Character Appearances

+
I really don't see the problem.

Vesemir looks like a badass Zaporozhian cossack with that stache and hairstyle. All cool in my book. Not to mention that his English VA just oozes wisdom and experience - it's gonna be fine, don't fret.

I really don't see the problem.

Vesemir looks like a badass Zaporozhian cossack with that stache and hairstyle. All cool in my book. Not to mention that his English VA just oozes wisdom and experience - it's gonna be fine, don't fret.

Does he look like...

This man:

View attachment 6987
No, more like the ordinary old man.

Attachments

• 800xdsc_0090.jpg
    800xdsc_0090.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 74
Another thing that I noticed was that Geralt seemed to be much taller than Vesemir.
View attachment 7042

This leads to two possibilities. Either Geralt is too tall or Vesemir is too short. I always had the impression that Geralt was average in height and weight, something in the lines of 5'10"-6' and weighing 170-190 lbs.

Attachments

• tallll.jpg
    tallll.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 55
Before you get too upset by that I'd just mention that my father was 5'10", I am 5'5" and taller than he is now. A combination of posture changes, and the erosion of cartilage in joints mainly. It is a near universal with ageing, even though it doesn't always affect all equally. I can comfortably accept it for Vesemir, even though he ages slower, because he is so very, very old.

Anyone else think the first Yennefer looked better besides the hair? I feel this new one in the CG intro looks a bit plain, I don't know. :/

Anyone else think the first Yennefer looked better besides the hair? I feel this new one in the CG intro looks a bit plain, I don't know. :/
I wouldn't assume the CGI Yennefer looks similar to her in-game model. Look at the difference between CGI geralt and in-game geralt

As for the Wild Hunt Eredin redesign: I think they could have kept both. The old armor looks like armor you'd wear when trying to be intimidating in a raid and the new armor looks like more casual armor to wear. He could have easily worn both

Last edited:
Eredins first armor looked good but was far to large and bulky.I much prefer the redesign altough i think his skull helmet is a bit to small.

Posts moved, let's focus on talking about character appearances in this thread, okay?

Last edited:
Talking about only once asked now: (sorry for the mess reptilepz, this time is for character design :p)

Looking further, aren't spikes at all, but the man in the left has those... Bars/squared horns? They aren't practical,also eredin has this "crown". No one of both features looks ugly, though; but useless, and in real world spikes only makes mess

But then both carries swords with spikes,that looks uggly and isn't efficiently for combat (again, not functional design)

I don't really see anything that would hinder fighting capability. His shoulder pads provide visibility but also offer some protection from arrows or sword slashes aimed at his head. Hell, the little holes in his helmet probably impact his visibility more than anything else. The little bits behind his head don't really hinder anything that I would see. They can protect from sword hits aimed at his head from behind too.

The one thing that makes me curious is the little spike bit on the sword. Now, maybe there is a sword in the world like that but I am really not sure what purpose that could serve.

Eredin looks OK to me. Yeah, he has a crown but he's a leader so he probably wants to show off a bit. I like his rib style chest protection

Last edited:
A spike like that would be greatly impractical; you could not draw or sheathe such a sword. The rib cage style armor is likewise impractical: it is fatally vulnerable to half-swording and dagger strikes.

Practicality is fun to argue about, but I feel it misses the point: this is not a real world but a nightmare, and these creatures are the product of a terrified imagination.

A spike like that would be greatly impractical; you could not draw or sheathe such a sword. The rib cage style armor is likewise impractical: it is fatally vulnerable to half-swording and dagger strikes.

Practicality is fun to argue about, but I feel it misses the point: this is not a real world but a nightmare, and these creatures are the product of a terrified imagination.
Yeah, the sword bit is really weird even from a style standpoint. I like the rib cage armor from a style standpoint

Also, here's the concept art on the one guy. I think the concept looks better. I like the consistent little piller design that goes around his head more and the fact that he uses a hammer. Maybe he will use a hammer in the game instead of a sword. Spoiler because the image is huge.

I think if you're trying to look menacing and "nightmare" freaky, then the old design was a bit better... However the new design still fits that bill very sufficiently.

If I was a peasant, perhaps even a soldier, and saw any one of those motherfuckers running towards me (Eredin in this description) I'd be shitting my pants. His old design would probably have me shitting and pissing simultaneously, but the new design would definitely still have me shitting myself.
Also I think his Eredin's new design actually feels LESS generic compared to the old one. The old one was VERY reminiscent of Sauron, yes it's menacing, but it still felt really familiar. However the new design feels much more unique and "in a world of its own".

These are old as fuck Elves who have surely mastered their own way of fighting efficiently in the armor they don, and as long as they can still fight alright in their armor it's okay because it's most likely more-so about the menacing aspect.

The only thing about the Leaders design which I find odd, is the lack of Scabbards. If they keep swords on their backs, then that's a little odd because those bars and spikes very well might get in the way of drawing your sword, however if they had a scabbard at the hip, then it's fine. However I don't see a scabbard anywhere, so that's a little confusing, unless they're magic or some shit.

Last edited:
generally just too bulbous. plate armor also tends to conform to the body. it shouldn't jut out like on the front of the thighs

These are old as fuck Elves who have surely mastered their own way of fighting efficiently in the armor they don, and as long as they can still fight alright in their armor it's okay because it's most likely more-so about the menacing aspect.

The only thing about the Leaders design which I find odd, is the lack of Scabbards. If they keep swords on their backs, then that's a little odd because those bars and spikes very well might get in the way of drawing your sword, however if they had a scabbard at the hip, then it's fine. However I don't see a scabbard anywhere, so that's a little confusing, unless they're magic or some shit.
Well maybe, Old as fuck elves are too cool for scabbards.

Looks like
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
They use magnets

I have heard that design of Eredin was changed because new art director is that true?

Also Sauron looks like cheap cosplayer compared

to this

I hope reds will relese old model so the moders will create something to restore his apperance

Last edited:
TO be honest I still like the "Sauron design" more.
If they would at least make the current design of the king of the wild hunt BLACK instead of grey/bony/reddish.
Would be cooler and more menacing IMO. Just change the colors.

Still found that even if some people say the old design looked like Sauron in the end it looked creative and unique enough IMO.

What's weird to me is that he doesn't look like the "King" of the Wild Hunt anymore like he's just a regular dude among them.

This

That "reddish" color just rubs me the wrong way

And this

I think they've struggled with Eredin. His current design is lacking compared to his generals, both of whom have a distinct look while his has become more generic.

However, characters like Sauron should be beyond all that, they are supposed to be mystical, not practical. To me, the new model doesn't look as menacing and awe inspiring as the previous version. I'd be relieved if that turns out to be one of the knights, not the leader.

Exactly.

I mean, this one is important people. It's the games main villain/antagonist. This has to have the right tone and his design has to speak to people in order to convey the narrative tone properly. And at the moment - for me - it doesn't.

IMO this:

is more similar to version 1 (older version) than version 2 (the new "final" one) of Eredin.
Especially the menacing black color and the bulky armor make him threatening.
Would they combine the skull of the version 2 with the shoulder-armor of version 1 and make the rest of the armor of version 2 (which is more similar to version 1) black instead of reddish, or at least more blood-red rather than leather-red (dark red I mean, like the color of blood mixed with black parts) then I think it might work just well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom