Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
No but I mean what is the actual point of the keep? what does it do and why is it a thing?
isn't Inquisition just going to import our decisions like DA2 did from Origins?

No, you won't be able to import your saves this time. You have to manually pick your world state through the keep.

The point is to
- hopefully prevent anomalies with plot flags (happened a bit with the import from DA:O to DA2, and Mass Effect)
- let people use the platform they want regardless of the platform they were using for DA:O and DA2
- get "world states" you may have not kept on your hard drive after 5 years
- have a good entry point for newcomers (you can have a decent 20 min interactive summary of DA:O and 2 and don't have to own and play those games to be able to import your world state)
- let the players who ignored DA2 make the jump from DA:O to DA:I

edit

Last edited:
I'm loving this keep thing. It was tedious going through all the choices, but well worth it, since I lost all my data and would have to go through both games to get it back, like I did with Mass Effect. Except I'm not doing that with dragon age, thanks to 2. So this was a great idea. Very cool.

Witcher could really use this. Also great for if you just want to try different stories without playing the games again to see the differences. Gotta tip my hat to Bioware on this one. Assuming everything works smoothly, that is.

edit: Also, I'm a console peasant switching to PC again before the year's out, so this saves me some time, not having to take saves from the console to the PC, if I had them that is.

You can import saves, and then you get to decide whether you want to change stuff. I had to do that because either the import got some stuff wrong or the save I chose was a half-finished character or something.

It's a good idea- if it works.

Edit: It might not be saves that it's importing but rather uploaded info on your BSN/ Origin profile.

You can import saves, and then you get to decide whether you want to change stuff. I had to do that because either the import got some stuff wrong or the save I chose was a half-finished character or something.

It's a good idea- if it works.

Edit: It might not be saves that it's importing but rather uploaded info on your BSN/ Origin profile.

I think it's the latter. It says at the top no saves are imported. They missed a good chunk of my data, but it still included dlc, some of which I never bought, like Witchhunt, so it seems that it doesn't really matter what was or wasn't missing in their uber glitchy uploading.

On the topic of TW3 having something similar (off-topic, sorry): didn't they say it will? From what I understood you'll get to make some decisions as to what happened in the initial stages of TW3 (it'll be in game, not a separate thing like DAI).

On the topic of TW3 having something similar (off-topic, sorry): didn't they say it will? From what I understood you'll get to make some decisions as to what happened in the initial stages of TW3 (it'll be in game, not a separate thing like DAI).

If so, then that's even better. Hopefully with a PC interface, assuming it's not like some sort of question and answer thing like in ME 2, and something more detailed like with this.

didn't they say it will? From what I understood you'll get to make some decisions as to what happened in the initial stages of TW3.

Something is in the works, don't think we have any specifics, but I'd be much more surprised if there isn't something than if there is. Something similar as KOP wisely put it was always on the cards, come on, the REDs just keep their cards closer than BucketWithholes. I bet theirs will be better, tbh I couldn;t even make it through that little video, the words chosen for the voiceover, as all BW blurb these days it seems, just turns me off.

"I bet theirs will be better"

Lol, you guys. I don't care whose is better, as long as there's something to this effect. Quit worrying so much about whose is better. CDPR won that game with Bioware a while ago anyway.

No worrying involved mate, I simply have much more faith in REDs originality than BW's. You know I could've asked you to stop asking for REDs to copy / paste BW, but since in my world you're entitled to voice an opinion, perhaps you could show me the same respect?

I think the CDPR dude answering the question said something along the lines that it's "well done" or something like. My personal interpretation of it was that they're well aware on how to handle it without breaking immersion or making it feel like you're in front of a jury with a lawyer shooting you questions.

Anyways, lets get back on topic.

I looked at that 2 part video involving the charity stream they did (kudos to them and everyone who participated in that!) and one thing I disliked (apart from the things I mentioned earlier in previous posts): stun duration. Now, If I remember correctly you can improve stuns and make them last longer but they seem pointless early level (you avoided having him throw in one auto-attack by using a 2 second stun, great!) unless it's for setting up quick combos for other classes (something he rarely did in the video).

I can't help but draw a comparison to how Dota 2 does it: a 2 second stun there doesn't mean one auto-attack, a 2 second stun with you out of position means you're pretty much dead because you can get blown up by a competent player very quickly. There are many more things factoring into that in the case of Dota 2 but my point still stands: short duration stuns work in scenarios where you can die fast or kill people very fast. Now I don't think that's what most DAI players want, they don't want 5-10 second fights (there are other games with such pacing if that tickles your fancy) but to me it looks like most of the stuff you do barely scratches your oppositions and it's more about outlasting them than making quick work of them with good strategy and tactics.

Last edited:
I won't jump on the "who is better" bandwagon because the game people use to compare TW is DA2, a game that only had one year and a half of development time. DA:I has been in development for at least 3 years and I get the feeling that DA:I is what Bioware intended DA2 to be. Besides, the games are very different, in art style, gameplay and priorities concerning story. I am quite sure people who like Blizzard games and DOTA2 are going to be just fine with the style.

Therefore, comparisons are moot unless we include a turd like DA2. ME3 was made by a different team and even that game had excellent moments and characters. So really, I think the only blunder the DA team made was with DA2.

To be frank, I'm quite sure TW3 will be better but that doesn't have to mean that this is an "only one game can be good" kind of thing. Both can be awesome but one will be more awesome than the other.

Last edited:
No worrying involved mate, I simply have much more faith in REDs originality than BW's. You know I could've asked you to stop asking for REDs to copy / paste BW, but since in my world you're entitled to voice an opinion, perhaps you could show me the same respect?

You could ask that, but unlike me, this forum has a history of comparing every single thing to the Witcher as if it's the end all be all to gaming, whereas with me, I don't have a history of asking anyone to copy paste Bioware. Everything is always a contest with someone here on these boards. So you could've asked me whatever you wanted, but it'd fall flat

Not to mention, "copy paste" is not what I call borrowing a good idea. That's what's wrong with these boards right now.

One thing that didn't work for me with the Keep was importing my DA:O character... This isn't a massive problem if the plot stays the same but seeing as Hawke appears in DA:I (and they say they would keep your Hawke's appearance if you imported your save), if my Grey Warden appears and doesn't look right it will be very annoying.

Is it worth pointing out all I was talking about is this wee prior choice setup gadget? I've not commented on DA:I itself in ages.

Loved DAO, couldnt wait for DA2, it ruined the series for me. Wont even bother with DAI, Bioware shat the bed and it wont just come out after 1 wash.

Loved DAO, couldnt wait for DA2, it ruined the series for me. Wont even bother with DAI, Bioware shat the bed and it wont just come out after 1 wash.

Hey, are you on the Bethesda forums by any chance? Your name looks familiar.
Is it worth pointing out all I was talking about is this wee prior choice setup gadget? I've not commented on DA:I itself in ages.

My comment wasn't aimed specifically to you though.

Top Bottom