Can't go any further...

+
Can't go any further...

Hi can anyone help me, i have the latest patch, my problem is the game keeps on crashing, that i can tolerate i just restart the game untill it crashes again...However i have reached the part where i am killing the drowners for Haron, once i have and return to his cabin i go to enter his house and the game crashes everytime and i can't go any further. I'm just beginning to really enjoy this game if someone could take the time to help it would be very much appreciated :) ! This is some info of my pc;Operating System: Windows Vista™ Ultimate (6.0, Build 6000) (6000.vista_ldr.071023-1545) Language: English (Regional Setting: English)System Manufacturer: Dell Inc. System Model: Dell DXP061 BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 2.5.1 Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz Memory: 3070MB RAM Page File: 1290MB used, 5029MB available Windows Dir: C:\Windows DirectX Version: DirectX 10DX Setup Parameters: Not found DxDiag Version: 6.00.6000.16386 32bit Unicode Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT Manufacturer: NVIDIA Chip type: GeForce 8600 GT DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0402&SUBSYS_050510DE&REV_A1 Display Memory: 1008 MB Dedicated Memory: 241 MB Shared Memory: 766 MB Current Mode: 1600 x 1000 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Then the problem is maybe related to your harddrive. Run chkdsk and defrag on your c:\ and delete older savegames you don't need anymore (you'll find them in 'my files').

Well to defrag you can either download a program that does it for you, or you can go to (If you have XP) Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools and you'll see Disk Cleanup aswell as Disk Defragmenter.

At least in XP you can right-click your C: drive and in properties/extras you'll find both. Dunno about Vista.

Top Bottom