Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

+
In the first map yes. In the second no since the objective is to dominate them all on that one.

Better to mind control them, but you only get that ability in the 2nd map.

Doesn't matter if it's easy. It feels good.

:halt:

Noooo, nonononono. Overcoming obstacles feels good. Beating a challenge feels good. Getting pretty animations as a reward for your ability to press a button is just an illusion of a good feeling.

Is there at least a challenge in perfection? Like in Arkham, where winning a fight is not very hard, but doing so in style and truly dominating your enemies is.

:halt:

Noooo, nonononono. Overcoming obstacles feels good. Beating a challenge feels good. Getting pretty animations as a reward for your ability to press a button is just an illusion of a good feeling.

Is there at least a challenge in perfection? Like in Arkham, where winning a fight is not very hard, but doing so in style and truly dominating your enemies is.

It's more or less like Arkham and I don't find the fights to be cakewalks. If you're not careful, you can be ganged up by huge hordes of orcs but later in the game you can mind control them and make them fight each other and the finish off the leftovers.

To be frank. Some fights are a joke while others are tough, very tough.

That said I think the combat system is too repetitive. It just gets boring after a while.

Quite a mixed response here, so I think I'll wait till there's a Steam Sale then pick it up. What about the rest of you?

Not all that interested in it, might get it if there's a very deep discount. Probably just gonna end up watching Jesse's LP and be done with it.

Not very interested in this to be honest. Mostly because from what I've seen it doesn't feel very close to the LOTR lore.

Just don't see the point of this game I guess. Other than having an excuse to slaughter legions of orcs of course. :p

It's a good game but not really worth all the hype. Gets boring after a while. The initial lustre fades unfortunately.

I will wait for sales. I will play it because the Nemesis system interests me (as a foreshadowing of the inevitable sequel's improvements), but not over 20$.

I will wait for sales. I will play it because the Nemesis system interests me (as a foreshadowing of the inevitable sequel's improvements), but not over 20$.

Yeah I'm doing the same. I'll wait until it's over 50% off before I consider buying it. £30 is too much for what you're getting.

Last edited:
It's a good game but not really worth all the hype. Gets boring after a while. The initial lustre fades unfortunately.

That's my impression too (I haven't played just watched & listened to those who have). It feels a lot like those initially exciting but quickly tiring games we see too many of now... digital popcorn.

I'm waiting for 30% retail price I reckon, then we'll see if there's nothing else to do.

So I finally got to play this for a little bit.

Ran around a little bit in the beginning collecting some stuff (couple of artifacts, some plants and killed some spiders) and then I ran into a captain that was fighting this big troll thing (forgot the name). He tried to run but still got rekt by the troll. Then I ran into another captain and fought him. He almost killed me twice. Then another one showed up... and then another one. I fought all 3 at once and killed/KOd them, was a fun fight. Then I ran into a few more and killed/KOd them.

Combat overall is not terribly difficult but more difficult that the Arkham games, I must admit.

Nemesis system is interesting if a bit overhyped but I haven't explored its full potential just yet.

Though Im really on the fence of getting the next Ass Creed game (even at a lower price, next year), I think Im gonna get this. Maybe not a masterìece, but it seems solid. :)

Fun times...
[video=youtube;rmfNQp3f-FI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmfNQp3f-FI[/video]

Last edited:
Got my copy, finished most of it and yeah this is a really great game, probably the 2nd best I played this year (first being MGRR). Definitely love it.

I just got to the second map/area after killing
The Tower of Sauron.

Fun game, but it's easy to get burned out IMO... feels pretty samey so far.

Top Bottom