Game Journalism - Unfit for purpose?

+

Game Journalism - Unfit for purpose?

• Total voters
^ So sad when common sense needs to be highlighted and applauded.

I got the impression the guy was fired because of the phone calls, not anything in his Twitter feed.

White knight Burch rides to the rescue!....right over a cliff. Lol. Oh man, these idiots just make it easy. And attacking Kain, one of the nicest writers in the biz. Wow. I hope Erik razes their asses in a few articles.

http://www.viralglobalnews.com/tech...ian-video-games-journalism-time-change/17327/

kain and total biscuit are the people who are minding their own business and simply don't understand how bad this really is. well now they do. hopefully they stop pretending to be neutral and take a side.

Great timing lady. I'm sure gamergate has nothing to do with this nonsensical question/accusation.

:facepalm:

:LOL: Thanks for this. You can tell he just wanted to hold her shoulder, shake her and say "Shut up! You stupid! Why you so stupid, stupid?" lol. Shut down.

@slimgrin : It's because for him the serious problem is finding people that they want. I.e. skilled engineers. She obviously doesn't get that and assumes that all he thinks about is gender gap ;) If she wants to help, she can refer good candidates to him instead of asking such questions.

kain and total biscuit are the people who are minding their own business and simply don't understand how bad this really is. well now they do. hopefully they stop pretending to be neutral and take a side.

I don't think they're being neutral, they're trying to be reasonable. Being reasonable human beings is a position. The whole "you're either with us or against us" BS is why this mess has happened in the first place.

Google's "community manager" (whatever the hell that is) says on the GamerGate tag that she wouldn't hire anyone who wasn't an SJW.

Well that explains a few things, like why they've been trying to fuck up YouTube. I'm glad I got out of San Jose when I did. The place is being drowned in a cloud of smug. And here is a woman clearly in love with the smell.

https://twitter.com/JDawgMadden/status/513844828682350592

Last edited:
Google's "community manager" (whatever the hell that is) says on the GamerGate tag that she wouldn't hire anyone who wasn't an SJW.

Well that explains a few things, like why they've been trying to fuck up YouTube. I'm glad I got out of San Jose when I did. The place is being drowned in a cloud of smug. And here is a woman clearly in love with the smell.

https://twitter.com/JDawgMadden/status/513844828682350592

Lol gotta love Southpark.

Wow, quite a backpedal. Since she did indeed admit to illegal bias, that's not surprising. However, you have to give her credit. She was accidentally honest about what is unspoken in a lot of the tech and entertainment industry.

Forum veteran
Casey = a dude. Let us adjust our personal pronouns accordingly. Anyway, it was a stupid comment, but the backlash is a bit... severe. He backpedaled and avoided lashing out, so I'm tempted to let that one go and give him a mulligan rather than obsessing over it. Personally, I think people should be focusing their energy on pursuing things like the Polygon person who hired their brother.

Also, I saw this earlier and it made me feel all warm and fuzzy knowing that not everyone is a raving lunatic. It's a nice respite from the chaos, though it's nonetheless troubling how talented crazy people are at co-opting worthwhile causes and driving them into the ground.

Oh my fucking god that is gold. What a moron!

I wish I had a lucrative job with Google to lose so over such a stupid thing. Because I wouldn't.

I assumed Casey was a woman from a tweeted pic.

You know, I really don't feel like giving anyone a pass, especially someone from a powerful organization who admitted bias in hiring. His website, alpha-build.net, says "We take people who don't like you, and make them like you." LOL

After what happened to the Mozilla CEO it's not that surprising.
It's the new tactic from people who cannot separate work from worker.
X person doesn't agree with my opinion? Better call their employer to get them fired and call their spouse and narrate our drivel.

Damn, Milo is relentless. Remind me to never piss that guy off.

I still can't get over the fact Kuchera asked the Escapist to kill their gamergate thread. Think about that for a second. He literally deems himself fit to be arbiter of what people can discuss on the internet. There's a serious disconnect there, between sane logic and self importance. I think these people really have been isolated and unchallenged up till now hence the irrational tweets and behavior we see.

Top Bottom