Batman: Arkham Knight

+
I don't mean the skin, I mean the usage. I just wanted a Batman game where the city is 'normal' as in full of pedestrians whereas in Arkham there's always a convenient reason they don't exist.

I just wanted it for travelling around in a cool manner :p not blowing things up as part of regular gameplay.

I don't mean the skin, I mean the usage. I just wanted a Batman game where the city is 'normal' as in full of pedestrians whereas in Arkham there's always a convenient reason they don't exist.

I just wanted it for travelling around in a cool manner :p not blowing things up as part of regular gameplay.

I hear what your saying, that'll be amazing, but at least when the tanks are gone you will have a little bit more freedom. Problem Rocksteady have is that they couldn't have a fully realized Gotham as there would be players that would just be plowing down civs, and that REALLY wouldn't work. Give it a few years and we might get that, problem we have then is that this is the last Arkham game from Rocksteady, so unless WB really clean up their act from Origins then who knows?

Also if anyone wants a decent comic book to read that has similar traits to AK, such as the isolated, island war zone, then check out "No Man's Land". Great story, also if you like audiobooks, graphic audio do a great retelling with all the sound effects, great cast.

[video=youtube;ryuY-9rGk_I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryuY-9rGk_I[/video]

Last edited:
I hear you, its kind of an Arkham design for each game, the long ears are very reminiscent of Tim Sale's "The Long Halloween" arc back in 96, great design, but when you think of how many times Bats would be in an air vent, I can see them getting in the way.

I myself was never a fan of the Nolan series, having been a comic guy before the movies, but I can see the appeal, I just couldn't take Bale as Batman, great actor, no question. But after so long you have an unobtainable idea of who should play him. Anyway.

I think the upgraded suit in Arkham has been designed to incorporate the new batmobile, with the ability to be jettisoned at high speed. Plus I think if war has broken out in Gotham then heavier armour must be a no-brainer.

The armour from Asylum was awesome, hope there is an alt-costume option...... wait, of course there will be. How else would they make a Season Pass, there isn't any multiplayer :p

There have been confirmations that the Batmobile will have different skins. So you never know, there might be an animated series version. Lets hope. Not sure how they would incorporate the battle mode. Off the top of my head, I could guess that there may bee different versions that are select-able from the Batcave,

Yeah it would be weird in the vents with those long ears. lol

I loved the Nolan movies, as it took the whole Dark Knight legend more... realistic. I know lots of comic book fans didn't like it, as it was totally different in some terms about the characters. Like Bane, since in The Dark Knight Rises, he's not a super-soldier, with Venom in his blood, and he was member of the league of shadows. But I just loved him in that movie. Same goes for Joker in The Dark Knight. He was a very creepy character there. No info-s about him, no name, or anything. I think Bale did a great job as Batman.. and I'm not keen on seeing Ben Affleck as Batman.. at all.. but maybe I'll be surprised. Anyone would be certainly better than George Clooney :p

Yeah, that's what I thought too. War is going on in Gotham, plus the armored Arkham Knight running around, so yeah.

I'm sure there will be more costumes. Actually, the Bale Batman suit will be available too... but only for PS4 if I remember it right... darn it..

I would like to see the old Tim Burton-ish Batmobile they did in the very first movie.. That's an eternal favorite :D

I'm not keen on seeing Ben Affleck as Batman.. at all.. but maybe I'll be surprised. Anyone would be certainly better than George Clooney :p

I would like to see the old Tim Burton-ish Batmobile they did in the very first movie.. That's an eternal favorite :D

Yeah Affleck surprised me as well, but to be fair, if you havent already, watch Argo. He wrote, stared and directed that an its fantastic. I think alot of actors get awful roles, one of which was Daredevil, so of course when you see him cast as another hero, its peoples first go-to comparison.

Thats the main reason I sat and watched Argo, to see if he would be any good. He fits Bruce's build for sure, He's just under 6ft 4, broad shoulders, been trained by the guy who trained Gerard Butler for 300! So yeah, he'll look the part, and if his latest films are anything to go by, he should be great for the role. All I'll add to that is if any of you do watch Argo, just imagine the guy as Bruce Wayne... with a beard!

Also there was uproar when Heath Ledger was announced as the Joker, then he nailed it. Plus the comic con footage was AMAZING!

Back to Arkham, have a gander at these screens :)

You can see in this picture that the batmoile's rubber bullets can target goons if you park in battle mode near a brawl!

I wonder if there will be any improvements made to the remote batarang? Maybe a sticky camera?

Bats can now use gadgets mid air, so you can throw a smoke bomb or grapnel a sucker before landing!

Battle mode, rain, midnight, awesome! Over the top, but still awesome!

I hope there will be some new gameplay real soon on youtube :D
It is already one, but leaked so not even close to the HD quallity, I regreted to watch it. If you want, I can link it here, but I still recommend you to wait for the official release thoose gameplays.

I really dislike that Batmobile, I've always wanted the Batmobile to roam the city like a badass, y'know like in The Animated Series. This... uhh not what I had in mind, suffice to say I'll be avoiding car 'gameplay' as much as possible since all it seems to be is destroying stuff or races, not what I'm looking for

Well, I am pretty much betweem you and @majin_streater, which means I do like the new batmobile, but I better like the Arkham Asylum one.

I like the new armour though, I allways liked better, when Batman wears an armour, which looks like that. I don't like tha fact that they changed the music composer once again, Christopher Drake was awesome.

*ahem ahem* as stated before I don't dislike what the vehicle looks like, but the vehicular gameplay is what I dislike.

Its probably a long shot, but I hope there are several different styles, but like I mentioned earlier, if they don't work with the new battle mode, I doubt we'll see any of them.

But hey we have until next June, so lets dream for a bit.

My personal fav was from the 2010 comic "The Return"

My second pic would be from "The Resurrection of Ra's al Ghul" 2008. Very similar to the Animated Series.

And third would have to be from "Batman Child of Dreams" 2000

Last edited:
My only complaint about vehicle is that it looks way too "tanky". It's the same complaint i had when i saw Tumbler in Nolan's movies. I just think it's a bit too much for a character like Batman that he would drive a tank through the city.

I wish it would look more like Tim Burton's version of Batmobile, but im just being nitpicky.
View attachment 6116

Attachments

• batmobile-tim-burton-movie.jpg
    batmobile-tim-burton-movie.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 731
Last edited:
Not a fan of the alien levels of tech they've given him or the bat tank gameplay. It'll be fun to play, but like Sid said, it's just not Batman. I thought Batman 1989 and Batman Begins demonstrated his tech capabilities perfectly. They were mostly ninja inspired gadgets and traversal methods.

My only complaint about vehicle is that it looks way too "tanky". It's the same complaint i had when i saw Tumbler in Nolan's movies. I just think it's a bit too much for a character like Batman that he would drive a tank through the city.

I wish it would look more like Tim Burton's version of Batmobile, but im just being nitpicky.
View attachment 6116

Its a great design, I imagine Rocksteady will have some sort of nod to the previous batmobiles, we'll have to wait and see.

Since Batman Begins, there has been a move towards the more military-esque vehicles, in all the movies. I think the closest we've had in recent years to the Burton era was the car from Arkham Asylum.

Although the car from DCU Online is a bit of a looker :)

It is already one, but leaked so not even close to the HD quallity, I regreted to watch it. If you want, I can link it here, but I still recommend you to wait for the official release thoose gameplays.

Yeah I saw the post about it, didn't watch it thought. I will rather wait for an official release, I need to enjoy that in 1080p, like u said :D

Yeah I saw the post about it, didn't watch it thought. I will rather wait for an official release, I need to enjoy that in 1080p, like u said :D

This is the best quality I can get so far, 1080, 30fps.

http://www.gamersyde.com/hqstream_b..._batmobile_battle_mode_gameplay-32291_en.html

Jason Fabok has a great eye for detail, he is also responsible for alot of the Detective comics art in the New 52 arcs.

This is great news, as the Arkham City comic (although great) had mixed artwork, if you see the range of Fabok's work below, it'll make this new line of comics a real treat for the eyes.

Last edited:
Not sure about what's going on with the combat. Is that really how it looks in action? Looks very automated with weird camera angles and with a heavy use of "bullet time" vs previous games. Don't like it.

Looks kind of cool actually, very much like AA and AC except perhaps more cinematic. About combat, it looks like edited sequences and what we see must be mostly finishing moves, which also were flashy and at dramatic camera angles in the previous games. I don't think we saw full fights, this is all heavily cut and edited (if it is actual in-game footage).

Any news about DRM and forms of distribution? I know a Linux version is too far fetched but if only it came out without Steam or DRM. One can only dream...

Top Bottom