Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
default Hawke used to at least be hot, now he looks like the village drunk/homeless guy.
Maybe the poor guy lost all of his fortune.

This is what default Hawke looks like in DA:I.

Hardly an improvement.

Meh, it actually can be quite tricky to re-create face from the ground up with completely new engine.

I am not worried as long as I can make my custom Hawke's face myself.

I almost always play with the standard face. There aren't really many opportunities, though, so it may sound more dramatic than what it is.

The ME series, DA2, and that's about it.

Other than one playthrough in ME where I was in the mood to play Nova from StarCraft so I created a blonde Infiltrator and non-compassionate FemShep.

I'm honestly surprised anyone thought Hawke was hot. I liked his armor and stuff, but something about him both in the trailers and game always seemed off. I don't know what it was exactly. For one, he looks really weird without his blood strip thing. Too much face or something. And with it, it's like "Why do you always have a blood streak on your face?" I dunno, it just seemed rather out of place to me, and then of course, it has to be there or it feels like his face is missing something. Which is obviously the weird blood strip.

I almost always play with the standard face. There aren't really many opportunities, though, so it may sound more dramatic than what it is.

The ME series, DA2, and that's about it.
same

In the trailers he is reasonably hot. Not like Cullen hot but he's still okay.

Yep, the poorer you get, the uglier you become.

That can't be true because I'm a poor student but definitely gorgeous.
Hawke obviously went to the wrong plastic surgeon. He should have gone to the place Cullen went to, since it seems to give better results.

Ah, I remember what it was now. His Dorito beard :lol: That's what made his head look so big in game and made it look odd not to have his blood stripe. It keeps the focus on him and not his overall face and stuff. It's needed detail. And as for the trailer, he was just ghost pale, but from a distance he looked fine.

Besides all that I still think his armor was pretty sick. The warrior and mage ones. Rogue was okay.

I generally don't care about my character's apperance. Generally.

I remember getting Mass Effect CE, when it finally came out on PC - my most anticipated game that year along with the Witcher. I was really impressed by its CC... for like 5 minutes, when I realized I couldn't make a decent looking character. Worse, the face texture was visibly worse and plastic like - there was no beating the default so I stuck with it. And hell... I grew attached to that face. I mean... dude is hawt.

What's funny I remember playing ME, when suddenly my mother stood behind me and after a while of watching me play asked "Is this Mark Vanderloo?". Moments later she showed me some advertisment she had of him from Elle haha. At that moment I realized why I couldn't make a better looking toon, since the default is a face-scan of an actual fucking male supermodel :laughing:

Anyway... back to DA. I had no problem with playing DAII as the default Hawke for the first time, but since that character creator is pretty good I actually made some toons for myself... which I promtly deleted when I realised that your family would change apperance along with you. Couldn't stand bowl haircut Bethany and in-bred looking Carver. Now, thanks to the mods you can edit default Hawke's face and have your original looking family - which I'm probably gonna utilizise when I'm done re-playing DA:O and start playing DA2 again.

For me creating your own unique character is maybe the most fun thing you get to do in games like Dragon Age, Mass Effect or Elder Scrolls.

It always feels like a fun challenge to create some new face and perspective in Character creator screen when you start your adventure.

I generally don't care about my character's apperance. Generally.

I remember getting Mass Effect CE, when it finally came out on PC - my most anticipated game that year along with the Witcher. I was really impressed by its CC... for like 5 minutes, when I realized I couldn't make a decent looking character. Worse, the face texture was visibly worse and plastic like - there was no beating the default so I stuck with it. And hell... I grew attached to that face. I mean... dude is hawt.

What's funny I remember playing ME, when suddenly my mother stood behind me and after a while of watching me play asked "Is this Mark Vanderloo?". Moments later she showed me some advertisment she had of him from Elle haha. At that moment I realized why I couldn't make a better looking toon, since the default is a face-scan of an actual fucking male supermodel :laughing:

Anyway... back to DA. I had no problem with playing DAII as the default Hawke for the first time, but since that character creator is pretty good I actually made some toons for myself... which I promtly deleted when I realised that your family would change apperance along with you. Couldn't stand bowl haircut Bethany and in-bred looking Carver. Now, thanks to the mods you can edit default Hawke's face and have your original looking family - which I'm probably gonna utilizise when I'm done re-playing DA:O and start playing DA2 again.

I actually never knew the family changed faces too until I read it in the wiki. Had trouble remembering who the heck some people were in the game during my keep edit. I ragged on Hawke's appearance every now and then, but to me, that was just Hawke.

Which reminds me, did anyone else get that video summary to work? Mine kept saying there was an error. In the keep.

Review copies already sent 3 weeks before the release date. Bioware has shown lots of gameplay, now they're giving reviewers time to properly experience the game. Screams confidence to me - I like it.

Just waiting for those first reviews/impressions from trusted sources and I'm giving it a buy.

Damnit. Guess I'll just have to wait and see if they fix it for me.

Nah it didn't work for me either.

Review copies already sent 3 weeks before the release date. Bioware has shown lots of gameplay, now they're giving reviewers time to properly experience the game. Screams confidence to me - I like it.

Just waiting for those first reviews/impressions from trusted sources and I'm giving it a buy.

Ughhhhhhhhhh they are so lucky. I would kill to play Inquisition now :'(
But they do seem to be sure that this game will be a good one. It seems to me like they went back to a lot of the things people loved about Origins. And from what I've seen so far on youtube everything looks great.

I haven't followed DA:I as closely as I have TW3, but it's certainly the game after The Witcher I've been following the most. That, and BioWare probably wanting to wash the stain of DA2, make me particularly curious about reviews. I really hope they accomplished an excellent product. It certainly feels to me as if they put a lot of effort into it - as far as you can tell through internet impressions.

At first I was very skeptical of DAI, still am. And after seeing the gameplay vids, a lot of 'flash' and pretty effects, it looks like the game is boring. (Gameplay wise. even skyhold feels tacked on, they make a 'big' castle and spread all the npc's you need out so you have to run around skyhold.)

Even the health/potion system suggests that exploring will be limited, because after a X amount of fights (of your level) you have to go back to camp and refill and the enemies respawn. So you are barely exploring it seems.
And then they release the Keep which is a very cool idea and I love the tapestry idea and art, and now they sent out review copies 3 weeks ahead of release (what's the nda on this?) which kind of fills me with hope this game will be good.

So for 'old times sake' (the jewel that was and is DAO) I will give it a fair shot and play and hopefully finish the game.

Don't forget that by exploring you're also discovering and making new camps, each camp is an opportunity to refill your potions. I don't think we'll have to "go back" to a particular camp to refill things.

Right now I'm only concerned about bugs and glitches, because it's BioWare and I haven't see any footage yet completely free of an immersion-breaking bug or glitch. I've re-read my rant back in 2011 about DA2 which unfortunately was the first game I preordered. With minor things apart, everything that I disliked the most in DA2 is gone.

Last edited:
Don't forget that by exploring you're also discovering and making new camps, each camp is an opportunity to refill your potions. I don't think we'll have to "go back" to a particular camp to refill things.

Right now I'm only concerned about bugs and glitches, because it's BioWare and I haven't see any footage yet completely free of an immersion-breaking bug or glitch. I've re-read my rant back in 2011 about DA2 that was the first game I preordered. With minor things apart, everything that I disliked the most in DA2 is gone.

Wow... the first game you pre-ordered had to be Da2 :( that's a rough break.
I think the first game I pre-ordered was a Barbie horse riding game and I wasn't disappointed. From then on I haven't been let down by pre-orders once!

ALSO
there is another stream happening tomorrow *excited yelling*

Top Bottom