Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

+
You do know that there has always been such a project since they released the mod tools for Morrowind, and it has never actually reached a release state before the next TES came out, causing a restart each time and perpetual development hell? I know because I was always into their grand vision myself. Pure Disappointment.

Yeah, it really broke my heart. Skyrim is the perfect base game for such a project.

If this fails who else do you think could make a LOTR game?

Honestly I don't know. I fear it's an IP too big for real greatness in gaming now. It's primarily about the revenue, milking the golden cow, don't you think?

The licence holders won't let a dreamer dream, and there'll never be another Tolkien, mores the pity.

Does Warner hold the license for anything LOTR-related? Couldn´t some developer make a game set during The Silmarillion without them having any say in it, for example? There are so many things to take from there...

Yeah, it really broke my heart. Skyrim is the perfect base game for such a project.

If this fails who else do you think could make a LOTR game?

Yeah, I have waited for the MERP since Oblivion, but it is failed.

Well, this is hard stuff, because if you creating something new in LotR universe is 1, boring; 2, lore breaking. This world is too closed to be a good base for a unique game, especially that the story is already ended, the main villian is dead and so on. Idoubt that we will get a Skyrim-ish rpg ever. The White Cuncil failed a years ago.

I was gonna buy the game, but now I'm hesitant after watching this crap. I just don't get the point of live action trailer, especially the ones with low production values. The could release a trailer made with the in-game engine instead.

This game wouldn't be for me either way, but I could maybe respect it, if it wouldn't take the Tolkien universe and make some lore breaking crap out of it. And I thought they were supposed to be protective of that legacy...

I waited so long for an RPG game in LOTR setting, but only thing we get is hack 'n' slash Assassin's Creed: Shadow of Hodor. Great.
I think I might try it out, but this "live action" right now is just concelebrated them with disrepute.

Funnily enough after seeing the gameplay from...MediaCows(?) for the first time I actually liked what I saw and do want to try it. The combat is more like Batman than AC(IMO) because you still seem to be in control of your strikes as opposed to the last two AC games where it's just lengthy animations with very little(if any) control.

An AC-ish Batman mechanics LOTR isn't all that bad actually, especially if you've tried any of the other LOTR games that have released to this day >_>

I enjoyed the live action trailer well enough and would have been tempted to pick this up at launch were it not for the season pass announcement. As is - in the event I ever get around to checking this out - I'll wait for a sale. Pity.

Top Bottom