regional pricing for Africa?

+
regional pricing for Africa?

will there be a regional pricing for Africans? I mean Come on , 54 euros is like 1/4 of my monthly salary, why do Russsians have huge discounts on games and we don't? I find that a bit racists knowing that we have around the same salary

@Floki666 - the prices in each region are determined by the distributors. I'm not sure if CDPR has appointed one covering your country or not (there's none for mine). If there isn't a retail distributor then yes, Gog.com is probably the best price, especially if you have one or both of the earlier games, in which case there's a big discount. I definitely wouldn't recommend buying from someone quoting in euros, as Western Europe seems to be the highest price.

I'm not going to lock this yet in case the OP has something else to ask, but would remind everyone of the forum rules.

why do Russsians have huge discounts on games and we don't?
This is because russians have a huge gamer community that can't invest much in games, I mean, lowering the prices -> way more people playing -> more money
That's not the case of Africa, where the gamer population is too small so lowering the price won't cause much effect (and not because of racism)
Well the best chance is to buy and download on gog or wait a steam promotion some time after the game launches, if you can't download e game then you need to wait the prices lower in your country

In South Africa most prices line up with the UK price or more than the UK, you know, shipping and tax costs. Average monthly salaries are not taken into account. I would say that is the racism right there. But I read the racist comment as a joke.

Cheapest PC online retailer price is about 35.29 Euro
Cheapest PS4/Xbox One online retailer price is about 52.96 Euro.
GOG shows me dollars so $53.99 and $47.99 (discounted price). so about 42.31 Euro and 37.61 Euro (discounted price)

I'm not sure where in Africa the guy is from but looking at the price he mentioned I would say it's a console game. For a long time now, around 54 Euros, has been the price for console games. Average monthly salary is a good argument to bring up, could be the reason why you don't find a lot of Africans buying games.

I'm from North Africa BTW , Algeria to be more precise and well that was just bullshit about the racist thing , heck I'm not even black of skin xD anyway back to topic, on steam it's for 54 euros, and on gog same price tag. why not make a region lock for us too just like the russians federation? what's so special about them for getting it for like 20 euros?
in the comments, someone mentioned that because russians have a huge playerbase , well of course they do and thats because of the region pricing, all of the gamers here pirate games because they simply can't afford them, even on consoles, no buddy buys original games, actually it's really rare to find physical orignal games, there's only cracked games in stores and the law doesn't do anything about it, the only way to fix this shit is to put a regional pricing for us too, otherwise it's just wasted money for the publisher...

will there be a regional pricing for Africans? I mean Come on , 54 euros is like 1/4 of my monthly salary, why do Russsians have huge discounts on games and we don't? I find that a bit racists knowing that we have around the same salary

I live in Jordan and I share your pain (even though I am not in Africa) but calling this problem "racist" is just hilarious.

I'm from North Africa BTW , Algeria to be more precise and well that was just bullshit about the racist thing , heck I'm not even black of skin xD anyway back to topic, on steam it's for 54 euros, and on gog same price tag. why not make a region lock for us too just like the russians federation? what's so special about them for getting it for like 20 euros?
in the comments, someone mentioned that because russians have a huge playerbase , well of course they do and thats because of the region pricing, all of the gamers here pirate games because they simply can't afford them, even on consoles, no buddy buys original games, actually it's really rare to find physical orignal games, there's only cracked games in stores and the law doesn't do anything about it, the only way to fix this shit is to put a regional pricing for us too, otherwise it's just wasted money for the publisher...

or you know the law could 'DO" the right thing and prosecute. I want a Bugatti Veyron but, I do not expect a"POOR PEOPLES" pricing . I certainly will not steal one either. So, that leaves me two choices. 1. work harder save for 25 years. 2. Dream the dream but accept reality.

That said, I get it. I know it sucks but that is the hand you are dealt. You can now live with it or do something about it. Move to another country, levy for more wages, or???? or?????? anything except steal/pirate. Morals.......have some.....

I'm from Argentina. Salary, 250 euros. game, 54+35% tax from the communist government. 73 euros. this is for the digital version..... retail? forget it, it would be 100 euros or more.

PD: 80% Africa is black. In the south is the only 6 million white Africans.(Holland and UK descendants).

Last edited:
All right fellas, can you go back to discussing regional pricing for Africa and stop discussing other, unrelated things?

Thank you.

lol. Why did you feel the need to mention what colour your skin is not. I wasn't thinking about a black person and I hope no1 else was. And what does the colour of your skin have to do with the price of apples/The Witcher 3.

Africa = a continent.
Africans = people living in Africa.
Africa and Africans doesn't = black people.

Africa is big and filled with so many different races. So I wonder if your, black of skin, comment was a bit racist.

Here's a pic taken by Fabian Doehla of the audience at the rAge Expo in South Africa.

Those Africans are so black. Just joking.

Not wanting to turn this into a racial debate. Just pointing something out.

54 Euros does seems a bit high for the digital version of The Witcher 3. What is the retail pricing in Algeria?

And don't jump off the bridge with your buddies. Don't pirate The Witcher 3. Buy it. Save up if need be. Sell a kidney maybe.

lolol i did mention in one of the replies that I was just joking, any way, that's the thing about living here in Algeria, we don't have any retails and I know for a fact that it's the same shit in Lebanon as well , Libya etc... as well , the only choice we have is digital games, and the pricing is so bullshit for our incomes, average income here is around 200 euros but since we don't have any exchange bureaus, the only way to get euros and dollars is from black market which which is 60% for expensive, so you could say that our average wage is around 120 euros, and the average price of a tripple game is 55 euros, here goes half of your income, now tell me how are u gonna save your money in order to get to play what you want, please tell me more how piracy is a bad thing...

Piracy is a bad thing because the people who did all the work, particularly the good companies that pour their heart & soul into their games, treat their customers with respect and trust - for instance by not adding crippling DRM - deserve to be paid for their work, and its how the system works if those customers want more good games & increased levels of respect from the industry as a whole.

I feel for people on such low wages, its shocking how many of us are treated by business, I realise getting these funds together can be extremely difficult, but just because your bosses abuse you doesn't give you the automatic right to abuse others.

Top Bottom