Game Journalism - Unfit for purpose?

+

Game Journalism - Unfit for purpose?

• Total voters
Sigh, one of these days, I'm going to have to invite you moderators to a PM or something to debate this.

I'm sorry that people are getting "uncomfortable" or whatever, but the truth is the truth. Anyone that pays attention to American media can see that. Anyway, conversation's done on Fox, so there's no need for someone to bring it up again.

Last edited:
Satire, been around for thousands of years, still easily missed.

Lol, not all of the comments seemed satirical. Most of them did though, while a few seemed to actually take it seriously. Which is the point.

Anyway, yea it's easy to miss because there really are people that talk like this. So I'm not embarrassed.

For those of you still on the MSNBC coverage:

Last edited:
Last edited:
Don't see why, i've never threatened anybody and am not in the same country. If i'm villified for the act (sorry threat) of a total stranger, then I just shrug and denounce the accuser as a numpty fuckwit.

Edit: Then again that's one of the main issues of gamergate for me, millions of innocents being labelled and condemned by the SJF's, a clear signal of how they judge humanity as a whole. When you do it over race it's racism, over sex it's bigotry, we need a new term when it's done because of the actions of strangers. Numptyism?

Last edited:
True but they don't shy away from blanket statements (and neither does GG sometimes to be fair) and ignorant people will generally accept these things as facts.

Oh yeah, aided by their fellow media chums, but real facts will out and in the end the consumer and his or her money always win. Big business knows this.

This is going to further add fuel to the fire. And she's on the edge of becoming a martyr.

Well I can't say I really care if a woman decided to be stupid about what people say online.

No, I don't have sympathy for Anita, Zoe or Briana because as someone who has personally received death threats, besides the entire bile that is the YT comments section, I think allowing death threats to get to you in Real Life that you leave your home is stupid.

I also think it's disguising to use death threats as a means of silencing criticism.

Jesus... When I saw that Intel took away their ads from the Gamasutra site, I felt a little justice could be achieved by gamergate. But as the vitriol and threats it's all that is beeing surfaced (for an obvious reason, Im not naif) I cant think of anything good will come out of this.

Clearly as harrasment is practically the only thing the media is covering related with gamergate, more nutjobs who get off at appearing on the news will pop up. What a wasted oportunity for gamers to recover some power or leverage.

What the gaming media does right now or how they appear to the uninformed doesn't really matter, they're going the way of the Dodo, their audience is abandoning them and even all this fuss cannot save their unfit for purpose profession. In a few years they'll be a footnote, part of a great sea of unacknowledged bloggers, still playing the victim but drowned out by the deafening waves of apathy.

Top Bottom