Concerns about the game's quality

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
In other threads on this site about similar concerns to the issues raised in this thread other users have mentioned that CDPR have stated that they are aiming at that there should be no real difference graphically between the platforms. In a interview with Jose he says something about along the lines that they are trying to acheive a similar experience across the platforms when the interviewer asks the very question about that the PC is superior to the consoles in terms of graphics.

Then those people just misinterpreted CDPR's words as far as I'm concerned.

Same experience ≠ same graphical fidelity. It's just PR talk so console people don't feel cheated in some way.

Attachments

• bed4a2e4-08d1-45b7-b1ba-7ede939cc343_zps51cda5a1.jpg
    bed4a2e4-08d1-45b7-b1ba-7ede939cc343_zps51cda5a1.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 29
In other threads on this site about similar concerns to the issues raised in this thread other users have mentioned that CDPR have stated that they are aiming at that there should be no real difference graphically between the platforms. In a interview with Jose he says something about along the lines that they are trying to acheive a similar experience across the platforms when the interviewer asks the very question about that the PC is superior to the consoles in terms of graphics.

Yea "similar experience" is what they've been touting since 2013 E3. It's basically just your generic PR statement to not cause trouble.

I don't ever recall them saying anything about there being "no real difference graphically between platforms" ... But I can't remember every article or interview, so perhaps they have said that somewhere. However if you're interpreting the whole 'similar experience' stuff to mean 'no graphical differences' then I think you're reading the PR entirely wrong.

Last edited:
Yea "similar experience" is what they've been touting since 2013 E3. It's basically just your generic PR statement to not cause trouble.

I don't ever recall them saying anything about there being "no real difference graphically between platforms" ... But I can't remember every article or interview, so perhaps they have said that somewhere. However if you're interpreting the whole 'similar experience' stuff to mean 'no graphical differences' then I think you're reading the PR entirely wrong.

Fair enough. I too can't remember every article and interview and I spent the past 30 minutes browsing through some of the many many many interviews I have watched on YOUTUBE and on this site and I cannot find the exact video I am looking for and frankly I don't have the time to browse through them all again.

I will satisfy myself with the fact that it's proberly just PR to hype the consoles versions and not as I fear a platform uniformity issue. :)

Not saying it's impossible, anything is, and as I said before maybe CDPR will run into big issues optimizing the PS4 or something and not be able to push it as high as it can go... But ultimately we just simply don't know, at this point all we can do is wait and hope CDPR have the talent and sense to not do something stupid like parity.

Not saying it's impossible, anything is, and as I said before maybe CDPR will run into big issues optimizing the PS4 or something and not be able to push it as high as it can go... But ultimately we just simply don't know, at this point all we can do is wait and hope CDPR have the talent and sense to not do something stupid like parity.

Maybe they will run into issues, but I just rewatched the interview with Jose from Gamescom 2014 and he seem to be stating that atleast between the PC and the consoles there will be a difference in quite a few areas even when he tries to pack in PR bullocks. :)

It doesn't matter, he didn't address the community directly himself.
I'm sorry that he didn't abid by your standards of how a community manager should do his job.Do you teach?Maybe you can tutor him.

It's obvious that you haven't been around much since if you had you would have seen Marcin "down" here with us every single day and we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.

I call bullshit on this whole "insider" business. Likely he's just some insignificant loser with a grudge or is just trying to get his fifteen minutes.

I guess some explanation is needed. I was contacted by a press representative and answered him as soon as I could. I went over to the Polish forums and posted a clarification post on Monday. I was about to post a similar answer here but links to that article with my comment had already been floating around the thread so I figured it wasn't needed anymore. I'm sorry if some of you felt the lack of direct info from me was wrong - apologies.

I call bullshit on this whole "insider" business. Likely he's just some insignificant loser with a grudge or is just trying to get his fifteen minutes.

I think he was just a troll looking for a bridge to ask for a toll and when the screenshots came out and people started freaking out he most have seen it as the perfect opportunity to have some fun.

@Marcin Momot
I think an apology isn't warranted in this situation.You did your job and the information reached us.That's all that matters IMO.In any case thank you for your clarification!

I think he was just a troll looking for a bridge to ask for a toll and when the screenshots came out and people started freaking out he most have seen it as the perfect opportunity to have some fun.

@Marcin Momot
I think an apology isn't warranted in this situation.You did your job and the information reached us.That's all that matters IMO.In any case thank you for your clarification!

Quoted for Truth.

plus my own personal thanks to Marcin, I feel you have handled this situation more than appropriately, and I know you know if I felt differently I wouldn't bite my tongue in putting forward my opinion. Hopefully we can now draw a line on this minor controversy and continue counting down the days to launch. I just hope people will respond to the release - the only true evidence about all this we will ever really have - with the same level of emotion that an anonymous scaremonger can evoke.

I wish they told us whether those shots were taken on PC or a console. It seems weird to me that they wouldn't use the wolf fur tech in the shot.

Ryanza

Fur tech needs to been seen in action. Movement. So don't look for fur tech in pictures. Maybe the wolf had a bad hair day.

The game is in it's most fluid state.
A while ago a dev was thinking about cloud shadows. something like that would be on and off, on and off

I wonder when CDPR will finally let journalists play the game themselves for the first time. You know, with some freedom to where you go and what you do and actual working gameplay.

Before that moment there will always be concerns about the game's quality. Maybe that's also the problem with the PR and marketing starting years before release nowadays. Would have been a whole lot easier and more trust-building if CDPR hadn't presented the game before it was in a playable (early) state.... :/

I am surprised with all the graphics bickering in this thread.
I thought we all liked role playing games more than graphics.

The 35 min video we saw is more than good enough for me as far as graphics are concerned.
This isn't about what you think is "good enough" or what you like. The devs promised players the moon when it came to graphics, and now people want those promises fulfilled. This isn't about what looks good or not, this is about holding devs accountable for their claims.

Do note that I'm not saying that the game has actually been downgraded, just clarifying what the concerns being raised are about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom