Character Appearances

+
When was it confirmed? Could you provide link please :) ?
I believe Marcin Momot wrote on Polish forum this:
Marcin Momot said:
Tak. To jest ostateczna wersja A alternatywny wygląd tyczy się stroju rzecz jasna
Which would roughly translate to:
Yes, it's the final version. An alternative appearance [from DLC preview] is refering to her clothing of course.

If I manage to find the original post (it was quoted by the user), then I'll give a link too :p.

View attachment 7501

This new version (DLC image) is final (confirmed).

I think it's the best among all shown so far, and I'm extremely glad that this will be her actual in-game image.

On the contrary, I believe it is merely an "alternative look" you can use if you don't like her default likeness from the Sword of Destiny trailer.

When was it confirmed? Could you provide link please :) ?

As I suggested to the gentleman above, this will be a free DLC that will allow you to change Yen's likeness. It never indicated it was changing her outfit.

I believe Marcin Momot wrote on Polish forum this:

Which would roughly translate to:

If I manage to find the original post (it was quoted by the user), then I'll give a link too :p.

That would seem inconsistent based on what the actual image states. That will be disappointing if true though as I preferred Yen's facial features in the Sword of Destiny trailer more. Her features were more soft and more appealing in my eyes. Now she seems less exotic and interesting.

Here is her original likeness for comparison:

View attachment 7502

Attachments

• TW3.jpg
    TW3.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 30
  • TW3-1.jpg
    TW3-1.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Geralt glanced keenly at the elf. For a second time, he thought he saw traces of a blush on his face. It surprised him no less than Chireadan's words. Pure-blooded elves were not wont to admire human women, even the very beautiful ones, and Yennefer, although attractive in her own way, couldn't pass as a great beauty.
Each to their own taste but, in actual fact, not many would describe sorceresses as good-looking.

Geralt glanced keenly at the elf. For a second time, he thought he saw traces of a blush on his face. It surprised him no less than Chireadan's words. Pure-blooded elves were not wont to admire human women, even the very beautiful ones, and Yennefer, although attractive in her own way, couldn't pass as a great beauty.
Each to their own taste but, in actual fact, not many would describe sorceresses as good-looking.
This.
Her character is fascinating, not the way she looks...Even Geralt does not consider Yenn as some perfect beauty...
It is matter of taste, but I don't really like any of Yenn's designs we've seen so far...Too young and too pretty...The one from DLC image is most acceptable..
But tbh, I don't care about it-character apperances is very low on my list of priorities :)

It's inevitably a non-issue as you will have the choice to pick the Sword of Destiny Yen or wait a week and use the alternate DLC one. Really, more options and more choices means we all win. Who could argue with that?

Isn't the DLC just clothing?

The image doesn't explicitly state that. I was under the impression it was just a different look for Yen, unless they are referring to her having a hood up instead of down. If it's the latter, I will find that somewhat disappointing.

The image doesn't explicitly state that. I was under the impression it was just a different look for Yen, unless they are referring to her having a hood up instead of down. If it's the latter, I will find that somewhat disappointing.

Already been stated in other threads, but Marcin said it on the Polish forums. It's just an alternative costume, not an entirely different face.
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...dla-każdego!?p=1453841&viewfull=1#post1453841

Yen is final, but the DLC gives an alternative outfit.

I don't really see how it's disappointing. It's free and it's optional, some people will love the different outfit, some people won't, it's up to you. Also it might not just be the hood, other parts of her outfit might change too, the image was merely an early preview. Wait and see approach is best here I believe.

Already been stated in other threads, but Marcin said it on the Polish forums. It's just an alternative costume, not an entirely different face.
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...dla-każdego!?p=1453841&viewfull=1#post1453841

Yen is final, but the DLC gives an alternative outfit.

I don't really see how it's disappointing. It's free and it's optional, some people will love the different outfit, some people won't, it's up to you. Also it might not just be the hood, other parts of her outfit might change too, the image was merely an early preview. Wait and see approach is best here I believe.

It's disappointing because of the fact her image has been changed permanently. I don't really care whether her hood is up or down personally. Her new look is okay, but I would have preferred her previous image. At least we have mods. I'm sure someone could restore her previous likeness.

Top Bottom