Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
Same... the biggest letdown for me so far is no origin stories. Like... WOW. That was supposed to be the best thing about being a Qunari, especially a mage Qunari.

I think they really misjudged the situation and assumed that making DA:I an open world game would instanty give it crazy amount of sales, like Skyrim had. But guess what, when I'm buying a Bioware game, I'm expecting the type of game they've always made, albeit more polished one. Not some half-assed attempt to copy TES. This is especially true when it comes from an already established franchise like DA. Certain things are kind of expected of it. A full playthrough of DAO(without Awakening) took me rougly 20-25 hours. If DA:I is really 120 hrs long, that makes it like five times bigger. Did they write five times more dialogue for companions and such? Probably not, because that would cost way too much with all the voice acting. Now if the writing itself actually improved, that wouldn't matter much because it would be too spread out and hard to notice in that ocean of a game. Or maybe it will look like the only bright spot here and there. All that could lead to DA:I missng certain chemistry within your group, the one some other their games had, which became sort of a trademark(at least for me). /SIgh

If BW really wanted to experement with open world and grab some more audience, they were probably better off doing it with some separate game.

http://youtu.be/VqVC0_Z5AJ4?t=1m51s interesting conversation between Cole and Blackwall....
Cole is cute, I am loving his character design already. He's a little weird and behaves like he's in a dream. Love this style of character. Ugh I hate/love how difficult it is going to be for me to decide who to bring me with. I guess I'm going to have to switch it up every time because so far I can't think of a character I don't like.

I REALLY like that snowy area

In Dragon Age, yes, which is why I still say making this kind of game open world was a mistake. Not every rpg can or should try pulling that off.

Yes...and the rule does not extend only to BioWare. I mean I have no qualms about it being open world, what worries me is the size.

Last edited:
http://youtu.be/VqVC0_Z5AJ4?t=1m51s interesting conversation between Cole and Blackwall....
Cole is cute, I am loving his character design already. He's a little weird and behaves like he's in a dream. Love this style of character. Ugh I hate/love how difficult it is going to be for me to decide who to bring me with. I guess I'm going to have to switch it up every time because so far I can't think of a character I don't like.

"Hey Cole. Say something interesting."

"Something interesting."

:hmm:

I feel like Blackwall and I are kindred spirits.

"Hey Cole. Say something interesting."

"Something interesting."

:hmm:

I feel like Blackwall and I are kindred spirits.

This is twice now Cole has said something funny. Didn't bioware show a quest (idk if it was an actual quest tbh) where you have to go and tell Cole to stop stealing knives from the kitchens?

Our sense of humor is just different, lol. I'm not saying he won't be funny. Just saying I haven't seen it thus far. He reminds me of Wonderweiss from Bleach.

Our sense of humor is just different, lol. I'm not saying he won't be funny. Just saying I haven't seen it thus far. He reminds me of Wonderweiss from Bleach.

I don't really feel that connection. Cole's weird but he's not an idiot. Wonderweiss was stupid.

So the game apparently has almost minute long loading screens between areas on PC. Combined with the fetch quest overload, this probably killed the last few drops of hype I may have had left.

Last edited:
I'm sure that depends on how DAI sells.

I think they really misjudged the situation and assumed that making DA:I an open world game would instanty give it crazy amount of sales, like Skyrim had. But guess what, when I'm buying a Bioware game, I'm expecting the type of game they've always made, albeit more polished one. Not some half-assed attempt to copy TES. This is especially true when it comes from an already established franchise like DA. Certain things are kind of expected of it. A full playthrough of DAO(without Awakening) took me rougly 20-25 hours. If DA:I is really 120 hrs long, that makes it like five times bigger. Did they write five times more dialogue for companions and such? Probably not, because that would cost way too much with all the voice acting. Now if the writing itself actually improved, that wouldn't matter much because it would be too spread out and hard to notice in that ocean of a game. Or maybe it will look like the only bright spot here and there. All that could lead to DA:I missng certain chemistry within your group, the one some other their games had, which became sort of a trademark(at least for me). /SIgh

If BW really wanted to experement with open world and grab some more audience, they were probably better off doing it with some separate game.
Did someone say the game had 80,000 words of dialogue? Or was that lines? DAO had 742,000 words, as comparison.

This looks good. Nothing massively surprising or new but god damn Dorian is hot.
Also the more I see/hear of Cassandra the more I like her.

Top Bottom