Interviews and Articles Part 2

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
And anyways, people can impose some sort of hunger system on themselves. It is a roleplaying game after all. If you think you've been out in the wild too long and Geralt may be hungry then go to the local tavern. .

That of course depends if they allow food/drink as edibles that you can consume at any time. I know they did mention it in the Q&A video but they never specified how and when the edibles could be consumed, so it might not be a situation where you can do it at any time, but I hope so.

I'm all for people doing just what you said and implementing roleplay mechanics on themselves, and I think that's a better option than forcing everybody into something tedious like a hunger mechanic. However they need to at the very least have the system in place so people who want to, can and sadly being that it was removed in TW2, hopefully it's back and in its full glory like it was from TW1.

That of course depends if they allow food/drink as edibles that you can consume at any time. I know they did mention it in the Q&A video but they never specified how and when the edibles could be consumed, so it might not be a situation where you can do it at any time, but I hope so.

I'm all for people doing just what you said and implementing roleplay mechanics on themselves, and I think that's a better option than forcing everybody into something tedious like a hunger mechanic. However they need to at the very least have the system in place so people who want to, can and sadly being that it was removed in TW2, hopefully it's back and in its full glory like it was from TW1.
True. What I liked about TW1 was how Geralt actually ate the food. So many games make you go into menus and click a food to eat and then you hear *Crunch* and no actual animation of anything being drank or eaten

Well sometimes Stamina Bars are a necessary evil. A "breath" bar for underwater swimming is basically just that and it's definitely necessary. RDR's implementation of a stamina bar for Horses so you couldn't just infinitely ride at max speed is necessary and Dragon's Dogma that stamina bar is intricately tied to gameplay mechanics and again necessary.

Ultimately there's definitely cases where streamlining or casualization is bad. Certain aspects of TW1 > TW2 were streamlined, some good, some bad, but it has to be observed on a case by case basis.
You are right, I just didn't like how SKYRIM did it. I love how RDR & Dragon's Dogma did it tho ;)

Last edited:
Even though I don't understand anything that he is saying, he sounds a lot less annoying then the English dandelion. No offense to the English Voice Actor of Dandelion, It's just that he behaves like a child sometimes and the the voice becomes annoying. I like him in the succubus quest though. Any way, hopefully they will show us some Skellig gameplay? For instance part of the demo that the press saw 2(?) years ago. I really just want to see the islands and Crach.

[video=youtube;S0SDCr7U-wg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0SDCr7U-wg[/video]

Hah, so the surprise seems to be the Russian VO for Dandelion doing an in-charatcer presentation of the game. That's pretty cool, actually.

Haha!!! This is funny. Only Dandelion can tell the history of Novigrad in such hilarious way. :rofl:

I like these videos because everytime theres something new in the combat bits, like bandits pushing Geralt away when he gets too close, also it looks like grave hag uses some kind of whip as a weapon.

@Валькирия instead of laughing u should move your ass and translate it for us :p

i like Iwasik( russ. johonny )voice. He sound like he has impediment causing by this scar on lips, but the pnly one who can sing is polish one

Last edited:
Dandelion narrating it all is cool :) Russian Geralt sounds bad ass.

I'm happy for every opportunity to see combat in different forms. It's much more exciting in the Russian and Polish videos with the player not dashing around as much. Excitement is high right now. Can't wait to see a new video of the most updated build in all its unmitigated PC glory. Probably around the end of December or beginning of January.

I think you need to look at the topics he's talking about when it comes to that.

They're discussing Hunger and Time Limits on Quests, in those instances what he's saying is totally valid. In the first Witcher they also didn't instigate time limits on quests or force you to eat every X minutes and I'm sure they didn't do it for the exact same reason of not wanting to annoy players or introduce a tedious mechanic, the difference back then being is nobody bothered to ask those questions in an interview and you never go to hear a Dev response about it.

I agree with you on all points but I'm afraid that the developers' ambition is being severely capped by the fear of upsetting the players. They shouldn't give in to the players' whining and laziness. I hold casualization to be an absolute evil. I hope that the players on this forum aren't big fans of the easy ways either.

Damn those female Voice actors sound way more sexy and better than what we got. e.g that voice acting was perfect for the tree spirit, the one we got sounds annyoing oh well...

Yeah, I can tell that this is a later build of the English version. A lot of animations are improved (combat, hair and horse) as well as some UI/spell effects (claw effects and mud in your face, covering part of the screen). And the color and lighting were improved as well, they're much more colorful and less saturated. The combat was also improved with better fire effect and enemies feedback animations.

I like what I see but if only the video was higher quality with 60fps.

And I agree, the tree spirit thing should be a female voice, so that it's more soothing and fits better with the character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom