Lords of the Fallen

+
That's the bloody point.

What you can do is invest in equipment load so you can wear heavy armor and have good rolling ability.

Another perspective on the same areas and content:

[video=youtube;e-mwYOzPj7E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-mwYOzPj7E[/video]

You better play this one Bloth. I know your stance on steam, and I appreciate that you were willing to stand up for what you were saying about DRM, but it's a shame.

I guess the retail version might not have DRM? I dunno.

I've no love for steam due it's DRM but reality is that it helps a lot developers considering how easy it is to put game there.

Last edited:
Well, sorry to burst your bubble mate, but it requires Steam :( Maybe it's gonna be available on GOG too?

Listening to the soundtrack right now, performed by Bratislava Symphony Orchestra. It's pretty good so far.

Yeah, finally took the deal and bought it. I have my doubts about this game but hey, you don't have enough Souls-like games out there.

Reviews seem rather positive so far, 8.5 from Game Informer, 8 from Gamespot. Not too bad. I'll write my impressions in the evening, as it's still locked on Steam :(

Here's the Day-One Update changelog, 5GB in size:

General

Improved general difficulty balancing
Text & voice over fixes and improvements
Incorrect despawn behaviour fixed
An issue with missing musics in the credits is fixed
Judge bossfight balancing updated
Challenge Arena tweaks
Camera clipping improved
Intro lengths for second visits corrected
The Blacksmith is now available after the Infiltrator
Savepoint problems fixed
The run, jump and jump attack tutorials now starts again if the player approaches the first savepoint in Old Monastery

Art

Visual effects improvements
Animation improvements
General lighting improvements
Improved LODs
Reduced visual glitches
Improved collision mesh
Performance optimization
Reduced camera clipping
General texture improvements

Music & Sound

The wrong Boss music was played in some situations
Music & SFX volumes adjusted
Improved SFX timing

Platform Specific

PC: none
PS4: Fixed disappearing environment particle effects
Xbox One: Occasionally missing sounds are fixed

Edit: Also, NVidia has released their GameWorks Tech video for Lords of the Fallen.

[video=youtube;UFlQ9CtLi-0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFlQ9CtLi-0[/video]

Last edited:
Reviews seem rather positive so far, 8.5 from Game Informer, 8 from Gamespot. Not too bad. I'll write my impressions in the evening, as it's still locked on Steam :(

58/100 from PC Gamer
6/10 from Videogamer

Bottom line: if you like Dark Souls you'll probably like Lords of the Fallen as well. If you don't like DS you probably won't like LotF neither.

And there seems to be some pretty bad issues with the PC version.

Last edited:
14/20 for JV.COM (France)
+
Technical combat
Good weapon/armor designs
Freedom in building Harkyn
Rune system
Good apocalyptic atmosphere
The "glove"
Multiple endings

-
Bad camera angles
combat mecanics sometimes frustrating
clipping bugs
lack of variety in environments
lock-on system lacks reactivity
inconsistant framerate on consoles

So far I managed to play around 15 minutes of the game. Rest of the time I spent on CTDs so yeah, the PC version definitely has issues.

After I downloaded the latest Nvidia drivers the game crashes every time after character creation screen. I also get error messages about "not enough memory" from time to time.

Played 30 minutes of the game, AMD cards are suffering, getting 40 fps one second then rolling and turning around an enemy makes the FPS go from 40 to 20 in an instant. (btw turn off post-processing, it makes the game look "foggy" :p)

The camera also goes crazy sometimes, I died twice out of camera cheap shots.

But the game is fun, but it definitely needs some patches.

Played a bit today and it's fun but have a share of issues though, the fps is fine but feels very sluggish atm so i wait for a fix to that (played on GTX 980), Combat feels pretty clunky and unresponsive but at the same time heavy and impactful when you do land a blow also lock on needs work imo, lip sync and general animations are pretty bad but nothing i can't overlook.

Story so far is nothing to write home about, pretty much your usual save the world from demons storyline.

The worst thing which slowly makes me lose interest in it is that it crashes a LOT and is buggy a ton of bugs.

The game definately have potential but it have some rough edges which could have used more polishing.

Last edited:
I guess the retail version might not have DRM? I dunno.

I've no love for steam due it's DRM but reality is that it helps a lot developers considering how easy it is to put game there.

I don't think it's easier than putting it on GOG, is it? Must be some publishing crap as usual that sends a game like this directly to Steam.

So does it play well with keyboard and mouse? Or is it also designed for a gamepad? I am curious about this game. Might try it eventually.

It plays well on K+M, smooth and responsive for me. After disabling Physx and post-processing I was able to play the game for a little longer(GTX 660Ti) and apart from the technical issues & bugs the gameplay itself is rather solid and combat system satysfying.

Camera system definitely needs tweaking, as it doesn't do the best job in narrow corridors - there are moments when you basically can't see anything - neither your character nor the enemy.

Top Bottom