New gameplay-material?

+
I think I will be fine once I have my new system with a GTX 960 and an Intel Core i5 3,5 Ghz, or what do you think guys?
Should be fine, man. I'm on a 770 and i5 and I'm not afraid of running it pretty much max'd out. I'm not going to have ubersampling or DOF on because that eats FPS so it won't fully be max'd out. I'm pretty sure when articles say "TW3 can't be max'd out even on this super duper machine" or whatever they mean with ubersampling on which is just an FPS killer.

Remember, this game is running on the Xbox One at settings that don't even look that bad going from the Griffin Hunt gameplay which was an Xbox.

Not a fan of the glowing strikes from the werewolf and wolves. Unless something is glowing/reflecting, like the runes on a sword, it shouldn't be illuminated during an attack. Makes it look to "arcady".
Agreed. It caught my eye as well and I'm not fond of it. I would be happy if the Reds took it away, but even if they don't I expect there will be a simple mod in the future that will. I want my fights to be clean of artificial visual effects.

avoiding the gooses :) graphics looks better overall

Placebo. Same build. Same graphics.

It's just the person playing had a different style of play, which meant we saw some fresh animations and moves in there that we didn't get in the English version.

perhaps they could show us some game play on twitch kind of like Bioware are doing with DA:I. I think that would be a good format for showing some of the stuff that they think most people would be less interested in but what we would find really cool. they could answer questions whilst one of the devs rides from one side of the map to the other at full gallop or show some higher difficulty game play or just talk about the UI.

Although they'll want to make sure the game is optimized before considering this but it would be cool to help ease the wait a month before th release date.

Well, I have to say that I am more satisfied of this gameplay, because the AI looked more alive and active, especially the one of the bandit equipped only with a sword, because he kept slashing Geralt on his flanks and whenever he was at his back; probably this demo was played at a higher difficulty. Anyway, unfortunately they still walk right in the Yrden signs, even when you cast it miles away from them...

The only things I keep not liking are the too frequent and exaggerated torso and limbs chopping, the animations which are still clunky and somehow simple (I would have liked a wolf bite seizing Geralt by a wrist or a shoulder shaking him to take him down and a more aggressive werewolf trying to take him down to claw and bite him in an easier way. The time needed to escape would be related to your defense and constitution parameters, without QTE.), the werewolf turning red (maybe punching up the muscle growing a little bit more would have given a better feeling) and the camera, that should be a tad closer in my opinion.
I really like how it closes on you when you perform Igni, so I would like that on the more dramatic sword slashes it closed on you as well.
On the other hand I hate that you don't have a specific attack for grounded opponents. Regular swings as a finisher isn't really a good deal for me. And a move of that kind exists since the first Onimusha came out, if not before it. Why going back instead of improving?
One last critic: the shielded guy loses his protection on counterstrike, which is a good mechanic that makes the combat more varied, but the animation is quite weak and recycles regular counterstrike adding only the shield slipping out; well, I'd prefer that Geralt, while kicking or shoulder ramming him, ripped the shield of the thug with the empty hand, throwing it away, or maybe in the face of an opponent next to him.

I'm not sure if the trails on enemy's attack should be removed or not, because they are probably integrated in the gameplay to announce the type of attack the opponent will execute, giving depth and a strategic approach to the combat system.
Maybe the best solution would be to remove the red trail on strong attacks, replacing it with a white, semitransparent trail and to eliminate the trail on the light attack.

Last edited:
Didn't even notice attack strikes until you guys pointed them out. Combat is really fast so I never picked up on them. I only noticed the wolves glowing red eyes.

Also, as for Geralt's sword leaving a sort of attack trail/blur I don't see an issue with that. Kinda fits with the whole "He's so fast his sword is a blur" sort of thing

Last edited:
There's also a screen blur effect being activated when he fights the werewolf, not sure what causes it. And he gets stunned in that fight as well. That was something they took out of TW2. Battles could get really difficult with enemies now having stronger effects on Geralt and two attack styles. With the water hags there's a crazy green streak that is either a fast counter attack or quen doing something. It kills the hag outright.

There's also a screen blur effect being activated when he fights the werewolf, not sure what causes it. And he gets stunned in that fight as well. That was something they took out of TW2. Battles could get really difficult with enemies now having stronger effects on Geralt and two attack styles. With the water hags there's a crazy green streak that is either a fast counter attack or quen doing something. It kills the hag outright.
Yeah, not sure what that was. Shortly after that you can see him activate a potion. The screen flashes but there is no drinking animation

Please, put real boots to ciri and yennefer, it's just stupid
Then fix that damn track monster icon that spoils us that we're hunting a werewolf, even generic-lazy-lowintelligence players would prefer to track an unkown monster and then discover it's a werewolf
Then remove this red lights from wolves, I could understand that they could be controlled and by so emit lights, but you know, light arroves pretty fast in our eyes and the red line is Really dumb, also, don't make it so arcady, it fits world of warcraft or dragon age, but not the witcher world...

Should be fine, man. I'm on a 770 and i5 and I'm not afraid of running it pretty much max'd out. I'm not going to have ubersampling or DOF on because that eats FPS so it won't fully be max'd out. I'm pretty sure when articles say "TW3 can't be max'd out even on this super duper machine" or whatever they mean with ubersampling on which is just an FPS killer.

Remember, this game is running on the Xbox One at settings that don't even look that bad going from the Griffin Hunt gameplay which was an Xbox.

I figured as much.
CDPR are masters in PC optimization no kidding.

Just have to look at Ubisoft (AC Unity) to see how to NOT do it. System recommendations GTX 680 as minimum requirement. Lolz.

Not a fan of the glowing strikes from the werewolf and wolves. Unless something is glowing/reflecting, like the runes on a sword, it shouldn't be illuminated during an attack. Makes it look to "arcady".

Agreed.
LOVE the design of the Werewolf however.

Last edited:
It seems to me that Igni is the new Quen.

OP as hell.

It looks like it's gonna be the "go-to" sign "becuz teh flam3thr0wer". Personally I wish Geralt couldn't use it the way he does in TW3.

OP as hell.

It looks like it's gonna be the "go-to" sign "becuz teh flam3thr0wer". Personally I wish Geralt couldn't use it the way he does in TW3.

You mean TW2?

I like the new version better, but it does seem OP. It stopped that werewolf in his tracks. It's a return to the TW1 version, more like a super heated wave of air. To balance it out, I'd have it consume the most vigor of any sign.

To balance it out, I'd have it consume the most vigor of any sign.

Except now Vigor is that little bar that regens in like 1 second after you cast any sign... Unless it only regenerated so quickly because of the difficulty mode present in the Demo. However from what I could tell, every sign uses up the same amount of 'Vigor', so they would have to make it regen slower AFTER you use the flamethrower.

I dunno, the new Energy/Vigor system is another aspect that hasn't been explained properly and I'm a little worried as to how it's going to work.

Please, put real boots to ciri and yennefer, it's just stupid
Then fix that damn track monster icon that spoils us that we're hunting a werewolf, even generic-lazy-lowintelligence players would prefer to track an unkown monster and then discover it's a werewolf
Then remove this red lights from wolves, I could understand that they could be controlled and by so emit lights, but you know, light arroves pretty fast in our eyes and the red line is Really dumb, also, don't make it so arcady, it fits world of warcraft or dragon age, but not the witcher world...
I agree about the boots, the rest not so much.

Who says the animal icon is the beast we are tracking, could just be the animal/monster that is active in the area at that time. Before dark it shows a picture of the fiend, and we are not hunting a fiend.

And the red eyes, well this way we can see if wolves or other animals are possessed maybe? And by killing the controller we can het rid of the 'trash'. And the effect itself is just a matter of opinion, I don't mind it being there and am sure there will be some option to turn it off. Be it in the game menu, config files or mods.

OP as hell.

Igni was the most OP thing in The Witcher 1 if you leveld it up.

Except now Vigor is that little bar that regens in like 1 second after you cast any sign... Unless it only regenerated so quickly because of the difficulty mode present in the Demo. However from what I could tell, every sign uses up the same amount of 'Vigor', so they would have to make it regen slower AFTER you use the flamethrower.

I dunno, the new Energy/Vigor system is another aspect that hasn't been explained properly and I'm a little worried as to how it's going to work.
Health regens very very fast in the demo too. It's probably a cheat

Last edited:
Stop this. The only actual xbox gameplay was the Griffin hunt. All other gameplay was PC. A dev commented on the forum stating that. I'm trying to find the thread but for some reason the "RED" logos that direct to posts by people from CDprojekt are going away for me

Are you sure? I know they said one of the earlier footages are from PC at max... but I'm referring to the current 35 min. gameplay footage, which is obviously Xbone (look at UI buttons).

Top Bottom