Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
Lol, Bioware is watching us:

I have ghostery and adblocker up. How the hell did I get an advertisement pop up for dragon age here? Lol.

That's it??? Well, I'm not gonna judge, I'm a guy so I have no idea if he's hot or not and I don't care :p. The personality of a character is far more important than being "hot" to me. They can even be ugly if they are ugly in an interesting way.

Here's an easy way to tell if another fellow dude is hot. 1. If God came down and said "Bitch, I'm bored. I'm making you look like this." How pissed would you be? And 2. If your wife or girlfriend was flirting with him, how threatened would you be?

Lol, but I don't find it hard to tell who is and isn't good looking as men. Of course my idea of that is sometimes different. Like Dorian. Even if every last woman on this earth agreed he was hot, I would never want to look like him, ever. But just like there's women who people think are hot, and I don't and never will, the same is true for men.

As for why Cullen is so popular, a friend of mine that loves him tried to explain it to me, and I still don't understand it. He was nothing special before DA: I.

Keep in mind that NoScript blocks all scripts globally. This will screw with some websites. But you can cherry pick what to block and what not to, it's a matter of learning what is actually necessary for a website to function and what is just crap. Example: on this page I have: cdprojektred.com, witcher.com and ajax.googleapis.com enabled but I have google-analytics.com blocked.

I don't want to drive the thread off topic so if you have any questions send me a PM.

No worries, I figured out that much :) I do appreciate it though.
@Princess_Ciri, if you ask me, Dragon Age 2 is a good game and at least on the first run, you will have fun with it. DLC especially. I got my money's worth, despite the issues I have with it that bugged the hell out of me.

I've never tried the DA2 DLC...are they worth it?

Depends. The ones I can remember are the Grey warden one, worth it, and the various clothing pack ones. I really didn't like the options for the original games as far as armor went, so that I didn't mind getting, especially since not much else was out at the time. I really liked the new armor pieces given, but I don't know if I can ever recommend micro charges like that in good conscience. If that makes sense. I still feel dirty for buying it.

One of the main reasons I regret DA2 not being a success is because it is the only game that comes to my mind where BioWare deviated from their usual formula of Chosen One saving the world. They chose for the premise a much more local story and a character that was in over his head in problems he didn't intentionally seek. I daresay, it's similar to The Witcher games. Unfortunately, it didn't work out. I would've been happy if it had been top quality material and encourage BioWare in their future games to try less epic storylines, with grayer characters.

Well, if they genuinely think that the failure of DA2 (or at least it wasn't as successful as they predicted) was due to that then they don't have a good grasp of what makes a game good. DA2 had a lot of issues, straying away from Bioware's typical narrative structure and story wasn't one of them.

I suppose if you forget the stripped features and content of DA2, the idiotic squeeing characters who are slaves to the protagonist for no reason, the forced idle and unmotivated protagonist, the upper, middle and lower right morality options all leading to the same outcome, the repeated locations, the hideous art design, the clearly inferior combat system focused on flash rather than substance, the lack of reactivity from the gameworld, the dead environment of Kirkwall, the ghost people who you can walk through, the pointless plot, the idiocy of the antagonists, the world having no substance or verisimillitude or even basic cause and effect, the choice of which retarded side to take being utterly pointless, the tired old chase the mcguffin central plot and the total lack of thematic elements present in the writing. Then I suppose you might enjoy DA2.

Personally I still want that sixty or so hours of my fucking life back, i've never experienced such an insultingly moronic game, and I feel dumber for having endured that shit.

Edit: Personal opinion, blah, blah, yaketty, smakkety, refreshing cup of OJ.

Edit 2: Forgot to shit on the vomit inducing romances, honestly these make fucking Twilight or Barbara Cartland look well written, I know they're catering to the people of the BSN but fuck me, painfully cringeworthy. Bathe in bleach time.

Last edited:
Ok well as a straight girl I can tell you he is hot (although why do you as a guy think you can't tell when someone is attractive? I can tell a pretty woman from an ugly one, why can't you do the same?)

I don't know why I can't tell, it's kinda strange. I mean I know that being out of shape and unkept is unattractive but beyond that? I am clueless lol.

@Princess_Ciri there's this mod where you can change Hawke's walking and idle animation into a womans which kinda fits since he can be gay. If you wanna play as gay dude.

just found it randomly lol

@Princess_Ciri there's this mod where you can change Hawke's walking and idle animation into a womans which kinda fits since he can be gay. If you wanna play as gay dude.

just found it randomly lol

Lmao I saw this mod and actually found it insulting how they made female character move/stand like that... although the running animation still isn't as bad as the Inquisition one is. God I hate Bioware for making it look as though women run with leg injuries. Fuck them omg.

Edit: Personal opinion, blah, blah, yaketty, smakkety, refreshing cup of OJ.
Fair enough. I am probably still going to buy it because I'd like to try it out, at least. Then if I hate it, I've only wasted £15 OR gained a useful object to give to someone (I hate) as a Christmas present.

I don't know why I can't tell, it's kinda strange. I mean I know that being out of shape and unkept is unattractive but beyond that? I am clueless lol.
That is a little strange. Even my gay male friends can tell when women look good and when they don't. Same with my lesbian friends when it comes to men. Maybe you are super specially blind when it comes to men? Haha idk

Well, if they genuinely think that the failure of DA2 (or at least it wasn't as successful as they predicted) was due to that then they don't have a good grasp of what makes a game good. DA2 had a lot of issues, straying away from Bioware's typical narrative structure and story wasn't one of them.

You should have seen what they said about why they thought ME 3's ending was bad. They made bs excuses, saying that the audience changed so drastically lately, and such crap like that, lol.

I've never tried the DA2 DLC...are they worth it? Is the story better?
If you like DA2, they're okay. If not, theyr'e not worth enduring the game. The Tallis DLC, in particular, is pretty much a love/hate affair. If you dislike Tallis, it will provide you more reasons.

True. Gotta admit, Cullen's latest incarnation is pretty hot. He wears that armor well.
My hetero female must be broken.

Oh yea I forgot about that one. Felicia day, love that chick. The dlc was fun for me. But I'm not guaranteeing anyone else will think so.

Top Bottom