Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
Was it the one with the secret wild horse that only appeared if you rang the bell and then went to the magical waterfall?

...this may explain why I love having horses in fantasy games so much.

@Princess_Ciri does that douche really make youtube videos just to show himself getting stuff early? Wow.

Can't remember my first pre-order, I pre-ordered a good bit of games, now that I think back on it. I thought I only did three, but I remember more now, because I wanted to avoid them being sold out, which happened fucking a lot. It was usually multiplayer stuff so I could play with friends. Didn't have time for midnight releases. Lazy. And I hate the parents with their bratty kids coming, lol. Like "wait, you play Halo? My kid does too! Wow I didn't think older boys liked silly stuff like this."

Bitch, it's rated M for mature. Anyway, I've never really felt burned for a pre-order. It's not like you have to pay more. You just pay top dollar. I pre-ordered DA 2 as well, and I honestly still don't feel "burned". Though I would have preferred getting it on sale now, lol. Best pre order ever, Skyrim. Worst, either dragon age or modern warfare 2, lol.

Lol I wish Bioware would send me stuff to play early T_T maybe I should start making youtube videos about games. I have a voice that is not particularly annoying and I don't suck completely at playing games.

I've never pre-ordered a bad game, but I do remember the most disappointing game I've ever bought being Heroes of Might and Magic 4. Considering 3 is one of the best fantasy rpgs i've ever played, I couldn't even figure out how to play 4 the controls were so shit.

Lol I wish Bioware would send me stuff to play early T_T maybe I should start making youtube videos about games. I have a voice that is not particularly annoying and I don't suck completely at playing games.

I've never pre-ordered a bad game, but I do remember the most disappointing game I've ever bought being Heroes of Might and Magic 4. Considering 3 is one of the best fantasy rpgs i've ever played, I couldn't even figure out how to play 4 the controls were so shit.

And people tried convincing me 4 was better than Skyrim, lol. And on Bethesda's own forum too, lol.

You already know what I'll say about people getting DA: I early. If I ever got it for free and early, I'd probably let someone who'd be more grateful and excited have it.

And people tried convincing me 4 was better than Skyrim, lol. And on Bethesda's own forum too, lol.

You already know what I'll say about people getting DA: I early. If I ever got it for free and early, I'd probably let someone who'd be more grateful and excited have it.

.....4.... better than Skyrim? Ohhhhhhhh my god how could someone have such a wrong opinion?!?!?!
It was utter shit. I felt betrayed after buying that game lmao. It makes DA2 look like the best game ever made in comparison.

Well if you ever get given DA:I early, give it to your good friend (me) because I will definitely appreciate it the most out of anyone in the world.

@Princess_Ciri, I think you'd have to fight Gala over it, ha. The force of Cullen squee is strong with her indeed.

But, no use wondering over it. If I was some sort of game reviewer and they offered it, I'd turn them down. Corrupt practice. Anyway, I'm sure the game's not gonna tank in sales, even if I'm not all that excited for it personally. We'll see. Origins did better than DA 2 in initial sales, despite all the flashy awesome button stuff, so hopefully they learned their audience isn't that shallow.

Oh and I didn't think much of the menu music. Standard fantasy stuff.

edit: Well, on flash, I saw the gameplay footage, so we already know the answer to that.

Last edited:
@Princess_Ciri, I think you'd have to fight Gala over it, ha. The force of Cullen squee is strong with her indeed.

You underestimate my Cullen fangirling. I have been toning it down so don't test me!!!!!!!

Alsooo the more I talk about DA:I the more I am thinking I might just pre-order it and pray it runs on my laptop. I can run DA2 without any crashes and I don't even need to use my laptop cooler (whereas weirdly with Origins I did need to use it or my game crashed).

Does anyone here understand computer jargon and could help me know if my laptop will run DA:I? I have tried looking this stuff up but the 'minimum system requirements' mentions stuff i can't even see on my system properties and idk if that means i don't have it or i have a worse one or a better one x__X

So, I did the Keep thing. Seems to be working alright. Got one error, and the story video was lagging on my crappy laptop, but it seemed stable otherwise.

Navigating the menus to check the smaller choices that are not presented to you in the video is a bit annoying, could have made it easier to do. Felt that the presentation in the video itself was a bit lacking, they could have made it more entertaining, the art in particular did not impress me. Music during the DA2 segment had a certain part that reminded me of TW main theme, so that helped make the segment at least somewhat interesting.

You underestimate my Cullen fangirling. I have been toning it down so don't test me!!!!!!!

Alsooo the more I talk about DA:I the more I am thinking I might just pre-order it and pray it runs on my laptop. I can run DA2 without any crashes and I don't even need to use my laptop cooler (whereas weirdly with Origins I did need to use it or my game crashed).

Does anyone here understand computer jargon and could help me know if my laptop will run DA:I? I have tried looking this stuff up but the 'minimum system requirements' mentions stuff i can't even see on my system properties and idk if that means i don't have it or i have a worse one or a better one x__X

Try this out:

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

So, I did the Keep thing. Seems to be working alright. Got one error, and the story video was lagging on my crappy laptop, but it seemed stable otherwise.

Navigating the menus to check the smaller choices that are not presented to you in the video is a bit annoying, could have made it easier to do. Felt that the presentation in the video itself was a bit lacking, they could have made it more entertaining, the art in particular did not impress me. Music during the DA2 segment had a certain part that reminded me of TW main theme, so that helped make the segment at least somewhat interesting.

So I'm not missing out on the video then. Good.

That doesn't have Inquisition, annoyingly :/

I honestly have your same problem, lol. Which is bad for me since I have to decide if I want to just buy a souped up PC or build it. I was going for building it for cheaper, but I'm worried I'll fack something up. And the one I wanted, people keep saying the HDMI component sucks, and I need my pc to work well with my tv.

edit: Wait, yes it does :) I just checked it.

I mean, it's literally the main story of the games being recapped by Varric (with an Edit Choice option popping up every now and then), with bland, barely animated scenes representing what he's talking about going in the background. They look similar to the DA2 Act transition screens, if you remember those, only even less detailed.

Last edited:
I mean, it's literally the main story of the games being recapped by Varric (with an Edit Choice option popping up every now and then), with bland, barely animated scenes representing what he's talking about going in the background. They looks similar to the DA2 Act transition screens, if you remember those, only even less detailed.

Yea I remember them. I was hoping for that, but more... I dunno, detailed and cooler. Something like Witcher's but longer and like a short film or something. I guess for something that is free, I was expecting too much.

I honestly have your same problem, lol. Which is bad for me since I have to decide if I want to just buy a souped up PC or build it. I was going for building it for cheaper, but I'm worried I'll fack something up. And the one I wanted, people keep saying the HDMI component sucks, and I need my pc to work well with my tv.

edit: Wait, yes it does :) I just checked it.

I'm getting a gaming PC for Christmas but i'm starting to feel like I can't wait until Christmas to play... but if my laptop can't run the game then i'd rather not buy it only to be disappointed.

Apparently the system requirements say as a minimum you need a quad core processor.... and I only have dual core :/
Everything besides that seems to be above the minimum requirements but I'm worried that my dual core won't be able to cope .__.

Bright side is if it can't, then at least it's just the one thing you need to upgrade. Compared to me, lol, though I am excited. Mainly because I get to mod Skyrim finally and play Witcher 1 again. Also, Vampire Masquerade.

I got the video to work. Lol, it's like those old flash videos, like that starwars gangsta rap one. Cute, I guess. Again, I was expecting a bit much for something free.

Bright side is if it can't, then at least it's just the one thing you need to upgrade. Compared to me, lol, though I am excited. Mainly because I get to mod Skyrim finally and play Witcher 1 again. Also, Vampire Masquerade.

I got the video to work. Lol, it's like those old flash videos, like that starwars gangsta rap one. Cute, I guess. Again, I was expecting a bit much for something free.

My laptop is so old and broken I don't really think it's worth upgrading. Poor thing was bought for school work and internet surfing, yet now I'm using it for gaming so I'm honestly impressed it's doing so well.

It does. Anyway, you can just post your system specs here and I'm sure you'll get your answer.

err I couldn't see it when I searched but okay here is what I think are my specs.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz
Memory: (RAM) 6.00 GB
Graphics: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
Number of processor cores: 2
Gaming graphics: 1696 MB Total available graphics memory

...is there anything else you need to know?

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz
Memory: (RAM) 6.00 GB
Graphics: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
Number of processor cores: 2
Gaming graphics: 1696 MB Total available graphics memory

...is there anything else you need to know?

Don't think that'll be able to run it. Just as a general advice for future purchases, this - Graphics: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family - is bad if you want to run games. Go for nVidia or AMD GPUs instead.

Last edited:
Don't think that'll be able to run it. Just as a general advice for future purchases, this - Graphics: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family - is bad if you want to run games.

Yeah I know it's not good. I didn't buy it for gaming so I never thought i'd need good graphics.
I will try posting my specs in the reddit thread about this and see what they say. But thanks for your help.

Oh ok, I thought this was a gaming laptop you were talking about. Like Alienware. I'd prefer that, except I'm not sure how easily customizable the laptops are. I think I'd prefer just sticking with a tried and true desktop.

Top Bottom