Is all buildings enterable?

+
Euh there's also quite a difference of cell based loading and streaming tiles etc. I just don't see a reason to have that many enter-able buildings in the first place but it's already done. It also matters how much of the environment is intractable or just decoration. I don't think XX number of enter-able buildings are all gonna be unique with something useful inside.

You can't go around robbing everyone anymore either so there's no mechanical value to it either, I guess design wise it does further the point of very few invisible walls.

We are all different in our preferences of course to what we like, want and prefer. For me it's a matter of immersion, simple curiousity and finding quests etc. I hate limitations in RPGs and I prefer enterable buildings for the reason I mentioned. I get it that some don't and they prefer only relevant buildings are enterable.

In regards to explaining the immersion point it goes like this for me. If I stand in a sewer in a RPG and suddenly there's a gate or a rock in the way to go further I get this feeling I want to know what is down there beyond the corner. And I will look for anyway way arround it if possible. It's a matter of curiosity I guess.

In some games it is not possible to go further and in others you will get a key to the gate later in the game etc. It's the same things with buildings, houses and the like for me. I have this feeling of exploration and curiousity and then when it's locked or the door is not interactable just destroys the immersion for me when I can see NPCs wonder through it or appear just in front of it.

Or in other cases I see a window or a balcony and I want to get up there and view the city from it. And so on. When we enter Novigrad in the gameplay trailer I see many of these types ofplaces and it just fills me with a sense of wanting to explorer, just like I want to enter a dugeon or a ruin when I see it in the wilderness.

If not all of them then I think it would be safe to assume at least the great majority of them will be.
Glad to hear that ... of course just to satisfy my curiosity about answer on my purely theoretical question :D

BTW: Once I'll find Yennefer, I bet none of them will be enterable ;) ..

BTW: Once I'll find Yennefer, I bet none of them will be enterable ;) ..
Of course not.You can't enter burning ruins now can you?

Edit:
Yennefer="Wait...isn't this the village Zoltan was telling me about?*Frowns* With the milk maid...
?
Geralt="*to himself* Blasted dwarf can't keep his mouth shut.*Speaking Normally*It was one time...I was lonely
...Bah regardless you stay put here until I get back from the river.The villagers were complaining about some Water Hags that are attacking their livestock.I won't be long.
*Geralt walks in the direction of the river while Yennefer storms off towards the village mumbeling to herself*

A couple of hours later...

Geralt=*Rubbing his shoulder* Nasty things those hags.Now to get paid and move on.Hm.....
smoke...?

Geralt=The Wild Hunt!!YENNEFER!!

Familiar voice coming from afar=...WITH THE INKEEPERS DAUGHTER TOO?!?ARRGHHH

Geralt=*Fireball whizzing by*...or not...

Edit 2:We really need some Yen emotes guys.Can't wait for the game to come out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom