Game Journalism - Unfit for purpose?

+

Game Journalism - Unfit for purpose?

• Total voters
I would never buy or purchase anything just to spite someone. That doesn't make much sense to me. I thought Hatred looked like a stupid ass game as soon as I saw it, and couldn't help but laugh at how comically edgy that trailer was. I fully support their game's right to exist, but the only thing that's going to make me buy or not buy a game is me.

Lol you're all free to do what you wish, but to me, it sounds like exactly what the developers wanted. I'm not falling for that. A petition isn't going to do a damn thing, especially not from Change.org, lol. They don't need my money anyway. The free market will do what it will.

Holy shit. Does he think this isn't going to help GG take down his advertisers? This is just more fuel to send to them

@Docttj He has zero self-awareness and obviously he's a king of the fucknig universe so that's not surprising that he doesn't know shit.

I would never buy or purchase anything just to spite someone. That doesn't make much sense to me. I thought Hatred looked like a stupid ass game as soon as I saw it, and couldn't help but laugh at how comically edgy that trailer was. I fully support their game's right to exist, but the only thing that's going to make me buy or not buy a game is me.

Neither would I but I must say, buying games like Bayonetta, Dead or Alive and Witcher is made extra sweeter due to how the SJW fucktards don't like them.

With regards to Hatred, it being an isometric shooter has piqued my interest. Will buy if it turns out to be good.

Hatred really shows how many SJW's are just the same people as the "Video games cause violence" crowd. It's the same wolf in a different sheep skin trying to censor video games. Go look at tweets when Hatred first had its trailer released. You'll see many tweets from the "Video games are sexist" crowd complaining about the violence. Hatred is just Postal 1 in HD and the people saying "BUT POSTAL HAD HUMOR" have never ever played the first Postal.

+1

Nowadays, "what about the chillrin" and "games cause violence" has been replaced with cries of muh soggy knee and how not having enough gays,transgers and black crippled midget otherkins is "harmful" to society.

Anita, Leigh Alexander,etc need to be to fuck off just like how Tipper Gore and the PMRC were by the music industry back in the 80s.

It is nice when games you already like piss them off. But that's the best way I can think of to combat them. Ignore them (when it comes to what games you like) and continue to buy what you already would have.

Them making a big fuss over a game and me purchasing it solely for that reason really means they win, because they bothered you enough to fall for some grade A (or F, depending how you look at it) marketing ploys and cost you money in the process.

Last edited:
That Chu interview was one of the most hilarious crap I have ever seen so far, hahahahahaha

Good on David Pakman remaining so calm during this interview, he nuked Chu up, hahahahahaa :p

Even if you don't watch the full Chu interview, it's worth it to skip ahead to ~20:45 for the disgruntled sigh.

Anyway, I posted this on GOG but figure it's probably worth posting here as well. An Anonymous person got into contact with Wu awhile back (link), and just hours later, a post went up on said person's site making a death threat against her (proof that it's their site one and two). That led to twitter accounts set up to tweet out anything posted on that site all making automated death threats against Wu (see the last tweet here) that she later claimed was "an avalanche of further death threats." Soon after, the Anonymous person is confronted about the "op" and doesn't deny it, only stating that they don't follow leaders "to get orders."

So this person is responsible for at least some of her death threats.

A long time before Gamer's Gate I have been posting threads on some forums that Gaming Journalism seems utterly pointless and broken to it's core. I mean EVERY AAA title gets ridiculously high scores. Even when they are not working.

The best way to sum up real critics and "professional" magazine critics is to watch Rome Total War 2 review by Angry Joe and by IGN. And that's it there you have it.

Angry Joe's my boi. He may not be pro GG, and ignorant to the subject, but you can't have everyone. He's both entertaining and for the most part, accurate in his judgement.

Top Bottom