The General Videogame Thread

+
Finally got a gaming weekend in here and picked up some games I've been wanting to play for a while, but haven't gotten to with my backlog. Gotta say, I'm in love with Alpha Protocol, such a fun game.

The Korra game was okay, especially for $15, but the story was pretty shallow and the Naga bits were just annoying by the end.

(which also means Fate of Atlantis in time).

Uh... it is available NOW.

I used to play the diskette version and then got the (talkie) CD version. It was a big deal back then to have a fully voiced game. Still, this is one of my favorite games of all time, and one that I have played more times than I dare count.

Edit: By the way ALL SCUMM games can be played easily on Linux with ScummVM.

Uh... it is available NOW.

I used to play the diskette version and then got the (talkie) CD version. It was a big deal back then to have a fully voiced game. Still, this is one of my favorite games of all time, and one that I have played more times than I dare count.

Edit: By the way ALL SCUMM games can be played easily on Linux with ScummVM.

Yup, saw that after I posted and jumped on GOG. I am STOKED. I used to have the CD version of it as well, such an awesome game and it's been far too long since my last playthrough. Really they should have just done it as the fourth movie instead of that Crystal Skull nonsense.

So some games on my Wishlist just went on sale.
- Dead Space 2. Probably buying.
- Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. Probably buying.

What I'm on the fence about:
- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
- Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition (or just the regular)
- Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition

Any criticism to offer?

@shinobi2u
Valkyria Chronicles just got a PC release date: 11th November! :) Can't wait! I've watched gameplay videos on YouTube, and it looks like he kind of thing I'd go for.

@eliharel
I can't say I have any criticism, they're all really good choices. I'm not really interested in Dead Space personally but there's people who love it. I was never interested in Kingdoms of Amalur either, but who knows, maybe you'll be?

Last edited:

Any criticism to offer?

Dead Space 2 - Buy only if you liked the action aspect of Dead Space more than it actually being a survival horror game. Or if you're really into Dead Space.

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines - Has its issues, mostly technical ones, but it's a classic. Make sure you use fan patches.

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Wouldn't bother with it. Single player MMO.

Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition (or just the regular) - Similar to Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. Go with Ultimate Edition, has some brilliant DLC.

Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition - A more clunky Skyrim in a post-apocalyptic setting.

Go forth, and be a responsible consumer.

Last edited:
The cRPG snob in me recommends Fallout New Vegas. And yes, get the DLC!

FONV is such a good game that it can be enjoyed despite the horrible Bethesda origins, like the engine and general gameplay approach.

Also, I don't know what price it is right now but anything below $9.99 for the Ultimate Edition is a steal.

Finally got around to playing Shadow Warrior.

"Killing Rabbits, surely something will come of this."

Kill so many nothing happens. "Maybe not."

Kill one later on and turn around on my merry way.

Queue heavy metal

"The fuck?"

Dead.

Really liking it so far.

Queue heavy metal

"The fuck?"

Dead.

Really liking it so far.

One of the best FPS in a few years, definitely.

"Never hit a man with glasses. Hit him with a baseball bat."

I'm not the biggest FPS fan around here but I loved Shadow Warrior 2013. The fact that it has a 7 something metascore while average shooters keep getting 9s shows how corrupt journalism is.

I killed my last rabbit in the first snow level. By then I was able to react quickly, survive and kill the posessed rabbit without problems, other than me laughing my ass off.

I really liked the levels in the shadow realm too. I'm hoping there's a sequel.

Queue heavy metal

"The fuck?"

Dead.

Really liking it so far.

Root out as many secrets as you can. The more loot you find and the better you play, the faster you can upgrade. That's when the real fun begins. Quad barrel shotgun and napalm ftw.

Any criticism to offer?

New Vegas, must buy and same for Vampire. Dead Space is allright but fails as a scary game. Amalur and Fallout 3, both shit in my eye.

New Vegas, must buy and same for Vampire. Dead Space is allright but fails as a scary game. Amalur and Fallout 3, both shit in my eye.
@eliharel you must buy New Vegas it's real cheap right now. VtMB maybe not since the studio that worked on it is dead so I don't know who your money is going to.

be sure to get this mod when you play FNV http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/m...ewvegas/ajax/modimages/?id=54460&user=2&pUp=1

it makes all the faces look really good

Well, it's official. Bethesda ruined another studio and another game. Now the only hope for a new big budget Cyberpunk game is Cyberpunk 2077

http://www.allgamesbeta.com/2014/10/prey-2-officially-cancelled.html

http://www.pcgamer.com/prey-2s-deve...ual-disputes-an-attempted-buyout-by-bethesda/

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/05/what-went-wrong-with-human-heads-prey-2

To long didnt read:

Bethesda got lawyers to reinterpret quality milestones so they could fail Human Head regardless of actual quality
Bethesda tried to bleed Human Head dry by withholding funding
Bethesda expected Human Head to submit to a hostile acquisition (IP and employee contracts)
Human Head chose to go under than submit to extortion.

Root out as many secrets as you can. The more loot you find and the better you play, the faster you can upgrade. That's when the real fun begins. Quad barrel shotgun and napalm ftw.

They seem to be hidden well. I've gotten about three secrets per chapter and I always search in games.

I've got some Evolve Alpha PC codes if anyone is interested. It's more of a stress test, so it ends on Sunday, November 2nd at 8PM PST. Still, for people with good internet and that are interested in the game it's a good chance to try it out and see if you actually like it.

NY9IZ-7HXDA-H92WM
NY9LY-TM4J6-XP3XZ
NYA6A-IBKHR-MVDL8
NYARY-YCCE3-MNJH4

Just redeem the code on Steam.

Top Bottom