Concerns about the game's quality

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch Dogs was to my knowlegde downgraded on PC by UBISOFT and fixed by one guy messing with a few files! TotalBiscuit has a video about the issue. Finally UBISOFT is known for rushing games - CD projekt isn't.

Not to mention that Ubisoft has multiple AAA titles in development most of the time. Farcry, Watchdogs, Rainbow Six, etc.

CD Project Red only has one or two in production if I recall correctly.

That said I expect an good product out of the Witcher 3. If not an awesome one :)

Jupiter_on_Mars

I just want to say one last thing: when Marcin announced these screens I told you guys I blamed @Kinley. I told you guys so. Look what fine a mess he got us into! Kinley is the scapebear! Impale the scapebear! Sacrifice Kinley to appease the Gods and things will normalize, I tell ye!

I think I've made my points abundantly clear. Until new info surfaces, I'm done here.

Last edited:
Not really, it's just a couple of people being all doom and gloom. All of this will go away once the next thing comes around.

Meanwhile I'll just sit here and...

What he REALLY means is that he'll sit there and

This thread reminds me of my girlfriend going crazy over gaining a kilogram and all of a sudden feeling fat and ugly. Usually happens while she is on her period. Wonder how many here have theirs too now? ^^
Having said that it´s quite entertaining though, so hope for some more panic posts... ;)

This thread reminds me of my girlfriend going crazy over gaining a kilogram and all of a sudden feeling fat and ugly. Usually happens while she is on her period. Wonder how many here have theirs too now? ^^
Having said that it´s quite entertaining though, so hope for some more panic posts... ;)

These people exist?!

These people exist?!

Girlfriends? Doubt it.

OT: Scepticism's something I value, I myself often question CDPR's moves. But I don't see how a person claiming to be an insider, and talking about PR being PR and the prduction of a AAA title requiring a lot out of the team is something that should be considered unexpected or a cause for extra concern. It's a very ambitious project and as such is very risky, but this 'insider info' says nothing new or shocking - as I said, the guy's first post contains general truths about AAA development, while his second post encourages people to be responsible consumers. Earth-shattering reveals, I know.

God Blacha...after a day and a half of these shenanigans I'm glad the mood has lightened up a bit.

Edit:I want to apologize for the blasphemy.The error has been resolved.

Last edited:
Gaf will always be Gaf.We on the other hand are a reasonable and happy bunch.

Edit: or at least a reasonably happy bunch

When I play games, I usually find that if it is a good game then I will get immersed in the world and won't even notice the graphics. I will be playing on TW3 on console so I am not fussed about the visual quality. So all those Neogaffers can go wallow in their supposed insider leaks and try to cause a fuss but I personally, don't give a damn what they say.
:cheers:.

To be honest. No one should preorder CDPR or not. The whole preorder policy is extremely anti-consumer..If you don´t preorder there are no risks for you also companies would preffer to relase something valuable instead doing this whole "give us money now we will deliver" theatre. Just general opinion. And since I don´t preorder aything I don´t have to be afraid but obviously I hope with my all heart that this guy is either lying, angry with CDPR or just half right because yes, I do have high expectations. Also the way how devs themsleves are so happy about what they do gives me faith. In worst case we will need to wait for EE or big patch.

If CDP releases screens that suddenly look significantly worse (in image quality, not art style or content) than previous ones or videos, they should clarify why that is, whatever the reason. Otherwise people are going to speculate and expect downgrades to be imminent, which can quickly turn into terrible PR.

Also, some "insider" (confirmed by gaf admins) is claiming that the game as advertised by PR doesn't exist and that CDP has been in crunch for a year trying to make it work.
That sounds possibly worrying too, although I give CDP benefit of the doubt since they haven't let me down yet (apart from the BS with xbox collectors edition).

I've been a software developer for over 10 years, and I can tell you that very few people in my company know about the true quality of a given piece of software while it's still under development. Our stuff can look consistently terrible to the testers and many other "insiders" for a very long time because

1- we're always working on and reviewing the terrible aspects
2- most people in the company are only aware of the component they're working on and therefore have no idea what the quality of the whole thing is -- be it high or low

Moral of the story: I wouldn't trust software "insiders". They may believe what they say, and still be wrong.

To be honest. No one should preorder CDPR or not. The whole preorder policy is extremely anti-consumer..If you don´t preorder there are no risks for you also companies would preffer to relase something valuable instead doing this whole "give us money now we will deliver" theatre. Just general opinion. And since I don´t preorder aything I don´t have to be afraid but obviously I hope with my all heart that this guy is either lying, angry with CDPR or just half right because yes, I do have high expectations. Also the way how devs themsleves are so happy about what they do gives me faith. In worst case we will need to wait for EE or big patch.

I preordered the game (both the PC CE and the GOG version, in fact) to show my love for CDPR which they deserved with their previous games. Even if they completely screw up TW3 (extremely unlikely), I still wouldn't think that I made a mistake preordering: this is my token of gratitude to CDPR for things they did in the past, and also for their policies like the anti-DRM policy.

Hmm... I must be the only less forgiving gamer when it comes to graphics lol...
I want this game to look & play super fucking amazing on consoles ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom