Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
Okay, I can totally do this!!

1) He is an interesting character. Of course this is subjective as to what is 'interesting,' but he's a Templar who goes from having a fairly gentle outlook towards mages, to one who then stops viewing them as people. He then changes this again during DA2 and stands up against Meredith when she tells him to murder mages who have given themselves up to the Templars. When you play DA2 as a mage, he doesn't treat you with outward hostility, even though at that point he really doesn't like mages at all, and it basically shows him to have developed into a character that doesn't judge prematurely and manages to react based on the situation, rather than his own personal feelings, which is not how he was in Origins, when he demands that you kill the first enchanter on the off chance he's a blood mage or an abomination. Then finally, in the DA:I trailers, we've seen him having a friendly conversation and game of chess against Dorian, a Tevinter mage, which is something I can't imagine DA:O Cullen ever doing. This evolution of his character makes him more interesting, as I think a lot of people want to know how he came to change his ways/beliefs - if he has.

2) His crush on the female mage in DA:O was really cute and I know that's a big reason why he has a lot of female fans.

3) He is good looking.

So those are the reasons. Of course if you want a more in-depth explanation I'm sure you could just visit the Cullen tag on tumblr and eventually you'll find someone has written an essay about why Cullen is wonderful. It happens a lot @_@

Just you try!!! I will fight u as Cullen's champion!!

So Cullen is such a wimp that he needs a champion? :p

Also, I suspect that the order of the points you mentioned is actually reversed ;)

Either way, what you mentioned in point 1 is not particularly interesting. Am I to understand that people who are assholes cannot be interesting?

So Cullen is such a wimp that he needs a champion? :p

Also, I suspect that the order of the points you mentioned is actually reversed ;)

Either way, what you mentioned in point 1 is not particularly interesting. Am I to understand that people who are assholes cannot be interesting?

Not particularly interesting to you. To me, and many other people, it is interesting.
It's not the fact that being an asshole makes you uninteresting, it's the fact that he has shown character change and development, and that is what makes him interesting. It would be the same if he'd gone from a mage lover to a mage hater.

Also he had fans back in Origins when he wasn't even attractive so I don't think he has fans for purely shallow reasons.

hAHA Everyone take note! @Princess_Ciri just admitted Cullen needs a woman to fight his battles for him. :turned:

LOL

Yes, because being defended by a woman would be such an awful thing! The male ego is such a fragile thing, it seems to be damaged so easily.

edit: ok this is awesome

Last edited:
I can understand liking a character because they treat an oppressed group as human beings and being capable of judging clearly but there are other people like him, who have one or both of these qualities and are better written. Being a decent human being is paramount to any stable friendship (and more) in real life but in fiction, where everything is possible, it just comes across as...not good enough. I suppose I can accept him being part of the Inquisition but I'm glad he's not a party member, if it hadn't been for the fangirling around him I would have forgotten about him completely.

Last edited:
Eh, judge Gabranth has more swag than Cullen and can pull off those horns better. More handsome too, although FF XII will never be known as a paragon of character writing so if Cullen gets some cookie points on probably getting a better writing budget.

Cullen's not a bad character though. Maybe for the same reason I tend to root for the underdog side-character who finally gets some spotlight, is kind of the reason that I like him for now. But his fangirls on Tumblr posting drawings/writings of their sex fantasies with him make me feel real sorry for the guy D:. He would be better off as a non-romancable companion with an uglier face, IMO. <3

Last edited:
Yes, because being defended by a woman would be such an awful thing! The male ego is such a fragile thing, it seems to be damaged so easily.

Unless your arms and or legs are broken, I consider letting a woman fight your battles for you to be pretty weak indeed. I'm oldschool like that ;p

Unless your arms and or legs are broken, I consider letting a woman fight your battles for you to be pretty weak indeed. I'm oldschool like that ;p

That's cool. I consider that mindset weak and patronising but each to their own.

Just pray to Jebus Bioware didn't see this. There is still a chance they'll suddenly turn him into a transexual Qunari or something.

As long as my female Inquisitor can still hit that I don't mind.

also oooooooooooomg Cassandra is so gorgeous Iw ant to cry

why isn't she bi i hate it soooooooo much

Cassandra's actually cuter now to me compared to DA 2, where she was just there. I like her.

Have there been any trailers especially for Blackwall?

What are you going to do, send your unicorn army against us? :D

You're laughing now but it's no fun being impaled on a unicorn horn!!!!!

I find her more attractive in DA2 actually. Her features are too sharp in this one.
She looks meh in DA2 but in Dragon Age Inquisition she looks hot! I would completely go bisexual for her.

Have there been any trailers especially for Blackwall?

Nope, not yet. I think we've only had Vivienne and Iron Bull.

I worked at BioWare for over 12 years and spent a lot of time on Dragon Age during the development of Inquisition. I am really looking forward to what they come up with. If the secrets I knew when I left the company are still in when the game launches, it is going to be a darned good game. Since Wild Hunt doesn't come out till 2015, I think DAI can be RPG or even Game of the year for 2014.

Good thing for them we don't launch till next year. ;)

Top Bottom