(Spoilers) The Witcher Trivia Game!

+
Sort of, Kovir didn't participate directly, on paper they were neutral. From what I understood there were several northern kingdoms that didn't take part in the war, Poviss, Kovir and Talgar come to mind.

I think that Kovir, Poviss, Talgar are just regions of one unified kingdom ruled by Esterad Thyssen-one crown, one kingdom...His wife Zuleyka is from Talgar IIRC...

Yeah that is true. Kovir and Poviss are the two main Kingdoms, united under the rule of the Thyssens. Talgar is a region that is somewhat like a Dutchy I think. There are others as well.

However Esterad Thyssen remained neutral only in paper. He helped the Northern Kingdoms to defeat Nilfgaard at Brenna, since he funded the Redanian army, as well as practically sending an entire army of mercenaries released from his prisons.

I'm going to shut up now. :p

Oh Melitele... this is an hard decision.

You three guys gave the right answer... this is an hard decision, however, I could say that @Ljesnjanin has answered first, but it was rather incomplete, @HellKnightX88 answered well too, but he didn't mention it was a unified kingdom, then again Ljesnjanin and @StaGiors both gave a very good answer, and StaGiors even provided an explanation

I would give my point to both...but since Ljesnjanin answered first... so, it's your turn.

A hard one!

There is a place in The Witcher's world, named after a place visited by famous medieval explorer and a Christian saint. You may find this name by looking at the map of Europe. And If you're visiting the place from the map, you'll hear dwarven accent there (EN version).
What's the name of that place in The Witcher's world?

Mount Carbon was a Bavarian brewery... and is the capital of the Mahakam region. Not sure whether it fits any of the other requirements though. :hmm:

No correct ansewer in this thread yet. But someone from the forum solved the riddle, so maybe it's not that hard after all. ;)

EDIT: To clarify - you may hear dwarven accent from the game (EN) while visiting this place in the real world. :)

Last edited:
No correct ansewer in this thread yet. But someone from the forum solved the riddle, so maybe it's not that hard after all. ;)

EDIT: To clarify - you may hear dwarven accent from the game (EN) while visiting this place in the real world. :)

Maribor ?

I thought it was something related to St.Andrew, but he didn't actually visit scotland (I think :p)... And I was going to sleep, but now I really want to figure this one out :p

Ok, I am having a hard time deciding between Scotland or Wales ... :p

Last edited:

Just happened to pop in here on my way out, and i've been avoiding this thread for spoiler purposes, so i'm not sure if you're talking in the games already, or from the books, or what, but this occurs to me from what you said:

Skellige. or Skellig Michael.

View attachment 7071

Attachments

• Skellig_Michael.jpg
    Skellig_Michael.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 42
There is hardly something to explore for a Christian saint in "Maribor" and dwarves are not leprechauns, so "Skellige" is wrong ansewer.
But "Skellige" is close. :)

Last edited:
....and dwarves are not leprechauns

You won't say that after you visit The Burren in County Clare, and chat with the locals ;)

but pheew I'm off the hook, I actually have another idea, but I really don't want to be left in the hotseat... i'd have to read the thread for one :p

And breaking news - I was wrong: no Scottish Accent there, I mean in that place in the real world.
So another hint instead - this place is not part of the European Union.

Top Bottom