Wasteland 2

+
Ok, GOG released the patch so today I can go to California. This time I will try to be less trigger happy, but when I see some bastards shooting innocent people it's hard to just watch. Last time in Rodia I had just blow up the gate and cleared city hard way :D
Btw, this is another reason why I like this game, you can resolve things in many ways.

Ok, GOG released the patch so today I can go to California. This time I will try to be less trigger happy, but when I see some bastards shooting innocent people it's hard to just watch. Last time in Rodia I had just blow up the gate and cleared city hard way :D
Btw, this is another reason why I like this game, you can resolve things in many ways.
I did the same, but this time I will go slowly and undermine those jerks first (actually Jerks, with capital J, since it's their official name :D). There are like 4 or 5 quests which you miss otherwise.

Installing patch 2 right now - even with patch exe and game files all on my SSD, this takes waaaaaaaay too long.
€: finally done... 'some errors occurred. see patch log.txt for details.' Modded Assembly-Csharp.dll messed up everything. NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Last edited:
Been playing WL2 a bit more. Finally reached the Canyon and I'm having a blast (get it? ;)) in this area. It's just so damn big!! I realize I will have to play several times, just like in the old days.

Right now I'm trying to traverse the canyon and collect radioactive goop as a tribute, sorting out beasts and the occasional silver back. In fact I reached a corner of a map with a fridge... and

ended up finding their base!

What the hell is the deal with those guys? Should I go in?

Also, how can I collect so much goop if the barrels are guarded by raiders with monks and I am not supposed to attack them? Guess there's more goop elsewhere.

Oh and, as it probably happened to you, I had to rethink my whole approach when

Angela left the party.

And I was so assault rifle centered. I also miss brute force and weaponsmithing. Now I know... for the second run.

Found some AK-47's but my modded M16's are quite better.

Anyway, the game might not be all it could have but considering the conditions for its creation I'd say it is quite great so far.

I had sided with militia, monks were too crazy for me :)
Also, how can I collect so much goop if the barrels are guarded by raiders with monks and I am not supposed to attack them? Guess there's more goop elsewhere.
Don't worry too much, you can kill all riders you want, just don't get nuked :D I have cleared whole canyon in my first run, and it was still posibble to reach all possible canyon endings. If your monk is still alive, you can bribe guy guarding barrel.

Go in, hear their side of the story, 'agree' to their offer (or not, should you absolutely not want to have anything to do with them, could get hairy though) and then do the same at the monks HQ.
Can't hurt to hear out all the parties involved before doing something rash, now can it?
If I remember correctly, you can also get all the necessary goop without having to engage in a conflict with the mentioned raiders/monks combo. There should be enough barrels in the Canyon of Titan and the Temple of Titan areas you can just get goop out of, while others may require you to waste a couple of honey badgers/gila monitors guarding them or doing successful hard-ass, kiss-ass, smart-ass checks on raiders claiming the barrels as their property beforehand.

You're also locked out of some quests or vendors at the monks HQ in case you killed any monk (even in self defense) along the way, so you might want to take that into consideration (if it's not too late). It's also a little bit harder to gain access in this case, since they demand double the amount of goop then.

Last edited:
Thanks guys.

Yes my monk is still alive and yes they are some crazy bastards. I'm only by the HQ entrance so I guess I will find enough waste soon enough.

I'll listen to what the military guys have to say. My rangers are sort of nosy peacekeepers anyway, words over guns but guns if things go awry.

Having lots of fun. Already thinking about a second playthrough!

Last edited:
I also had quite some problems after the surprising leave of Angela. Rule for further playthroughs: Drop her at the first possible moment. She just steals XP from permanently available companions. Considering the different sides at the canyon:
I sided with both the monks and the DBM, then killed everyone at the DBM HQ and finally dismantled the Titan - no DBM, no monks left in the valley. Momentary chaos and anarchy in the valley, but none of the both sides can be trusted on the long run.

I sided with both the monks and the DBM, then killed everyone at the DBM HQ and finally dismantled the Titan - no DBM, no monks left in the valley. Momentary chaos and anarchy in the valley, but none of the both sides can be trusted on the long run.

I sided with DBM at first, but after that I disabled the Titan, I didn't trust them enough to give them nuclear weapon. This way they govern the canyon, but shouldn't be a threat for rangers.

Came back from Damonta and Silo 7. That was a tough decision, made me think for over a day. I miss this level of commitment in cRPG's.

Now before I go to L.A. I'm wrapping things up. Left things kind of messy at the prison and now I'm dealing with Danforth. Went to the farm and was attacked by everyone, and sadly little Jamie the Robot keeps rushing to his untimely death. Is there a way to prevent him from running towards the enemy? I'd like to keep him for a while longer, but he's just such an idiot.

No, Discobots are suicidal by design... Your only chance might be to have your entire team close to him, so he doesn't draw all the enemies to himself.

By design meaning it's hard coded? Not programmed? Why can't I change his behavior into something else? I have two party members with computer skills and more than enough in real life! Sigh...

OK that was a metagame rant :p. I get it, but I still feel bad about that sad little idiot. I'd like to have a real robot NPC like in Fallout 2. Perhaps in L.A!?!

Anyway I see nobody game Jamie any form of an inference engine, a risk detection module or a plan-based decision maker. He's just, well, a moving disco ball.

Also quite funny that Tinker says (s)he uses an 8086 processor. Right...but maybe that was robot humor. I'm sure she has an array of processors and someone salvaged an 8086, so her joke was more like "even my 8086 is faster than you". Hilarious.

:facepalm:

A couple of days back I got in fight with some robos over in Damonta and I had Jamie,Red and Bart as npc followers at the time.Murdered almost everything in one round (a discobot and one of those flying doohickies were still standing) when all of the sudden Red decides to go all Rambo on me and starts spraying bullets in the direction of one of the bots.Problem is not one of bullets hit.Well,at least not the enemy.In one single turn the idiot managed to kill Scotchmo (he had low HP),Bart AND the suicidal Jamie.....Red=best marksman NA.

Son of a bitch....I reloaded and killed everything before Red had a chance to "help" us out but I didn't bother to save Wally Jamie anymore.It's just not worth it.

Yeah Jamie is just too dumb, which is a shame since he's fun to have around. I replaced him with another "pet", and this one is very talkative :p

So I'm finally in Los Angeles and went to some farm to rescue a lady's cows. Had to fight some synths and realized I am kind of underpowered. Some vendors showed up at my doorstep. Should I upgrade my equipment now? I have like 4000 scrap which I could use to buy a new assault rifle, shotgun, sniper rifle, energy rifle and blade. Everyone but two party members would get weapon upgrades. Or maybe I can just wait?

Also how long is the California section? Just as long as Arizona? I'd like to know how to pace myself.

Last edited:
From what I've heard California section is like Loc Muinne in The Witcher 2, as you can see it was clearly rushed. Apparently locations are small and quests quite short, so it shouldn't take you nearly that long.

Errr, nope. California is as long as AZ. And to me it didn't feel rushed, either. Only in late game, there's a location and quest line which is quite prone to bugs, even after patch 2 - still, all but one quest that I know of can be solved.
In fact, there are larger communities and quest lines in California than in AZ, the Loc Muinne comparison is really way off.

Well, I heard something different, but I didn't reach this part of the game yet myself, so I'm not sure. We'll see.

@.Volsung.
Cali's decent sizewise.Plenty to do but less fleshed out then Arizona.In regards to upgrades,you really should upgrade at least two party members before going out to Rodia and Angel Oracle.Also,you should watch out for random "nun" encounters.They pack serious fire power and can wipe your party in two turns (especially if you have wimpy followers or low con party members).

@Shavod
The only place in Cali that feels rushed is Hollywood.Thank God the last patch fixed everything (I think) because all of the quests were broken on launch.

Sidenote:Most of the game I felt OP as fuck.I should start the game again on a higher difficulty level.

Sidenote 2:The last battle is just awful....Take my advice:don't ask for help.From anyone.The battle becomes very tedious with too many people on board.

Sidenote:Most of the game I felt OP as fuck.I should start the game again on a higher difficulty level.

Sidenote 2:The last battle is just awful....Take my advice:don't ask for help.From anyone.The battle becomes very tedious with too many people on board.

True and true. In the end, I had about 40 unused skillpoints (closely equalling one maxed out skill) on every character, simply because there was no USE for them. That's not what you call very satisfying character development.

Top Bottom