairy tales so it's not that far fetched to think that Sapkowski actually thought of characters with a Slavic "touch" at least...

Yep, right, that's probably why he came up with such a diverse world with so many references to different cultures, nations and lands. With places like Nilfgaard and Zerrikania for example. Slavic like hell if you ask me.

And I'm curious, what exactly defines this "Slavic touch" that you are referring to?

Yep, right, that's probably why he came up with such a diverse world with so many references to different cultures, nations and lands. With places like Nilfgaard and Zerrikania for example. Slavic like hell if you ask me.
And that's the reason every main character has to look like Western Europeans?

And I'm curious, what exactly defines this "Slavic touch" that you are referring to?
Hard to describe. It's a certain nuance in facial physiognomy. You know it when you see it.

Most slavs have a slightly different, more defined bone structure (jaw, cheekbones).
I find it very pretty ~*

The high, prominent zygomatic arch (cheekbones) is the defining characteristic most would agree on. This gives striking facial shapes from:

Square-jawed (Karl Malden, born Mladen George Sekulovich)

to heart-shaped (Kim Novak, with Pyewacket)

... of a generic-looking woman? With respect, the pictures above look like those of every other caucasian.

Anyway, this is really headed in a direction that:

1) Has nothing to do with the topic of the thread;
2) Can lead to... weird places.

So, let's go back to discussing Yennefer in particular, shall we?

Top Bottom