Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
I'd say it's very much debatable, it may feel like the right choice for you, but somebody who disagrees can bring up equally valid points, meaningthere is no right answer.

Actually there very much is a right answer. One guy is better at ruling then the other with indisputable facts to back it up. That you might feel the need to kill him/side against him doesn't change that.

Bhelen is a far better king then Harrowmont.

People preferring to make a stupid decision for whatever their reason doesn't change that it's ultimately stupid and guess what, games are better for it when you can make dumb choices and they react to it.

Own up to your own decisions. Arguing that you sided/killed someone regardless of logic because you found them horrible is at least honest. Trying to sell others that as anything else is just pathetic.

Last edited:
We don't know the details, but they said they are not going back to the DA:O system of approval... ever.

In that santa Qunari video I linked you can see a short conversation between PC and Cassandra. You pay her sort of a compliment and a text appears saying that she 'slightly approves'. I do recall reading that you can finish the game with only one companion - the rest can leave if their dissaproval of your actions grows too much.

I see... well the DA:O system was a little basic but then so was the DA2 system. Hopefully the one they've got for DA:I is a little more sophisticated.
I'm also wondering if certain characters will have different base levels of approval depending on who you are/your race. Like it would make sense for (idk the right word for this so i'm going to use patriotic) patriotic elves to automatically like someone more if they are an elf.

Likewise, it would be weird imo, for Cullen and Dorian/Vivienne to both start with the same base approval of someone who is a mage. Especially because depending on how DA2 ends, Cullen probably has even more reasons to dislike mages.

Own to your own decisions. Arguing that you sided/killed someone regardless of logic because you found them horrible is at least honest. Trying to sell others that as anything else is pathetic.

Yep. I kill Loghain every time despite knowing why he did what he did and agreeing with half of it, mainly abandoning king Cailan since that fight was doomed to fail from the start. My decision to kill him is strictly from a roleplaying standpoint, based off of emotion and pride. And I'm fine with that.

Actually there very much is a right answer. One guy is better at ruling then the other with indisputable facts to back it up. That you might feel the need to kill him/side against him doesn't change that.

Bhelen is a far better king then Harrowmont.

People preferring to make a stupid decision for whatever their reason doesn't change that it's ultimately stupid and guess what, games are better for it when you can make dumb choices and they react to it.

Own up to your own decisions. Arguing that you sided/killed someone regardless of logic because you found them horrible is at least honest. Trying to sell others that as anything else is just pathetic.

First off,

Secondly, I actually picked Bhelen, but I can see why someone would pick Harrowmont for perfectly valid reasons.

Thirdly, no need to get aggressive :)

Lastly, this is still off-topic. So, if you feel the need to respond (and in a nicer tone), please do so via PM.

No opinion there, there are choices that are stupid and others less so, the developers themselves design them so and games would be lesser without them.

All I see is some people trying rationalize stupid decisions by selling them as more then they are instead of standing by the things they've done and their reasons. I make my own fair share of stupid decisions, such as killing companions purely because I dislike them and nothing else.

If there's one thing I would like to see in DA:I it's a failure state long before the ending because you screwed everything up. Something Mass Effect 3 should have had.

That or something like Alpha Protocol where everyone in the game would berate you for being an imbecile. It was awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUydx57te9s

Last edited:
All I see is some people trying rationalize stupid decisions by selling them as more then they are instead of standing by the things they've done and their reasons. I make my own fair share of stupid decisions, such as killing companions purely because I dislike them and nothing else.

In fairness with Bioware characters that's just improving the gene pool though.

Edit: And now i've got to replay AP again, bugger.

Last edited:

One hour of gameplay from Hinterlands [I think?], the first area you visit in the game [after the prologue].

like in Tuchanka for example
My most enjoyed mission of ME3, and one of the best of the trilogy in general.

Don't be fooled by the casual friendly title. This video is actually really in-depth.

Also!

Polygon impressions of the first 5 hours
Ahk, my excitement for the game is growing by the video. For many months I was lukewarm about the game, but recently it's won me over. It'll be a very long wait before I play it, though. At least I know that building a computer with TW3 in mind probably means I can max this out as well.

Don't be fooled by the casual friendly title. This video is actually really in-depth.

Also!

Polygon impressions of the first 5 hours

That written review has made me soooooooooooo excited ermagerd. I need to play this game so badly Bioware please mail me a copy <3333
The video as well looks awesome. Damn it I'm glad I pre-ordered this. I cannot wait to play. I especially love the way they've redesigned the characters from DA2 to DA:I. The transition from DA:O to DA2 was not very good imo (both Alistair and Zevran looked bad in DA2) but the transition this time has definitely made Varric and Cassandra look amazing.

So much hype.

I'm still a little, little bit cautious though.

Game looks fine, but all those previews that I watched/read now have been mostly positive and without substance. Where are flaws? What's with the bugs? C'mon, there are no perfect games, tell us something.

I guess that's the price for an early access to the game. I'm glad that the embargo for reviews ends a week before release.

I'm still a little, little bit cautious though.

Game looks fine, but all those previews that I watched/read now have been mostly positive and without substance. Where are flaws? What's with the bugs? C'mon, there are no perfect games, tell us something.

I guess that's the price for an early access to the game. I'm glad that the embargo for reviews ends a week before release.
True. I think that if a game is mostly solid and overall good\great, then your first impressions are as such, and only later the more in-depth articles will pop up. So the lack of criticism can either mean that BioWare truly did a great job, or... well, yeah, the bad option of dishonesty.

Yeah, previews should always be taken with a grain of salt. Problem is that sometimes applies to reviews as well... but that's beside the point.

As a person that is not a huge fan of having stuff on a map for the sake of having stuff on a map, I have to say the way DA:I seems to be handling exploration encouragement is not to my liking. Seems like there's a lot of pointless stuff to collect, which is supposed to make me go out of my way to find it. I don't personally like that, I find it's a cheap and uninteresting way to squeeze more playtime out of your game, but I know it works for a lot (and I do mean a lot) of other people (Arkham games and pretty much every recent Ubisoft open world are examples of this).

Yeah, previews should always be taken with a grain of salt. Problem is that sometimes applies to reviews as well... but that's beside the point.

As a person that is not a huge fan of having stuff on a map for the sake of having stuff on a map, I have to say the way DA:I seems to be handling exploration encouragement is not to my liking. Seems like there's a lot of pointless stuff to collect, which is supposed to make me go out of my way to find it. I don't personally like that, I find it's a cheap and uninteresting way to squeeze more playtime out of your game, but I know it works for a lot (and I do mean a lot) of other people (Arkham games and pretty much every recent Ubisoft open world are examples of this).

I'm not sure they're pointless exactly. The more stuff you do for the people in the area, the more influence the inquisition gains.

Anyway I don't care about that so much what I do care about is wtf Cullen is doing with his leg in this gif

Templar flirting technique?

@Princess_Ciri I was talking more about the finding random, inconsequential stuff as a reward for exploring. I understand why it's done, I just personally don't like it. As I said though, it's a personal preference, one that, evidently, the majority of the market does not share.

^He's got his foot up on a stool or bench.

With Bhelen, the thing is, you can't know it's the best choice except by metaknowledge. There are hints of it in the game, but subtle and easily missed, and most Wardens wouldn't know one from the other. So it's a valid roleplay choice. Harrowmont is almost a gotcha for those used to getting their way with the "good" choice (like in most of Mass Effect).

DAI: I don't trust previews, I don't trust media reviews. Remember all too clearly the "RPG of the decade" crap about DA2. I'll wait until people I trust play it.

One thing's for sure - it's the best character creator they've done yet. In depth crafting too, way better than the last games.

DAI: I don't trust previews, I don't trust media reviews. Remember all too clearly the "RPG of the decade" crap about DA2. I'll wait until people I trust play it.
I didn't follow gaming media then. Reviews actually called it that? Or previews? Or marketing?

Top Bottom