Too much spoilers!

+
Too much spoilers!

I dont get this, first one hour gameplay now opening cinematics what next ,side missions gameplay maybe? I'm overwhelmed by endless spoilers ,looks like they going to reveal half of the game before release date.New teasers always can be release for further advertisment but releasing in game material makes no sense.

Releasing the intro movie isn't really a spoiler since it's the same for everyone and not a gameplay choice or consequence. Everyone starts out at the same exact spot: watching the intro, which has no impact on anything gameplay related. Now if they were to show the ending movies then that would be a spoiler, since it would show the consequence of your in-game choices.

Last edited:
Spoilers? Where?

Seriously though, they haven't spoiled anything for me, just a few bits and pieces to wet your appetite.
They only revealed what people were hoping for, Ciri and Yen, they can't keep total information lockdown, it's would be bad for everyone.

Now, if they only show more about the skill system.

I agree that the more they show the less we'll have to discover ourselves, but that's just the way you make the game known to those who are not familiar with witcher franchise. I don't like the fact they reveal monsters, characters, some story details, but i can't blame CDPR for that. I think i'm just gonna stop watching everything they post if it will be too much for me. :)

Really? Minimum interaction on simple difficulty for part of one quest arc... lots interesting to see, but no exploration at all of what is there... I'd rather have seen something more of the difficulty level I'd choose to play with than "super easy" ~ to see how the minimap and senses function without all possible crutches on, but the overall impression was favourable. (Also one hour? ~ that is by reports from the Devs less than 1% of the total, and not a seemingly critical point, but "of significance").

The intro movie is by definition "not spoilery" as it just gives the opening state...

By comparison the formal trailers are spoiler heavy ~ many scenes, monsters, the main protagonists and overall quest purpose...

I dont get this, first one hour gameplay now opening cinematics what next ,side missions gameplay maybe? I'm overwhelmed by endless spoilers ,looks like they going to reveal half of the game before release date.New teasers always can be release for further advertisment but releasing in game material makes no sense.
So go dark and stop watching the stuff? Why is this an issue?

I don't think they spoiled anything.
What have we seen so far?
The trailers mainly focussed on the Wild Hunt and their search for ciri (Vgx, SoD)
The intro shows us Geralt's search for Yennefer and the war between the north and Nilfgaard
The gameplay vid showed us Geralts search for Ciri.
Cd Project Red told us from the beginning that the Witcher 3 will be about Geralts search for his love ones. We know from the ending of Witcher 2, that he want's to find yennefer, Nilfgaard invated the North and the Wild Hunt is the reason why Geralt lost his memory.
None of the released trailers so far showed anything else.

Last edited:
There haven't been many spoilers. What did the opening cinematic show you that you didn't already know? That Yen can transform into a bird? That Vesemir is in the game? It's all old news IMO.

There haven't been many spoilers. What did the opening cinematic show you that you didn't already know? That Yen can transform into a bird? That Vesemir is in the game? It's all old news IMO.

Yen doesn't transform into a bird. You can clearly see her standing there while the bird flies around...

What she can do is use a fetish to summon a magical bird, used as a familiar, and which apparently can be weaponised.

I agree, they could use less spoilers. Marketing much may be? I suspect they feel they need a strong push to attract more public attention. I personally feel they are overdoing it, but may be their expenses are too big and they worry their use base isn't big enough.

Spoiler here is not in introducing some unknown facts, but simply in giving part of the experience before the actual game. It removes the value of experiencing it the first time (inside the game itself).

Last edited:
You have to Demo your game... Was The Witcher 2 "spoiled" in some way because they showed the Introduction to Flotsam sequence during E3? Since Developers rarely do "proper" playable Demos these days, they have to show enough footage and provide enough information so people feel comfortable enough making a purchase. Obviously people could just wait for reviews and/or trusted user impressions, but it's pretty much the typical AAA trend these days to show off your game enough to get as many Day 1 Sales & Pre-Orders as possible.

They're probably showing off more than they ever did with the previous games, at least in terms of Raw Gameplay. However following the style of marketing they're going for, it's necessary, the 35 minute Demo is necessary to show off how The Witcher 3 approaches Storytelling and Cutscenes, which is one of the most important (arguably the most important) parts of The Witcher series.

If you're a fan and know that your pre-order and day 1 purchase is assured without seeing a single piece of footage, then simply don't watch the footage. However even in the Demo we saw, only one dialogue selection was ever taken, and there's a major choice at the end which gives you another option and a path in the quest that isn't spoiled, and the Intro is hardly what would be classified as a Spoiler.

I think everything they've done so far has been perfectly fine. I just hope that future footage focuses on specific aspects of the game (Alchemy, Combat, Mini-Games etc) so they can use little random snippets of footage from the world and not show off another Questline.

Last edited:
I actually wouldn't mind a real playable demo. Most games don't do it these days :) The main benefit of it is not in showing any footage, but in testing how it works on your system before buying the game.

Yea I miss them. I bought Jedi Outcast day 1 back in 2002 because the Demo was so amazing.

Although admittedly playable demos would be pretty difficult for an open world game, like what area do you cut off and allow players to explore? What if someone breaks the game, gets out and starts spoiling stuff or if you make a brand new area just for the sake of the demo it's a lot of work.
At the very least some kind of little Benchmark Test like Thief and Shadow of Mordor had that comes out before release would be cool though, but very rare also.

I think they can simply limit the demo to one relatively small area. Should be doable in theory. So "breaking out" won't really spoil much. The main point of the demo is to measure performance or even simple functionality test (runs / crashes) and so on. If the demo crashes on your system, there is no point in buying the game until it's actually playable. Unfortunately most releases these days don't provide such testing option.

Last edited:
If you don't want to know anything about the game... better not watch the videos that show parts of it, of course.

Let's not call it a spoiler, but for some people including me every bit of information about the heroes, land, monsters before release is unwelcome.

What about more gameplay teasers, showing such long-suffering things like alchemy system, fast travel, map, COMBAT, horse riding...

If you think there's too much spoiler in the stuff that is released, then don't watch them. We all have a choice.
CDPR needs to show off different aspects of the game in order to get as much pre-orders as they can. Newcomers want to see the game before pre-ordering in order to get a feel of the game and make sure that they are pre-ordering something that they're gonna like.

It all comes down to your choice either seeing the PR material or not, but seriously, there was nothing too spoilery about the 35 minute demo that was released or the trailers and the opening that was recently released.

Spoiled half the game before it's released? They showed us 35 minutes of gameplay from a 100 hour game. I think you can survive the 'spoiler' that you saw in the gameplay.

And if you don't want spoilers, don't watch anything of the Witcher. Because apparently everything they show is a spoiler to you. Even if it is just a introduction to the game, that is the same for everyone and will be the first thing you see when you start the game.

Dear CDPR, you are doing absolutely fine. Keep up the good work, in fact, I want need to see more of the game. Pretty please. Rest assured you are in no way, shape or form "ruining my experience".

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom