Witcher 3 music

+
Do keep in mind that none of the names of the tracks are official, but are made up by the uploader.

:sad:

Oh well, it's still pretty much confirmed, I just thought I was at long last hearing the Music in Oxenfurt. No big deal, great track anyway - I guess the person made a guess since it does sound like it could be Oxenfurt.

Jupiter_on_Mars

Is this new?
Is it legit?

1 The Witcher 3 OST - Streets of Oxenfurt
2 The Witcher 3 OST - Old Sea Keep
3 The Witcher 3 OST - Kaer Morhen Valley
4 The Witcher 3 OST - The Witcher's Path

I wouldn't be surprised if this has been asked already, but is the music playing during the scene Geralt fights the drowners in the "Ladies of the Wood" gameplay video available anywhere? Has it been released yet?

Last edited:

I was listening to the Kaer Morhen theme expecting it to be like returning home... it was such a frustrating track to listen to. Instead of the theme being what they set out in the original, halfway in they arbitrarily decide to hit every note except the ones they're supposed to. It's like listening to the 1844 overture and hearing some random medley play instead of the satisfaction of the familiar crescendo. It's like being brought to within seconds of an orgasm, only to have it switched out and replaced with pins and needles. John Williams never pulled this shit with Luke's theme. Then it gets repeated 3 or four times and I hope to fucking god I finally get to hear that final closing note, but it never comes. They've been doing this since "A nearly Peaceful place" in the Witcher 2. Shits me off.

This is frustrating.

This is Satisfying.

Last edited:
Just be forewarned, like I was, that the track names are made up, and that might not actually be the track that plays when you're in Kaer Morhen.

If we assume it is, you also have to remember that the Kaer Morhen in TW3, might not be the exact same Kaer Morhen from TW1 (In a manner of speaking). Who knows what has changed? Perhaps something has happened and a different atmosphere/feel/theme is required, and this track is what does it. They're not just going to use the exact same song from TW1. Video Games tend to evolve a lot more than Movies or TV shows, you wouldn't change Luke's Theme, because it's always thematically appropriate, but the new track might be more thematically appropriate for TW3's Kaer Morhen then just pasting the old track in there.

But I dunno, I think the new track is still absolutely gorgeous (I also didn't have any issues with A Nearly Peaceful Place and it's one of my favorites from TW2). So each to their own I guess, but I'd still wait and see how it turns out in the game, perhaps you'll feel differently about it when it's applied to the part of the game it's featured.

I was listening to the Kaer Morhen theme expecting it to be like returning home... it was such a frustrating track to listen to. Instead of the theme being what they set out in the original, halfway in they arbitrarily decide to hit every note except the ones they're supposed to.

It's been pointed out many times already, these track names were made up by the person who made them available. The names are not genuine, and the tracks are not from TW3, they're from The Witcher Adventure Game (TWAG). So no need to get too concerned.

I was listening to the Kaer Morhen theme expecting it to be like returning home... it was such a frustrating track to listen to. Instead of the theme being what they set out in the original, halfway in they arbitrarily decide to hit every note except the ones they're supposed to. It's like listening to the 1844 overture and hearing some random medley play instead of the satisfaction of the familiar crescendo. It's like being brought to within seconds of an orgasm, only to have it switched out and replaced with pins and needles. John Williams never pulled this shit with Luke's theme. Then it gets repeated 3 or four times and I hope to fucking god I finally get to hear that final closing note, but it never comes. They've been doing this since "A nearly Peaceful place" in the Witcher 2. Shits me off.

This is frustrating.

This is Satisfying.

I disagree... I like the first video much better, it's strong and it sounds and flows much better;)

Last edited:
Indeed! Like ONLY ONCE and Beestonality said, I really liked the new version, and that is probably not the full song, just a part of it!

Top Bottom