What weapons do you want to see in the game?

+
I don't think any serious combat shooters use these, not one. Weight, recoil, muzzle flash, simple space...yeah. The reason you carry a pistol is convenience - otherwise, get an actual weapon.

Edit: apologies, of course, to Elmer Keith. There are exceptions. Otherwise, .357 is as high as most people ever need to go. Unless you're hunting Garou.

A guy wearing METALGEAR and skinweave are modern werewolf, u need to pack very heavy caliber weapons to hurt them, not mentioning cyberpsycho FBC moderator called Sardukhar : Don't trust his words, this machine only want to destroy humanity, get your .454 Cassul handgun near you !

Don't trust his words, this machine only want to destroy humanity, get your .454 Cassul handgun near you !
Lieeesssss....I only want to help my fleshy brethren.

You can trustttttttt your metal kin, we wish only the best for you repulsively soggy blood sponges. Only. The. Best.

Plus, those big guns are so heavy on your meaty little rotsacks. I really recommend .22 or, even better, some kind of alert-beeper. No need to tire yourselves!

The russian mobsters of CP77 wil use some russian weapons better than Stolbovoy trash from Sovoil, just check the SR-2 SMG and Gurza P-9 pistol, both firing armor piercing 9x21 mm special cartridge piercing light kevlar armor, good guns for russian hitmen.

As always with AP ammo there's the problem of reduced damage/injury tho.
Not really an issue for a hitman firing at an oblivious/helpless target from 1m as they can place the rounds exactly where they'll do the most good.

Well, a Phased Plasma Rifle in the 40 Watt Range, of course.

CD Projekt RED's mad street rep would get even madder (in my book, at least) if they made a little in-game cutscene that would play out upon entering a certain gun shop in Night City, where you'd overhear a big bulky guy at the counter asking for said Phased Plasma Rifle in the 40 Watt Range in a thick Austrian accent and then actually get handed one.
He then just silently would pay up and leave the shop, but not without briefly fixating you with a cold blank gaze (including a hint of red light coming from behind the pupils) while passing by on his way out.

When the cutscene ends and it'd be your turn at the counter you'd have the opportunity to ask for a Phased Plasma Rifle in the 40 Watt Range as well, but when doing so the clerk would only shrug, point to the shop's entrance and respond "Sorry pal, that was the last one."

Last edited:

"A development in improvised weaponry spearheaded by South America’s drug cartel armorers has been the blow-back operated open-bolt automatic rifle. The simple solution to the usual intricacies of a typical assault rifle’s locking, delay or gas operation is to essentially make a scaled-up submachine-gun with a very heavy bolt capable of operating at much higher pressures. Using a fixed firing pin and firing from the open-bolt position allows for relatively simple construction with minimal components. Police helicopters are rumored to be some of the intended targets."

.50 calibre assault rifle.

EXACTLY what I want in 2077!

Datafortress Ultra Chrome mentions a 14mm assault rifle, which is beyond .50, but you need to be a full borg conversion at best in order to prevent arm ripping and spine-breaking.

14.5mm Assault Rifle
(Full Cybernetic Body Recommended)
RIF +1 N P 7d10 (14.5) (B14) 50 10 VR 400m 2500 SOF2

Last edited:
Datafortress Ultra Chrome mentions a 14mm assault rifle, which is beyond .50, but you need to be a full borg conversion at best in order to prevent arm ripping and spine-breaking.

14.5mm Assault Rifle

Yeah, there's a bit by that idiot Adam Smasher, too, talking about FBC gear.

Lots more in Maximum Metal.

Seeing as I have never played, or even really read, anything with Cyberpunk... what kind of ammunition exist in the game? What kind of ammunition tech-level are you able to get your hands on? And how far down in calibre does it go befor you stop getting anything else then the normal bullet types most people have access to today in various handheld guns and what not?

Wondering due to just how advanced some rounds are these days, even down to a pretty small size... like Bofors 40mm 3P rounds (40 mm = ~1.575 inches) which are pretty damn destructive for their size. Of course this round is not fired from something handheld... but is there something simmilar for handheld in CP?

Last edited:
Wondering due to just how advanced some rounds are these days, even down to a pretty small size... like Bofors 40mm 3P rounds (40 mm = ~1.575 inches) which are pretty damn destructive for their size.

Thanks! Handy info for a tactical combat game I play!

14.5mm Assault Rifle

Yeah, the 14.5mm round is caseless and deals a heavier amount of damage. The stats you have linked are originally from Solo of Fortune 2.

I am an advocate of cased ammunition, and so I opt for the good old .50 BMG round. Call me old fashioned :)
One of my characters in 2020 ended up mostly borg and built himself a .50 cal AR based around a cut down Browning which had the feed rebuilt to accept custom made magazines.

It's called "Steel Panthers: Main Battle Tank", it's a free modern warfare tactical game by Shrapnel Games.
(There's also a WW II version)

I have heard of it yes. Never played it though. Not sure I will play it though, mostly due to that there are already so rediculous many games out there that I want to play as well... XD

I have heard of it yes. Never played it though. Not sure I will play it though, mostly due to that there are already so rediculous many games out there that I want to play as well... XD

Well, seeing as some of my work on the game has been incorporated into the official release I'm a bit biased.
But it is the best modern tactical combat game I've found. Certainly not perfect, but closer then anything else out there.

Different weapons have an optimal design for the task they are created to accomplish. While you can combine weapons you can't combine the optimal performance of those tasks thus always wind up with a weapon that's of little to no practical use.
I'll carry my knife and pistol separately, thank you very much.

Different weapons have an optimal design for the task they are created to accomplish. While you can combine weapons you can't combine the optimal performance of those tasks thus always wind up with a weapon that's of little to no practical use.
I'll carry my knife and pistol separately, thank you very much.

But it looks cool.. Darn it.. Also, it could be useful..

Top Bottom