Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
What about this rule then?

A pimp named slickback said it best:

[video=youtube;aRHzm-wPTr8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRHzm-wPTr8[/video]

Haha, lol. Always choose the poon. That's true in survival horror, and life in general. Bros made that rule because they don't want their bros to have hoes. That's why friends claim you spend too much time with your girl and not them. Survival tactic.

Only time it's not true is when you start acting whipped and you lose yourself. Geralt is my boy and has bitches for days. He doesn't need my support.

Haha :lol:

Didn't know you would take my response so seriously @Unkindled

I was just using one silly rule to respond to other silly rule. I don't follow them in RL and can shuffle time between my GF and close friends [that I know since waaaay back]. Hell, my GF is happy that she actually knows the people I am spending time with when I'm not with her and my friends are all adults now - they know women come first, so no hard feelings if I can't go drinking with them :p

I was just using one silly rule to respond to other silly rule. I don't follow them in RL and can shuffle time between my GF and close friends [that I know since waaaay back]. Hell, my GF is happy that she actually knows the people I am spending time with when I'm not with her and my friends are all adults now - they know women come first, so no hard feelings if I can't go drinking with them :p

Oh you have no idea. Ever see "How I Met Your Mother?" It's like Barney and his literal Bro Code, but in reverse. I call it the "Poon Code", and the book is one page long, because it only has two sentences. "Always choose the poon. Unless it compromises your manhood."

Wise words to live by, I think ;) lol

I don't know why but in my head I always assumed you were a girl.

I don't know why but in my head I always assumed you were a girl.

:lol:

Maybe I'm a Lesbian and have male friends? :p

It's the cat in the avatar, right? Chicks love them cats.

Edit: To cut off-topic. Preview of DA:I done by Gopher. PC footage.

Oh and this as well.

Last edited:
I feel like at this point, none of the videos bring anything new. None of them got further than 4 hours in so... until we have people getting further we can't find out what happens after that.

I've been curious about DAI all this time but I don't think Bioware will live up to our expectations. Like someone said, it's almost like a less embarrassing DA2. And DA2's problems go well beyond shallow companions. Most issues have not been addressed. I could try this eventually but not if it's an Origin exclusive.

Regarding that poll, I think it's more symbolic than it seems. I don't think we are voting for "cleavage" vs "armor". All things considered, I think it's more of a "which game are you looking forward to", especially since it's sponsored by Origin. This is hilarious because Geralt is winning, 60% at the moment. I see it as an opportunity to tell Bioware/EA "flashy graphics are not enough, you pretentious little f..."

Last edited:
I honestly don't care what it may or may not be symbolic of, I prefer Witcher, and me voting for Morrigan has nothing to do with who I like more as characters between those two. They're too different to even compare, just like Witcher and Dragon Age themselves, even Origins.

It's just a damn poll, people. It's money that talks, and DA 2 showed that it takes more than hype and marketing to sell a game well. If they haven't learned that lesson, then the $$$ will show them again until they do.

DA2 was an unfinished game. That's enough to give it problems, and it's why EA gave Bioware more time this time.

I don't think DA:I will be as well received as Origins (I think considering the nostalgia some people have for that game, most people will never be happy with anything but Origins) but I don't think it will be as bad as some of you seem to think.

So now I am playing BG for the first time and I don't see why people are reacting to "silly characters and dress" as they are when it comes to DA:I, it's been in the BioWare DNA since the beginning. Granted, I am only at the very beginning of the game but it feels very familiar. You have master Gorion who you know will die and find out that people are after you (probably because you are special). Imoen reminds me of Sera and that guy Xsar (is that how he's called?) is more queer than anything BioWare have made lately, I mean LOOK AT HIM

He also speaks in a very effiminate way and squeaks "Stop touching me" like you are giving him forced anal sex (without lube) and says "your voice is ambrosia" when you click him, Unfortunately he died and I can't find a way to ressurect him. The combat also feels familiar but terribly clunky.

At one point there was this mage chick that was attacked by a bunch of guys in the southern town. You had three options. You help her, you ignore her, you are an asshole to her. Sounds familiar?

I honestly don't know what you people are complaining about, look at how people look in this game

What the hell are you complaining about? You are getting exactly what you see here. Maybe my fresh impressions of this classic game will prove useful to you, Just like it happens with Doom, it seems that people only remember what they want to about a classic game.

Last edited:
Looks exactly like the early inquisition art someone posted a good bit earlier in this thread. I never played Baldur's Gate though so that doesn't apply to me. I'd dislike the look of people like vivienne no matter the game. I really hated the look of armor in Origins as well, but the look of the game obviously didn't bother me enough to not like it. Problem is it got worse. And worse.

That's the least of my worries for the game atm, though. Not surprised to find BG isn't what people cracked it up to be.

You actually won't see much from your companions in BG1. Just some occasional banters here and there. Or some fights between incompletable ones. BG2 is the game where it all begins. Conversations, romances and all that.

Last edited:
As for people like the ones I've posted and VIvienne, I wouldn't stay near them in real life but I think their extravaganza is an interesting topic to explore in fiction, hence why I like them.

You actually won't see much from your companions in BG1. Just some occasional banters here and there. Or some fights between incompletable ones. BG2 is the game where it all begins. Conversations, romances and all that.

So I am not missing much if I skip the first game'?

Last edited:
So I am not missing much if I skip the first game'?
Well if companions are the only thing you are interested in, then probaly not. However the first game certainly has it's moments, some good dungeons and plenty of exploration. And it can help you to get the hang of the rules, even though on low levels the game is a bore in terms of gameplay. In BG2 you start at lvl 7(lvl cap in the first game is between lvl 7-9, depending on a class, if you didn't multi- or dual-class). It continues the story of the character you created in the first one, so if you start there, I would recommend at least reading the recap of the BG1 storyline.

Last edited:
So there is some unique backstory for each character. That's good. Not nearly extensive as the Origins one, but certainly better then nothing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom