The General Videogame Thread

+
RO is my favorite shooter, honestly. Not that I'm good at it, but I really love it. I've never had the issue with unlocking everything at once, though. That's crazy.

I don't know what the hell happened, this was like two or three weeks after launch though, but IIRC that last match had all anti-cheat measures on.

But a couple days before that I had the greatest and funniest set of matches. The player in the role of the commander(we we're Soviet) would play Joseph Stalin quotes into his mic while doing ridiculous shit: Call artillery on us if there was at least one enemy German or charge into battle with his pistol. One match I set up a sniper area and some other guy came up there to also snipe. The commander told him to go elsewhere for strategy purposes and said player refused. "Joseph Stalin" shot him in the head.

That guy was too fucking funny.

I love RO 1 and 2. Started playing Insurgency which is kind of similar to it recently. Way better sounds than Red Orchestra though

I love RO 1 and 2. Started playing Insurgency which is kind of similar to it recently. Way better sounds than Red Orchestra though

Insurgency. Definitely want to go cover to cover, not as run and gun as CoD. It's an okay game, I like the sounds too, but I've had issues with it crashing to desktop when an explosion happens too close to me, but I think they may have fixed that... Right now my internet's just in and out so I can't play anything I want to. I was actually just trying to play some Insurgency with my brother... Can't get through a single round without internet going out again.

But a couple days before that I had the greatest and funniest set of matches. The player in the role of the commander(we we're Soviet) would play Joseph Stalin quotes into his mic while doing ridiculous shit: Call artillery on us if there was at least one enemy German or charge into battle with his pistol. One match I set up a sniper area and some other guy came up there to also snipe. The commander told him to go elsewhere for strategy purposes and said player refused. "Joseph Stalin" shot him in the head.

That guy was too fucking funny.

You should hear the guys on the Japanese side playing Rising Storm. x)
I love it when someone grabs a katana from a Japanese and runs around killing them. Priceless

Last edited:
Yeah probably going to get it again soon, thanks for the convincing guys(and me).
@Lyfia

Might want to edit "Jap" to Japanese. Dunno' where you're from but it's usually considered racist.

That's like considering "Brit" or "Aussie" racist. It's silly.

Did the devs ever say anything more about the supposed vietnam expansion to RO2? Wait, I think I'm thinking of some mod and not an official expansion

Yeah probably going to get it again soon, thanks for the convincing guys(and me).
@Lyfia

Might want to edit "Jap" to Japanese. Dunno' where you're from but it's usually considered racist.

Wow, changed... Sorry, I didn't know that. :( It's how everyone I've gamed with refers to them. I guess it's just how us Americans call it. I meant no offense. Thank you for informing me!!!

EDIT: I never thought about it but you hear the U.S. soldiers calling the Japanese that at the beginning of almost every round. I never thought of it as a derogatory thing.

Last edited:
Lol, you don't have to apologise. Most people wouldn't think of it just being a shortened term, but you can blame old propaganda. Really I think it applies in US and Japan.

Anyways I didn't mean to go this far into off-topic.

I wish they'd drop the cutesy art style, but an FPS from Blizzard? Count me in. Nice to see them doing something different.

I have the almighty Doom, Quake and Duke 3D for that.

I am not 100% sure as of yet why I don't like it...will probably have an answer tommorow.

It's old school FPS man. What's not to love? Like Unreal, TF2 and Shadow Warrior had a baby.
It just doesn't look like it's bringing anything new to the table. It looks like another team based cartoony shooter that people will probably play for a while and then go back to TF2. Just like Gotham City Impostors. Blizzard is such a big company with so many creative people working there and their new IP is this? That's just really sad to me.

People are seriously surprised Blizz are ripping off existing games? Isn't that basically their mantra? It's just that they do it so well that they can get away with it.

We've hardly seen anything of this game, and I for one will hope to get into beta and see how it is. There are some interesting things in there that piqued my interest.

It just doesn't look like it's bringing anything new to the table. It looks like another team based cartoony shooter that people will probably play for a while and then go back to TF2. Just like Gotham City Impostors. Blizzard is such a big company with so many creative people working there and their new IP is this? That's just really sad to me.

It is pretty derivative. I see half a dozen other shooters in there. But Blizzard brings a wealth of experience when it comes to classes and balance, and their post release support is among the best. When they create a new IP, they're in it for the long haul. That gameplay montage at the end where they show the movement traversal puts Titanfall to shame. I loved the time warp chick, that was fucking awesome.

Top Bottom