Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
Not just from looking at the achievements, no, so that's good :lol:

Let me say this. Origin's story wasn't really all that good. At least on its own it wasn't. Awakening added a new angle to it that in my opinion made it more interesting. (Getting that urge... definitely playing Origins again).

But anyway, even before Awakening, I still loved the game's story, because the darkspawn wasn't the big focus. So, that can still happen here. The characters and all the side politics that lead up to the game's big fairytale conclusion made that story work, and the same can still be said here.

So admittedly, declaring the whole story shit just based off of what the achievements revealed is silly for anyone to claim. Though it was funny, lol, and I laughed.

But just going off of the achievements, it's kinda lame. That coupled with my "meh" reaction to the game's characters anyway leaves me more susceptible to being skepticle. Along with other x factors.

Well, I agree and like I said before, I personally don't think the narrative is the most important thing in DA as long as it's functional and coherent like in DA:O. What this conflict generates is more important. So as long as there are no retarded star brats, it's ok.

@Geralt_387
It'll be cool as long as what they have to say isn't some stupid fallacy and the history of the golden city is actually interesting. Not something like

"The golden city isn't a place you can go to, but an idea. A collective idea linked to all creation, like the rest of the fade, the shared dreamworld. It was made black because we ourselves are corrupt to our core. We are all responsible for its blackening, from the beginning. Just by existing! And so, I will kill everyone to make it gold again! HAHAHAHAHA! Including myself!"

:hmm:

"The golden city isn't a place you can go to, but an idea. A collective idea linked to all creation, like the rest of the fade, the shared dreamworld. It was made black because we ourselves are corrupt to our core. We are all responsible for its blackening, from the beginning. Just by existing! And so, I will kill everyone to make it gold again! HAHAHAHAHA! Including myself!"

Last edited:
@Geralt_387
It'll be cool as long as what they have to say isn't some stupid fallacy and the history of the golden city is actually interesting. Not something like

:hmm:
Bioware might actually hire you. And I'm only half joking with that statement.

Last edited:
Have they revealed how Lilly Alan glued her head back on yet? I'd still like to know how she did that.

Edit: Wonder if she's got a scar like Kurgan? Don't know why i'm interested in one of Biowares moronic caricatures, but i'd like to find out. You poor bastards who put up with that squeeing shit are gonna have to tell me.

Full points for Highlander reference. And imagery.

I started playing Awakening today and how come Anders in DA:O is funny and mean but once DA2 starts he loses all personality?!?! Did Justice murder his sass?
I don't know why they decided to murder his cool personality from Origins but now seeing how he could have been I feel slightly betrayed.

edit: Also for those who are interested, Bioware's next DA:I stream is happening in next 10 minutes http://www.twitch.tv/bioware

Last edited:
Full points for Highlander reference. And imagery.
Still don't get what it had to do in relation to lilly though.

I started playing Awakening today and how come Anders in DA:O is funny and mean but once DA2 starts he loses all personality?!?! Did Justice murder his sass?
I don't know why they decided to murder his cool personality from Origins but now seeing how he could have been I feel slightly betrayed.

Welcome to my world. It sucked seeing him ruined like that.

Welcome to my world. It sucked seeing him ruined like that.

I just don't understand why they did it though? Did they think making him a whiney/clingy guy would make him more appealing as a love interest? UGH

edit: Alsooo

let's hope they manage to restore the damage that was done with DA2. I really do hope they have made a game that is better than Origins.

Last edited:
I just don't understand why they did it though? Did they think making him a whiney/clingy guy would make him more appealing as a love interest? UGH

They made him gay too. He could have been gay before, with the whole sir pounce a lot thing, lol, but I don't remember it really. Not that it's a point against him, I just found that odd. They did the same thing with Kaiden in Mass Effect 3, though I always thought he was gay, lol.

Who knows what the thinking behind that was. The justice thing to me is a cop out that Anders fans use.

They made him gay too. He could have been gay before, with the whole sir pounce a lot thing, lol, but I don't remember it really. Not that it's a point against him, I just found that odd. They did the same thing with Kaiden in Mass Effect 3, though I always thought he was gay, lol.

Who knows what the thinking behind that was. The justice thing to me is a cop out that Anders fans use.

Do you mean bisexual? But wait what I thought he was only a romance option for women?
Lol the cat thing was cute tbh, even though personally I consider cats to be vessels of evil, it was a cute touch for his personality.

Blaming Justice is a silly idea because whilst Justice might have made him turn into the extremist he ended up as, it doesn't account for his sudden change in personality. Even when Anders argued with Fenris he wasn't as cutting as when he was making fun of Oghren. Although maybe the writers for DA2 weren't as good as the ones for Origins? I don't know if they changed or not...

Bisexual is gay as far as I'm concerned, but anyway, yea bisexual. I don't know if he was romancable or not in Awakening, but in DA 2, he'll hit on you early if his disposition is moderately positive to you. And no matter how you turn him down, he'll get pissed, which is fine with me. Though I usually piss him off just to avoid that.

I had nothing against his cat thing. I thought it was funny. Perhaps that was the source for the change, lol. I'd be cross if I had to give up my dog.

Bisexual is gay as far as I'm concerned, but anyway, yea bisexual. I don't know if he was romancable or not in Awakening, but in DA 2, he'll hit on you early if his disposition is moderately positive to you. And no matter how you turn him down, he'll get pissed, which is fine with me. Though I usually piss him off just to avoid that.

I had nothing against his cat thing. I thought it was funny. Perhaps that was the source for the change, lol. I'd be cross if I had to give up my dog.

Lol but bisexual isn't gay it's bisexual!!
Idk if he's romanceable in Awakening. I shall check when I get the chance but my warden is married to Alistair and I'm not cheating!!!

I've never played as a guy before so I just assumed he was a female only love interest.
Looool in my last playthrough he got really upset with me bc I turned him down when he asked to move in with me. Welp. He always annoys me but then when he gets upset I feel bad I am such a weak person.

Lol but bisexual isn't gay it's bisexual!!
Idk if he's romanceable in Awakening. I shall check when I get the chance but my warden is married to Alistair and I'm not cheating!!!

I've never played as a guy before so I just assumed he was a female only love interest.
Looool in my last playthrough he got really upset with me bc I turned him down when he asked to move in with me. Welp. He always annoys me but then when he gets upset I feel bad I am such a weak person.

A square is both a square and a rectangle, no? ;)

I think they did some retconning if you were married to alistair as queen. Pretty sure they had to do that to make the dlc work unfortunately.

A square is both a square and a rectangle, no? ;)

I think they did some retconning if you were married to alistair as queen. Pretty sure they had to do that to make the dlc work unfortunately.

No. A square is a square and a rectangle is a rectangle.
what do you mean by retconning?

A square is also a rectangle. But what I think of sexualities isn't important.

I mean that when it first came out, I remember reading that when you play Awakening, if you became king or queen, it assumes you didn't instead. Wouldn't make sense for you to be with the wardens otherwise. So I guess Alistair is on the throne alone or with Anora.

A square is also a rectangle. But what I think of sexualities isn't important.

I mean that when it first came out, I remember reading that when you play Awakening, if you became king or queen, it assumes you didn't instead. Wouldn't make sense for you to be with the wardens otherwise. So I guess Alistair is on the throne alone or with Anora.

Oh really? Well I guess they must have fixed it because Alistair came by and said hello to me, mentioned the marriage and then pissed off back to Denerim, leaving me with all the problems *grumble* I want to know what happened to Zevran because he said he wouldn't leave me yet!!!! But he did. *cries*

Oh really? Well I guess they must have fixed it because Alistair came by and said hello to me, mentioned the marriage and then pissed off back to Denerim, leaving me with all the problems *grumble* I want to know what happened to Zevran because he said he wouldn't leave me yet!!!! But he did. *cries*

Hmm, I guess so. I can't find anything about that on the wiki either.

Hmm, I guess so. I can't find anything about that on the wiki either.

My flatmate mentioned that the first time he played Awakening, he didn't marry/romance Alistair, but when Alistair appeared kissed his character and acted like they were in a relationship. So i'm guessing it's just all round glitchy? Or Alistair is just hitting on everything

Top Bottom