Witcher 3 music

+
Lol. I suppose you don't count the sublime vocal abilities of highly talented singers such as Simone Simons or Sharon Den Adel?

Regarding TW3 music, I would love to hear more instrumental stuff - less vocals. I have a very mixed-to-negative reaction to vocals in the materials released so far.

I'll grant you Simone Simons, though Epica's style is overproduced and would be all wrong here, but Percival has three.

Which reminds me: I'd better pray for more sopranos tomorrow. I do not want to sing soprano again.

So far most of what i`ve heard have been very good tracks and judging from the 4 preorder tracks from GOG I would have to say likewise .and it`s varied . For instance you have
Ladies of the Woods track which has gutsy vocals
Fields of Ard Skellig track which has a haunting melody vocal feel
Merchants of Novigrad which is purely instrumental and has a very soothing feel to it
Hunt or be Hunted which is I guess the best way to describe it is up tempo with a sense of urgency type of feel to it
I`m also quite sure that if the rest of the tracks are like these then i`ll be more than satisfied with the musical score in the game . I`m thinking it was quite a chore to find and create enough music to fill a 100 hour game with so that no track gets old too quickly .

If you're interested in a new piece of music here it is :) It's from Mr. Mikolai Stroinski. Oh and hello in the international Witcher forum :)

https://soundcloud.com/mikolai-stroinski/bonnie-at-morn

I am really happy with Mikolai's contribution to TW3 soundtrack!
For those of you who haven't heard - here's a sublime piece composed by Mikolai for The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

Regarding the song: This appears to be another traditional Scottish folk song, in addition to Fear a' Bhàta (Fields of Ard Skellig). So, this one will play in Skellig area most probably.

Last edited:
Fear a Bhàta and now Bonny at Morn, what a beautiful renditions. :)

But vocals remind me of Scarborough Fair performed by Hayley Westenra.

Last edited:
But vocals remind me of Scarborough Fair performed by Hayley Westenra.
If only it was true...but I don't know, for me, there's something jarring in her tone (I'm talking about "Bonnie At Morn"), which is not the case in the video you've linked. On the positive side, the instrumental was stellar.

Last edited:

It's a nice track, and the vocals are great... But the use of actual words seems a little bit odd for an exploration song. Fields of Ard Skellige for example works brilliantly because it's really simple, the vocals don't overpower the instrumental nature of the song... Whereas in this one the vocals are the main part of the song, and especially when it plays on loop as you explore that runs the possibility of it getting annoying.

Hopefully it won't be so, but this was the first track I've heard that had me a slightly worried just because of it being an exploration track. Nice Vocals is great, and can add a lot, but you don't want it to overpower the instruments and you don't want it to seem like an actual "Song", so I dunno, but we'll wait and see.

I'm sure we will hear tracks without vocals in the future. I'd like to hear more tracks with dark vibe, like Ominous Place and Outskirts at Night.

---------- Updated at 08:12 PM ----------

@Vigilance I think they might do the same thing as Bioware did in Dragon Age: Origins. Remember Leliana's Song?

Last edited:
Top Bottom