Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
Unless you plan on travelling a lot, a desktop will always be the better option. You don't upgrade laptops, you buy new ones.

Anyway, back to DA:I. It's looking like it has potential, honestly, BW are obviously putting actual effort into this, and sending out early review copies is indicative of them being confident in their product (admittedly, it's when the NDA is lifted that matters more.) They have, however, lost my trust with DA2 and ME3, and my respect with the way they treated criticism and handled DLC, so I'll be waiting for reviews from trusted sources before I even consider buying DA:I. Even if I do decide to get it, I'll be waiting for a sale.

Oh ok, I thought this was a gaming laptop you were talking about. Like Alienware. I'd prefer that, except I'm not sure how easily customizable the laptops are. I think I'd prefer just sticking with a tried and true desktop.

Lol nope, I've had this laptop for about 2-3 years now and before then I was not much of a gamer like I am now. I only discovered Skyrim in 2012 so really I've never needed anything for serious gaming until recently.

Normally I would be looking to buy a new laptop but I've decided to invest in a desktop instead because I am fed up with having to replace my laptop every 3 years. This laptop I have now will hopefully last another year, maybe 2, and by then I shouldn't be at university anymore so either I will have my desktop with me or I shall be working so I will be able to afford a new laptop.

I hate the attitude people on reddit have with Alienware. Nobody on that site will give you decent advice because the second you mention gaming laptop or alienware they launch into a tirade about how you're an idiot wasting money.

They have, however, lost my trust with DA2 and ME3, and my respect with the way they treated criticism and handled DLC, so I'll be waiting for reviews from trusted sources before I even consider buying DA:I. Even if I do decide to get it, I'll be waiting for a sale.

Same. I'm sure I'll hear plenty right here about the game though, from people who go in both skeptical and others who are hopeful. Perfect.

Best thing I can hear is that the characters actually are good. That'd make me buy it.

Same. I'm sure I'll hear plenty right here about the game though, from people who go in both skeptical and others who are hopeful. Perfect.

Best thing I can hear is that the characters actually are good. That'd make me buy it.

Honestly, if @Costin and @knightofphoenix get the game, play it and say it's good, I'll be sold. When there's a deep discount. And if @Blothulfur buys it, plays it and says it's good, I'll be getting it instantly :p

:rofl: I'd sooner expect to see Geralt with Dandelion.

Blackwall's my man. If he's not the shit, then I've got nothing left in hopes for Inquisition.

Hey, Geralt and Dandelion is possible if you use your imagination... (although personally I'd rather not invoke that mental image)

Really? Only Blackwall? What about Cassandra?

Hey, Geralt and Dandelion is possible if you use your imagination... (although personally I'd rather not invoke that mental image)

Really? Only Blackwall? What about Cassandra?

That's the chick that looks like Maleficent right?

Meh. There is Varric though. He's a given. So blackwall and varric is a given. Potato head looks like he might be okay. Dorian maybe too. He didn't come off as a douche in the videos so that's good.

But Blackwalls the one I'm looking out for to really like. Hopefully. If I can just find one more character to really grow attached to in the game, it'll be enough. Since then I'll have two. Varric and the other. The rest I'll have fun pissing off.

holy wall of link text, batman!!!

No, Cassandra is the one that is questioning Varric during DA2. And she has that pretty Orlesian accent whilst being a kickass warrior. Although Vivienne (who I think you mean) the mage looks great too, I am going to struggle deciding who I will bring with me.

Dorian looks like he will be funny, I'm expecting to like him.
The only characters I'm not so sure about are Blackwall and Iron Bull. But we shall see.

I fixed it :lol: Google decided to fuck with me and sneak in some junk code.

Right that chick. I don't know what the hell happened to her, she was prettier in DA 2. Now she looks a lot different. I'm not shallow, but she's just too manly for any sort of romancing, but as a character, I don't have an opinion on her yet. But being grumpy is a plus. It means if there's someone I dislike in the party, she'll likely help me gang up on them. Like Alistair and Morrigan on Leliana, lol.

I hope Dorian is funny. We need someone else that's funny. I miss Zevran. And funny Anders in Awakening.

Oghren was the best. And Alistair. Actually, Isabella was pretty funny too. But Oghren was king.

Seriously? Cassandra is very pretty imo. She's not girly-looking but she's definitely pretty. I'm slightly sad she's not a romance option for female Inquisitors. Oh well.

From what Bioware have said, Dorian is meant to be witty and charming. "Dorian is described as fun, gregarious, outgoing and likeable."

Zevran and Alistair made me laugh a lot, and so did Shale tbh. In DA2 the only character that I found funny was Varric but sometimes Fenris said funny things. Oghren's humour wasn't really my thing but his poet tree pun got to me...

Before, yes.
Though still not my thing. Neither was Morrigan before, looks wise. Bit too skinny. Except in cutscenes by the campfire that is, lol. But I loved her personality (lovable bitch), and of course, her voice actress was Claudia Black, who I was a fan of in Stargate SG-1.
After?

Not for me even remotely.

You underestimate my Cullen fangirling. I have been toning it down so don't test me!!!!!!!

Alsooo the more I talk about DA:I the more I am thinking I might just pre-order it and pray it runs on my laptop. I can run DA2 without any crashes and I don't even need to use my laptop cooler (whereas weirdly with Origins I did need to use it or my game crashed).

Does anyone here understand computer jargon and could help me know if my laptop will run DA:I? I have tried looking this stuff up but the 'minimum system requirements' mentions stuff i can't even see on my system properties and idk if that means i don't have it or i have a worse one or a better one x__X

You shouldn't pre-order games. You are encouraging bad developer practices.

EDIT:

Also, you need a DirectX 11 card to be able to play it. Not sure if your integrated card supports D11.

Furthermore, all the people posting shit about alienware are right. They are overpriced and definitely not worth it. You are better off keeping your laptop for facebook and school/office work and building a PC yourself. It's much cheaper this way because gaming laptops are far more expensive than gaming PCs AND they overheat like crazy. Don't worry, for a small price you can ask the guys from the company you are buying it to assemble it for you. I think a 500$ PC would be enough for DA:I. If you have someone who has BF4 you can also test it to see what performance to expect, the system requirements and engine are exactly the same.

Last edited:
Yeah I know it's not good. I didn't buy it for gaming so I never thought i'd need good graphics.
I will try posting my specs in the reddit thread about this and see what they say. But thanks for your help.
Sounds familiar. When I bought my laptop for Uni two years ago I told myself that if it's not gaming-oriented, maybe I'll drop the habit. That certainly exploded in my face.

I'll be waiting for reviews from trusted sources before I even consider buying DA:I. Even if I do decide to get it, I'll be waiting for a sale.
Which ones, out of curiosity? Other than this forum.

Blackwall's my man. If he's not the shit, then I've got nothing left in hopes for Inquisition.
Yep, I'm looking forward to him as well. The main one in the cast who looks like a grizzled bastard. The other characters I'm curious about are Dorian and Cassandra. Iron Bull looks ridiculous. I don't know what they were smoking when they designed him. He looks like a triangle, and his horns... c'mon.

Before, yes.
Though still not my thing. Neither was Morrigan before, looks wise. Bit too skinny. Except in cutscenes by the campfire that is, lol. But I loved her personality (lovable bitch), and of course, her voice actress was Claudia Black, who I was a fan of in Stargate SG-1.
After?

Not for me even remotely.

At least now she looks like unique character with her own face structure. before she was just generic female face number 203

Personally I think she looks quite charming in her own way and I am glad Bioware isnt giving us just some bland supermodels as romance options. Nothing is more boring than that.

Last edited:
I feel the same, Saladin. She's a warrior and I think they managed to make her look the role while still being attractive in her own way. Personally, I like her appearance.

Hey, Geralt and Dandelion is possible if you use your imagination...
Uh, no.

The thing is, it was impossible not to make a doughy face in DA2, so they probably exaggerated Cassandra's angles once they had an engine that could do it. I don't find her attractive, either, and I think they're thumbing it in the nose of the "straight male gamer" by making the straight female so butch. Bioware and their sex parade.

Top Bottom