What and who would you be in NC?

+
What and who would you be in NC?

If almost every (if not all) roles do happen to be in CP77 what role would you be? How would you personally survive in Night City? What kind of person would you be? I'm personally going to play as a intelligent, athletic, Nomadic, Anti-Hero who does some questionable things for all the right reasons.

My Nomad will be the sort who tries to do good and just things as a way to save himself (as well as to make amends for past crimes) because he doesn't like how many things in the future turned out all the way from the over-secularization to cybernetic implants that turns you into a killer (if you went to far with them). Intrinsically he's motivated by justice, chivalry (even though its near-death, if not dead in 2077), equality and quasi-anachronism (his ideology is a complex one that will be a mixer of ancient traditions and more modern conformity from a variety of different cultures).

And because of all of this he has utter contempt for very advanced technology (such as cybernetic implants, which he deems as being only for "the weak and disadvantaged") , so he'll mostly fight with melee and a simple firearm.

Also, he'd be the sort to give you a fair deal if your loyal, just, ethical and "good" (though he will likely harm or even kill you if you were very evil, similar to the Punisher and Judge Dredd). Even his clothes will look as simple as possible (I plan on making him look like a futuristic Assassin from the AC Series, just to fit the theme). For the most part he'll travel on foot, though he will ride a chopper-style vehicle to get to a location as soon as possible (if the current situation demanded it).

And that's about it really, how about yours?

http://www.plastikarmy.com/gear/images/thumbnails/3/450/600/mens-jacket-hoodie_nomad_6.jpg

Last edited:
I'd adopt a stealthy playstyle if possible. A shady hacker with some light weapons training. Highly calculated, never getting involved if the risk is too high.

Forum veteran
A bluegrass-playing rockerboy who galvanizes his fans into unspeakably violent acts through subliminal messages hidden in folksy songs about birds.

Like I said, I'd probably try a Media first, and he'd probably be like the character concept I have for a media in CP 2020 right now, if possible. This guy I'm making for the tabletop game is kinda a sensationalist reporter. He constantly tries to tie anything that's going on with secret organizations, conspiracies, and of course, theories about aliens. In public and whenever cameras are on him, he tries to act convincing and play up these elements like he believes them, but in private he's just as much a skeptic as everyone else, he just uses this angle to cut himself a neat little untouched slice of the news market, and of course, he prepares himself with a fair share of weapons and protective equipment as well as his A/V stuff because 1. it's Night City, who wouldn't be armed to the teeth, 2. He's trying to get the stories nobody else has the balls to get about sacrifices to dark gods, ghosts, and alien abduction cover-ups, so the government would obviously be 'after him'.

A Marid Auran kind of character.

Someone who relies on agility, originality and cleverness as much as possible rather then hard stats or inhuman reflexes.
If possible, without any cyber.

it would be a character to troll people online via cleverness.

Same way that I play every character.

Last edited:
Solo.

Shoot first, shoot often, and ask questions if it crosses my mind to do so. If. =p

Mostly kidding. Also, wouldn't this discussion fit into the existing thread over here?

Like I said, I'd probably try a Media first, and he'd probably be like the character concept I have for a media in CP 2020 right now, if possible. This guy I'm making for the tabletop game is kinda a sensationalist reporter. He constantly tries to tie anything that's going on with secret organizations, conspiracies, and of course, theories about aliens. In public and whenever cameras are on him, he tries to act convincing and play up these elements like he believes them, but in private he's just as much a skeptic as everyone else, he just uses this angle to cut himself a neat little untouched slice of the news market, and of course, he prepares himself with a fair share of weapons and protective equipment as well as his A/V stuff because 1. it's Night City, who wouldn't be armed to the teeth, 2. He's trying to get the stories nobody else has the balls to get about sacrifices to dark gods, ghosts, and alien abduction cover-ups, so the government would obviously be 'after him'.
So, the CP77 version of Alex Jones and Bill O'Reilly? That'd be hilariously awesome!

I'd adopt a stealthy playstyle if possible. A shady hacker with some light weapons training. Highly calculated, never getting involved if the risk is too high.

Your character sounds like a cross between Sam Fisher from the Splinter Cell Series, that fixer Lenny Nero from Strange Days and of course Johnny Mnemonic from the film of the same name.. If you truly are like all three in CP77 then I truly pity all who'd stand in your way. :lol:

Your character sounds like a cross between Sam Fisher from the Splinter Cell Series, that fixer Lenny Nero from Strange Days and of course Johnny Mnemonic from the film of the same name.. If you truly are like all three in CP77 then I truly pity all who'd stand in your way. :lol:

I got all those references and I'm proud of it. But yes, that's definitely a nice way of putting it. :)

Solo.

Shoot first, shoot often, and ask questions if it crosses my mind to do so. If. =p

Mostly kidding. Also, wouldn't this discussion fit into the existing thread over here?

That thread I figured was mostly for people simply saying what role they'd simply play as, not how they'd be within the world of CP77 (I made this, so that any and all can explain what drives them, guides them and keeps them within their respected roles). And thanks for your concern.

I'd be the most boring, tanky do-gooder in all of Night City.

Can't fault you there, its a pretty original, simple theme to have some sort of Hero in the overall story that tries to make everything right (especially in a very dark, corrupted society). You to me would be more on par with Peter from Equilibrium and that Detective from iRobot. Thanks for commenting.

Last edited:
A Marid Auran kind of character.

Someone who relies on agility, originality and cleverness as much as possible rather then hard stats or inhuman reflexes.
If possible, without any cyber.

it would be a character to troll people online via cleverness.

Same way that I play every character.

You oddly said the same thing about "trolling" on the What Weapons Do You Want To See Thread.. Your just a Anarchistic-Ruffian (like the early Mongol Tribes and the Huns cause in the end you have no true or complex ideology for all your actions, your just in it for the thrills).

Can't fault you there, its a pretty original, simple theme to have some sort of Hero in the overall story that tries to make everything right (especially in a very dark, corrupted society). You to me would be more on par with Peter from Equilibrium and that Detective from iRobot. Thanks for commenting.

Can't say it's an original theme, but it is simple. Then again, I'm a fairly simple man and I like simple things. Anyway, I do hope Cyberpunk 2077 pushes me into making choices I don't want to make, like TW games did. While I generally go for the things that seem 'good' to me, I always get annoyed when those actually do end up being the 'right' choices, producing the 'right' outcome with no real repercussions for the player. If I act like a person that always tries to save everyone, I want the game to slap me in the face and show me that it's not always possible to do that - that society is, after all, "very dark, corrupted".

I'll start two careers right from the start when I get my hands on the game. One as a Corporate, DEFINATELY. The other one as a Solo, probably. A cool lonesome warrior(ess), capricious, a force to be reckoned with, never chosing one side or the other; but both. But I'll definately play a corporate. Someone who is determined to look down on people and is kind of an asshole, the heart at the right place, fashionable, influencial, but able to be a cruel deceiver and backstabber. I love shades of grey like that.

OF COURSE I'm not talking about the stuff some women call books.

That thread I figured was mostly for people simply saying what role they'd simply play as, not how they'd be within the world of CP77 (I made this, so that any and all can explain what drives them, guides them and keeps them within their respected roles). And thanks for your concern.
Hm.

That *does* bring up an interesting discussion: CRPGs versus PnP, tabletop RPGs.

In a CRPG, it's hard to really get across the flavor of the character. I mean, yes; within the constraints of the game, you can dress your 'toon and make them look however you want, but how you react, and *why* you react that way, is kind of hard to translate into a CRPG.

Solo.

Yeah, I'm fine with separate threads. This thread is a more in-depth examination of play-style and why, as opposed to Role and why.

Partly because I feel Solos and Nomads are likely to get painted with one Role colour and partly because your Role is really only a starting point for your character.

Cyberpunk lets you play a badass Fixer as well as a mild-mannered Solo.

Hm.

That *does* bring up an interesting discussion: CRPGs versus PnP, tabletop RPGs.

In a CRPG, it's hard to really get across the flavor of the character. I mean, yes; within the constraints of the game, you can dress your 'toon and make them look however you want, but how you react, and *why* you react that way, is kind of hard to translate into a CRPG.

This very issue is part of why I dead headed out of Divinity Original Sin, and went to play New Vegas. One is much easier to develop a full personality with - one is much more...binary.

Can't say it's an original theme, but it is simple. Then again, I'm a fairly simple man and I like simple things. Anyway, I do hope Cyberpunk 2077 pushes me into making choices I don't want to make, like TW games did. While I generally go for the things that seem 'good' to me, I always get annoyed when those actually do end up being the 'right' choices, producing the 'right' outcome with no real repercussions for the player. If I act like a person that always tries to save everyone, I want the game to slap me in the face and show me that it's not always possible to do that - that society is, after all, "very dark, corrupted".

Same here, I wish for us to be stuck with many conflicting choices that'd make us truly question what we're fighting for and what would be the more "reasonable" choice to us. I honestly hope we have many like that, like how on TW2 we kept bumping into that one racist douche and just when we had a chance to kill him he burns up a tower filled with three damsel elves (which left us with two horribly conflicting choices: Save the Elves or pursue the evil prick.. I hated that one so much).

So yes, that would be sweet if they could throw in choices similar to that one. And lastly, of course its original cause stories of "knights in shining armor" has been around ever since the epic poems and stories of the olden days (you'd be in denial saying otherwise).

Last edited:
Top Bottom