• Option 1: Sword of Destiny-Version

Votes: 323 52.4%
  • Option 2: Debut-Version

Votes: 68 11.0%
  • Option 3:VGX-Version

Votes: 70 11.4%
  • Option 4:Summer Conference-Version

Votes: 129 20.9%
  • Other (Freel free to post your suggestion)

Votes: 26 4.2%

• Total voters
Fat face.

Fat Face

The two photoshopped pictures on the sides are how the face should be, since Geralt is not a donut eating couch potato.

Edit: I forgot to give credit to one of our friends on the forums who posted this picture.

I don't think he looks fat in any of those but regardless I want to make a point in saying that both of us used images that where taken from the 35 min demo and that depending on the lighting in the scene and the angle he is viewed at he appears differently thin face to you or not. I make some comparisons to the trail video so I could show that the difference is as you say, so slight, but makes a considerable difference. though if you look at the comparisons I have made it is not consistently the case that this slight difference is considerable but varies again depending on the scene. he is just about identical in the comparisons, isn't that what you want? all the images I have used except one where from the 35 min demo.

another thing I want to say is that I personally enjoyed Geralt's model from the witcher one, if I had it my way I would see him in that form still because that is how I favor his appearance, and I think it is the case for many here that they have a particular way they want to see the character realized. that is not our choice though because the games are not our interpretation it is cdpr's and they should not be tailoring their vision to ours. surely as the creators what they think matters, ask them why did they use that face model. anyway we should be supporting cdpr to make their own choices not strangling them. some of the topics on the forum are so critical when one has seen their precious vision of the game damaged, what does that say about us?

Geralt isn't an aged man gaining a bit of weight. He's aged less than a year since Witcher 2. If he's Vesemir's age, I can understand even that witcher metabolism slowing down, but he's not anywhere near Vesemir's age. If anything, his metabolism would be closer to that of a man in his mid-20s than an old man.

He's supposed to look like he fasted, witcher metabolism and all, not like he's been sitting back and eating cakes daily.

He is old regardless. I personally like his model on the Demo, I'm not a fan of skinny Geralt from TW1 and 2. He looks more mature, calm but intimidating and projects a strong personality in it.

He reminds me of this guy from World War Z.

Geralt isn't an aged man gaining a bit of weight. He's aged less than a year since Witcher 2. If he's Vesemir's age, I can understand even that witcher metabolism slowing down, but he's not anywhere near Vesemir's age. If anything, his metabolism would be closer to that of a man in his mid-20s than an old man.

He's supposed to look like he fasted, witcher metabolism and all, not like he's been sitting back and eating cakes daily.

can you show me where or tell me how you know it has been less than a year since the witcher 2?

you make a really good point about comparing him to Vesemir though all the witchers are looking older look at Labert and Eskel

can you show me where or tell me how you know it has been less than a year since the witcher 2?

you make a really good point about comparing him to Vesemir though all the witchers are looking older look at Labert and Eskel
It's either one year or less than a year.

Witcher 2 opening
View attachment 6963

The Trail cinematic (Witcher 3 opening)
View attachment 6964

Attachments

• W2 date.jpg
    W2 date.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 46
  • W3 date.jpg
    W3 date.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
But he is an aged man and gaining a bit of weight is part of getting old.
Don't even fucking start with that shit.
First off, it's been like 6 months since tw2 so don't act like it's been 10 years or something.
Secondly, he's clearly not chubby in all the promo stuff he's depicted in as well as the cgi trailers. It's more likely just a slight oversight how he looks kinda awkward in certain angles.

Except for the CGI that isn't in options, they are all the same face with different lighting or effects, but same meshes and same texture. Only option 4 is a little different.

I would choose 4.... but they are all ok for me.

I bet TW3 is going to look very close to its cgi clips by the time Feb rolls around.
Marcin even said after the most recent screen shots that it will look even better.
;)

cheers and my thanks to shawn_kh too. I get where you come from. I still think Geralt looks good but your right he has gained quite a few wrinkles in only six months and he feels older too.

These 2 pics are perfect, it shows that Geralt really does look the same as TW2 but better and more real looking now because his facs moves normal now.
It also give us the idea that TW3 Geralt model will look about the same as TW2 with a clean shave. If they would have put for head lines that didn't move on Geralt in TW2, it would have looked real stupid. I see the same Geralt from TW2 just more real and alive looking than TW2. It's the lighting and what not, it's like the fat chick holding the camera up high to try and hide the fact that she has a real piggy fat face haha.. I don't see this ever happening in TW3 guys, trust me it's going to be awesome!
;)

i see what the problem is, if you compare cgi face with in game face, he has a bit of an under bite in the in-game version. his teeth is making the part below his lower lips fatter and more prominent. as someone said earlier, he looks a bit like don corleone folding a tangerine slice in his mouth.

most obvious here:

Last edited:
i see what the problem is, if you compare cgi face with in game face, he has a bit of an under bite in the in-game version. his teeth is making the part below his lower lips fatter and more prominent. as someone said earlier, he looks a bit like don corleone folding a tangerine slice in his mouth.

most obvious here:

Also the left face is overall fuller and pinker then the right one. Even the nose of the CGI version is sharper...

Definitely the sword of destiny one. I hope (and assume) that's the final one by default in the game since that's the latest gameplay trailer we got.

Top Bottom