Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
There will be a livestream happening in about 3 hours, which apparently will show the first hour of DA:I, including the prologue and everything.

I am tempted but I probably won't watch it bc I'd like to experience the story for myself first.

I cannot watch it as it will have spoilers.

From what i saw from the stream the facial animation leaves a lot to be desired.
Qunari are still fucking glorious View attachment 7414

Attachments

• dance.gif
    dance.gif
    2.4 KB · Views: 37
Now I kinda regret that I watched that. Not because of spoilers, it's the dialogue. I didn't hear such cheesy derpiness for quite some time, who writes that stuff? Also that female Qunari looked stupid as hell.

Now I kinda regret that I watched that. Not because of spoilers, it's the dialogue. I didn't hear such cheesy derpiness for quite some time, who writes that stuff? Also that female Qunari looked stupid as hell.

Yeah some of the dialogue was cringeworthy :/
Female Qunari looks stupid? you dont know what you're talking about View attachment 7418

Attachments

• snooty.gif
    snooty.gif
    1.5 KB · Views: 48
From what i saw from the stream the facial animation leaves a lot to be desired.
Qunari are still fucking glorious View attachment 7414

Yeah in terms of facial animation I often feel that playing the Witcher 2 has made my standards too high. DA:I face animation sometimes looks worse than Witcher 2 face animation... but DA:I is still better than DA2's weird eyebrows so it's not so bad.

Well im just glad they made her look like a Qunari and not just a human with horns.

I don't know. Generally speaking all the Qunari from DA:I CC I've seen so far look pretty human to me. Which is actually pretty cool.

White Guy Qunari

Black Guy Qunari

Well, that was basically the Angry Joe vid plus cutscenes. Slick intro/tutorial, structurally similar to DA2´s (minus the ' Varric the unreliable narrator' schtick) but far better produced. And yes, the female Qunari lacks, well, gravitas. Voice actress okay but somewhat sterile-sounding. Dialog was kinda meh. It does the job, I suppose.

What I didn't like was this whole attitude that they started in media res and wanted you to kill things within a few minutes. I don't like that kind of attitude at all. If you can't be bothered to go through a decent intro (or even an origin story), then why even bother playing a narrative RPG? ME3 did this too, and it's very annoying. I don't suffer from Attention Deficit Disorder, and action game junkies can go play action games :(

I don't know. Generally speaking all the Qunari from DA:I CC I've seen so far look pretty human to me. Which is actually pretty cool.

White Guy Qunari

Black Guy Qunari

Eck, that's really distracting for me. I wish they didn't look like any of them and stayed ash grey. Damnit, DA 2's was much better. They come off as a half assed looking race here to me. Like they couldn't decide if they wanted them to be Dragon Age's Orcs, arguable already taken up by the darkspawn, or something more imposing.

Last edited:
Eck, that's really distracting for me. I wish they didn't look like any of them and stayed ash grey. Damnit, DA 2's was much better. They come off as a half assed looking race here to me. Like they couldn't decide if they wanted them to be Dragon Age's Orcs, arguable already taken up by the darkspawn, or something more imposing.

Well, it's typical pop culture American fantasy/sf race evolution. They start out with a distinctive look and ethos, then that gets refined, then it is suddenly revealed that in every Vulcan / Klingon / Qunari / / Borg / Fill in random race / ethnicity there's an American waiting to get out, accent included.
I also had to wince when they showed one token black archer among Leliana's men, it was a very in-your-face inclusiveness moment. I'm totally for more inclusiveness, but this wasn't exactly subtle.

Last edited:
What I didn't like was this whole attitude that they started in media res and wanted you to kill things within a few minutes. I don't like that kind of attitude at all. If you can't be bothered to go through a decent intro (or even an origin story), then why even bother playing a narrative RPG? ME3 did this too, and it's very annoying. I don't suffer from Attention Deficit Disorder, and action game junkies can go play action games :(
One could argue that ME3 didn't need it as much, because it was the third installment with the same protagonist and the same threat. But I do agree that DA:I could've used a little more lengthy slow-paced prologue. They even mention thinking about something like that. I guess they really wanted to leave you wondering what's going on, without explaining anything at all in the beginning. This approach could also work well enough, how well will it be executed, however, remains to be seen.

Well the only things I have seem from the streams are the same area over and over again, the woodland parts. I'll go and watch the prologue and hope ill see some variation.

I also had to wince when they showed one token black archer among Leliana's men, it was a very in-your-face inclusiveness moment. I'm totally for more inclusiveness, but this wasn't exactly subtle.

Ugh, tokenism is the worst. If you're going to try and be more racially inclusive, you can sure as hell manage more than 1 person. Sigh.

Ugh, tokenism is the worst. If you're going to try and be more racially inclusive, you can sure as hell manage more than 1 person. Sigh.
Well at the very least there's also Vivienne. When she was revealed I was actually very curious where do the people with such racial features come from in DA universe. TES has Redguards, but they have their own country, distinct culture and so on. But there doesn't seem to be anything like that in the world of Thedas. Or did I miss something?

Top Bottom