Interviews and Articles Part 2

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any news of CP would immediately blast knowledge of TW...into the FREAKING STRATOSPHERE!

Just saying.

It works both ways, every article would cover Witcher 3 coming out in FEB and Cyberpunk recent news. Some are more excited about Cyberpunk game then Witcher (if not more?) maybe it would convinced those few who don't actually like that type of games to check out Witcher when it comes out. Almost 7 million views on Youtube.. should means something especially since none of the Witcher videos ever gone near that number. Win Win regardless.

Brazilian article from today:

One of the most anticipated games of the "new generation" of consoles, "The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt" will come to Brazil fully dubbed into Portuguese. Neat production, dubbing will feature 81 actors, among them Sergio Moreno, known for lending his voice to stars like Tom Cruise, Orlando Bloom and Denzel Washington.

Sergio is the voice actor responsible for the Brazilian voice of Geralt, the sorcerer monster hunter who stars in the "The Witcher" series. The location of the game has more than 2000 pages of dialogues and texts, 300 hours of speech recordings with more than 900 characters.

According to CD Projekt, the voiceover was done in Brazil, in a studio in Rio de Janeiro where the Brazilian versions of the game "Assassin's Creed" and "Call of Duty" series have been produced.

"The Witcher 3" is one of the grandest locations ever made ​​in Brazil, rivaling "World of Warcraft". It is a heavy and costly effort for CD Projekt Polish producer (as much as the beautiful booth mounted on Brazil Game Show to promote the game), but according to Marcin Iwinski, "is an investment that will pay sales".

"It's like when we decided to launch 'The Witcher' in Polish," recalls co-founder of the studio. "They thought we were crazy, after all Poland is a small market. But the game was very well received there." Worth noting, "The Witcher" is based on a Polish novel of the same name and now, the series is considered cultural heritage in Poland.

For purists

Who prefer to play in English, rest assured. In consoles PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, the game will come with the option of audio in Breton language. In the PC, all languages ​​for which "Wild Hunt" was located will be available (you can play with audio in Polish and Portuguese subtitles, for example).

"The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt" comes out on February 24, 2015 for PC, Xbox and PS4 One.

http://jogos.uol.com.br/ultimas-not...ra-dublador-de-tom-cruise-e-orlando-bloom.htm

Holly shit,is this all really necessary ? I dont know how much money CDPR spent on this but to me it seems like a waste of resources could be spent on something more important.Just my humble opinion .

Only 81 VA's? (Or maybe they're using less for the Brazilian version.)

I guess that's more than Skyrim, so at the very least it won't be as repetitive as Skyrim's fucking guards VA. Still, I would have honestly expected more, hopefully there's not too much repetition in regards to VA's. Nothing would be more frustrating then talking to some guy in Novigrad and then popping over to Skellige and another dude obviously being the same VA.

Holly shit,is this all really necessary ? I dont know how much money CDPR spent on this but to me it seems like a waste of resources could be spent on something more important.Just my humble opinion .

Maybe people who speak Portuguese will appreciate it? If there's enough of a market there and they think it's valuable enough then why not? It's not like that money could somehow go into development, game is close to launch and you can't just throw money at a project and magically make it better, actually very often that can make it worse.
Otherwise it would just go into marketing, which I'm sure they've already set aside whatever they think is appropriate for marketing, and this is sort of a form of marketing anyway.

Last edited:

Brazil is growing and big market. So this expense is not without reason. Companies like Blizzard, Ubisoft, Riot Games and others have their games in Brazilian Portuguese. After USA, Brazil is the biggest in South America

Only 81 VA's? (Or maybe they're using less for the Brazilian version.)

I guess that's more than Skyrim, so at the very least it won't be as repetitive as Skyrim's fucking guards VA. Still, I would have honestly expected more, hopefully there's not too much repetition in regards to VA's. Nothing would be more frustrating then talking to some guy in Novigrad and then popping over to Skellige and another dude obviously being the same VA.

I expect it don't become repetitive as well. I'm eager to see some dubbed video. Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 are amazing examples of English games being dubbed in Brazilian Portuguese, but they are not RPGs. But I trust CD RED

Maybe people who speak Portuguese will appreciate it? If there's enough of a market there and they think it's valuable enough then why not? It's not like that money could somehow go into development, game is close to launch and you can't just throw money at a project and magically make it better, actually very often that can make it worse.
Otherwise it would just go into marketing, which I'm sure they've already set aside whatever they think is appropriate for marketing, and this is sort of a form of marketing anyway.
I agree with you, and not because I'm Brazilian. Brazil is a big market and is in expansion. It makes sense to port the game to the Country language

I got some free time this Friday and I will be able to go to Brasilian Game Show! So, in similar way to @Kinley trend, post your quesntions and doubts about the game. I will pick the most voted ones and will bring to the devs present at the fair tomorrow.

I am very sorry for the short anounce. I was not going until some minutes ago (life as a importer/foreing trader is troublesome lol).

Post the questions at the tread I created

"Follow the trail..." will it lead to a trailER?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom