Lords of the Fallen

+
Game was so silly before patch. I pre-downloaded and started playing right away. Oh its like night and day after patch. Good game! If reviews were only made after patch came out it would be much higher score... but it's studio fault for not testing it properly.

Playing on laptop with 7970m no problems at all everything on high settings and 1980x res.

Before Lords of the Fallen, I had no idea what chromatic aberration really was. Chromatic aberration is so strong in this game and came so violently through my eyes that now even the darkest corner of my soul and my ancestors know what chromatic aberration is.

Before Lords of the Fallen, I had no idea what chromatic aberration really was. Chromatic aberration is so strong in this game and came so violently through my eyes that now even the darkest corner of my soul and my ancestors know what chromatic aberration is.
Haha, this is exactly why I hate that effect a lot.

Yeah EXEcryptor. It's good(efficiency wise - EXTREMELY hard to reverse engineer) but for the consumer it seems to be the new TAGES or StarForce, both of them were pretty damn horrible.

Last edited:
Someone will crack it in a few days. At best they get a few weeks without a crack.

But they've shot themselves in the foot. I've contacted Gop on FB about the DRM, maybe he'll give me an answer, or not.

I'm not sure that was EXEcryptor, or was it?

Reading about it seems it had always online DRM and that's the reason they couldn't crack it.

Yeah, bought the game and couldn't play past the first boss.

At least Watch Dogs worked.

edit: Also. Great 2$ DLCs by the way.

Last edited:
Well DRM might prevent piracy (for a while) but in my case (and I can really only speak for myself) it prevents a sale. I was going to be buying Lords of the fallen but after finding out that it was DRM infested I am out, I will not spend a dime on it unless removed.

If actually more people did that instead of just complaining DRM would finally be a thing of the past.

Can someone explain to me - if they game requires Steam anyway, why in the hot fuck put in another DRM layer?

I watched the interview with TB on the GG thread and TB said he was contacted by CI because they wanted to give him a gaming PC with their 2013 game ("Alien Rage") installed.
So I did some search about City Interactive (didn't know who they were), then about Alien Rage. Interesting to check out.

It looks like Harkyn was a space marine named Jack in Alien Rage.

Well DRM might prevent piracy (for a while) but in my case (and I can really only speak for myself) it prevents a sale. I was going to be buying Lords of the fallen but after finding out that it was DRM infested I am out, I will not spend a dime on it unless removed.

If actually more people did that instead of just complaining DRM would finally be a thing of the past.

Numbers show DRM does not prevent piracy. It only affects legitimate customers. If you wonder why it still exists, it's because companies crave control. This is an ethical and not a technical problem, which is why no form of DRM is OK.

I thought Gop and friends were beyond that, but sadly I was mistaken. This usually happens because of stubborn publishers and not necessarily the developers. Maybe in the future they'll have more leverage?

Anyway, I was interested but now I'll pass.

See? It only slightly handicaps your machine so it's okay :)

Pro-consumer? What is that?

Last edited:
Don't be so quick to believe even that. No company in the world would ever admit that DRM was causing huge performance issues.

Tough position for GOP, previously coming from a company championing no DRM. Now it appears he has to make excuses for it.

Top Bottom