Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
Well, dragon age seems to be an epic fantasy (a tolkienesque one), while after the darker fantasy of GoT and TW i got to dislike this more colourful theme, for the fact that I like rpg genre and that DA:I got positive reviews, I'll get him a chance even if I buy it only after about 3 months (I really need to finish risen 3 and dark souls 2)
Dragon Age world is not Tolkienesque. It's actually really, really dark.
It's full of racism, opression, social issues which don't have easy solutions, betrayal and backstabbing, power abuse, slavery...
And there's always the demon and Darkspawn threat, which is pretty much constant.

I'd say it's as dark as The Witcher world, albeit in a different way.

Also why is everyone taking the Iron Bull scene so seriously? It was meant to be funny but y'all are judging it as if it's some super serious shit. I thought it was funny and awkward, and I'm assuming that's how it was meant to be.

Saw better humor on Jackass and Dumb and Dumber. Love that movie.

It's just sad. Qunari were these badass creatures and now they've been reduced to a joke and a Tumblr fetish.

Dragon Age world is not Tolkienesque. It's actually really, really dark.
It's full of racism, opression, social issues which don't have easy solutions, betrayal and backstabbing, power abuse, slavery...
And there's always the demon and Darkspawn threat, which is pretty much constant.

I'd say it's as dark as The Witcher world, albeit in a different way.
It certainly has a potential to be dark but it's hard to take it seriously when DA games are often so generic and infantile.

Saw better humor on Jackass and Dumb and Dumber. Love that movie.

It's just sad. Qunari were these badass creatures and now they've been reduced to a joke and a Tumblr fetish.

oooh look at you taking it seriously.
How has one funny sex scene reduced them to that? It's just one scene. Chill.

Also just bc you didn't find it funny doesn't mean nobody else did. Everyone else I've spoken to outside this forum thought the scene was cringey and hilarious.

I remain skeptical until user impressions start pouring in and sites like GameBanshee publish their take. So many sites are too much the fanboy or not critical and thorough enough in their analysis. This even happened for TW2, a game from a newcomer in the industry. You can be sure everyone and their grandma wants Bioware to 'be back.' I find the dearth of reviews odd - a bunch poured in and then it stopped. Only 14 on PC according to Metacrtic. TW2 had 76 and Origins had 67. How does this work on MC? Is it only review copies that get sent out by the publisher which are tallied in the score, or is it copies picked up by other sites as well?

I remain skeptical until user impressions start pouring in and sites like GameBanshee publish their take. So many sites are too much the fanboy or not critical and thorough enough in their analysis. This even happened for TW2, a game from a newcomer in the industry. You can be sure everyone and their grandma wants Bioware to 'be back.' I find the dearth of reviews odd - a bunch poured in and then it stopped. Only 14 on PC according to Metacrtic. TW2 had 76 and Origins had 67. How does this work on MC? Is it only review copies that get sent out by the publisher which are tallied in the score, or is it copies picked up by other sites as well?
The game wasn't officially released yet, therefore only few reviews exist.
I'm looking forward to GT review actually, they gave DA2 a 9.2:rofl:

oooh look at you taking it seriously.
How has one funny sex scene reduced them to that? It's just one scene. Chill.

Also just bc you didn't find it funny doesn't mean nobody else did. Everyone else I've spoken to outside this forum thought the scene was cringey and hilarious.

I'm not typing in all caps or making anyone out to be dumber than I am for liking it. I am chill.

I'm just stating my opinion, which is I didn't find it amusing, because I saw it as a slap to the face of what the Qunari once was. Sten wouldn't be amused I imagine. The sex scene is representing all the changes they made where they look more human than not, compared to DA 2, though of course Sten was completely human looking. But he was alien in personality and doctrine at least. Sleeping with them before wouldn't have even been a thing due to how different they were. Now, I don't know if that's there. And if it is, they should have given us that. I see Iron Bull as a convenience for those who want to fuck a Qunari. I'm sure there's a trope out there somewhere for it, where there's one member from a mysterious culture who is made similar enough for people to bang. It's just bad writing in my opinion, and this wasn't amusing in my opinion either.

I figured it went without saying, but to me in my opinion, Iron Bull reduced them to a joke and a Tumblr fetish.

There are a quite a few more reviews now, which for some reason aren't mentioned by Metacritic. They are all positive, some a bit more critical than others.
However, there may have been a 'sequential' distribution of review copies to the benefit of the big sites like Gamespot and IGN; I wouldn't exclude the possibility of a bit of manipulation on the part of EA BioWare / their publicity firm in this. If the big sites got their review copies a bit earlier, this, in combination with the shortening of the embargo period, would have greatly benefited the big guys. Regardless, the later reviews are also fairly positive and so are Angry Joe and Total Biscuit's comments so far.

LMAO NOPE i'm not watching it. Damn it I have an essay to write I'm not even meant to be here!!!!!! Stop tempting me *cries*

...then go write that essay :)

Top Bottom