Insta death on insane?!

+
Insta death on insane?!

I keep getting insta killed on insane. Its happened after I've spoken to Iorveth and its happened as I'm about to fight Letho for the first time, I get to where I'm supposed to fight him and I just die for no reason?! happened like 5 times now and its really annoying.

If you talk back to Iorveth you can die even on pussy-cat level. One of many entertaining reminders that you are mortal and alone.

Which scene, exactly, are you at?

The clearing where you fight the Arachas then talk to Iorveth? If so, Lieste's right, be nice to Iorveth, because those are his archers, and you are a sitting duck.

The elven garden, where you meet and talk to Letho? This should be safe. Dying here would be a bug. If you're dying here, the first thing I would want to know is, Are you running any mods at all?

The elven baths, where you fight Letho? If so, don't let Letho get in the first blow. He can one-hit you back to Avallach. Casting Aard immediately upon getting control will keep him off you and let you get the first blow.

I died before letho even moved, just as the screen was loading.

I am running some mods, like dark mode items on any difficulty and some mods that give geralt a little bit of health (maybe cheating but I'd rather not die in 2 hits from a nekker)

I died before letho even moved, just as the screen was loading.

I am running some mods, like dark mode items on any difficulty and some mods that give geralt a little bit of health (maybe cheating but I'd rather not die in 2 hits from a nekker)

I have to start by suspecting the mods: remove them, no matter how desirable you believe they are. This is not a bug in any standard version of the game, and there is no way the forum volunteers can support gamers who encounter breakage due to mods.

You getting killed for talking back when you really shouldn't is intentional... you have like a a buttload of archers taking aim at you, acting cheeky is the last thing you want.

As for the insta-deaths It's because of the mods... the issue comes from setting the health regen to too high values compared to the base health values. Why are you playing in insane and cheating, doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of higher difficulty levels?

Top Bottom